Awoo.

Kirby's 25th Anniversary (Star Allies: Wave 3 DLC Update)

Sonictrainer

Blowout Blast confirmed for a July 6th release in North America; Japanese players get it two days eariler

Japanese trailer:

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, is that a Kirby localized cover where he's not angry?

• 2 months later...

Kirby Battle Royale and the name for the Switch Game was revealed today during the Nintendo Direct.

Am I really the only one who noticed the animal friends in the trailer for "Star Allies?" I loved the animal friends in Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3, and I've been wondering if they'd ever make a comeback. And there they were! Holy crap, I was so pumped, I didn't even notice the buff Dedede!

That being said, this game is looking pretty cool! It's kind of reminding me of the lost Gamecube game, where you could have four enemies as allies at a time.

They brought back Yo-Yo the best Kirby power up ever. I don't care what else they have to show I'm getting it regardless.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

Am I really the only one who noticed the animal friends in the trailer for "Star Allies?" I loved the animal friends in Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3, and I've been wondering if they'd ever make a comeback. And there they were!

That being said, this game is looking pretty cool! It's kind of reminding me of the lost Gamecube game, where you could have four enemies as allies at a time.

If you're referring to Nago, pretty sure he was in the first footage, too, and only makes a cameo as one of Broom Kirby's attack animations.

Speaking of Broom, its presence in particular was what instantly drew my thoughts to that aborted GCN title, since it was set to be introduced in that game.

14 minutes ago, Bop and Rock CC14 said:

If you're referring to Nago, pretty sure he was in the first footage, too, and only makes a cameo as one of Broom Kirby's attack animations.

Speaking of Broom, its presence in particular was what instantly drew my thoughts to that aborted GCN title, since it was set to be introduced in that game.

I saw Nago, but I also saw Chu Chu and Pitch as well in that scene, all of whom are from Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Actually, Broom was also introduced in Dreamland 3... I wonder if they're all a part of the broom ability?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, didn't know that. Didn't really play the Dream Land games that much, to be honest. Didn't notice Chu Chu or Pitch, either, so I guess I'll have to rewatch the footage again.

Star Allies looks to be the perfect start for someone who hasn't really played any of the games. It will definitely be an addition to my data-storage come the Spring.

As for Battle Royale... I've been enjoying Clash Deluxe, so maybe I can this one as well. Another watch of the trailer to get a better idea, I think.

GameXplain did their analysis on Star Allies:

Also, here's some official art and screenshots of Battle Royale and Star Allies:

37024443956_b0c3a4d521_b.jpg

37024444296_48ff4cf92a_b.jpg37024445026_4c41986ce5_b.jpg

37024445546_8a80ba3147_b.jpg37024445606_071885ddc5_b.jpg37024446326_1a363c4140_o.jpg37024446346_408fd2ca81_o.jpg37024446426_639e43b3a1_o.jpg37024446516_9d3c07137d_o.jpg37024446596_9c1c20c629_o.jpg37024446666_a2d9ceb4b4_o.jpg

Kirby Star Allies

36377741664_cf105a5bf4_b.jpg36377741674_46dfaec02a_b.jpg36377741704_895e2523e7_b.jpg37024442966_a483c84bef_b.jpg37024443016_62708020a7_b.jpg37024443146_53c451fb0b_b.jpg37024443246_47abc53161_b.jpg37024443336_b11f66285c_b.jpg37024443446_d34ee97c40_b.jpg37024443636_cdda926c1b_b.jpg37024443756_61866f3891_b.jpg

Last, but not least, the Copy Ability Poll is up

http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/

Which Copy Ability is your favorite?

Kirby has inhaled dozens of Copy Abilities over the years. Now you can vote for your favorite! The winning Copy Ability will be featured in an upcoming Nintendo 3DS theme and a custom wallpaper—it may even appear in the Kirby Battle Royale game!

How to vote:

• Choose your favorite Copy Ability below and click on the “vote” button.
  • You can vote once per day until 10/2/17.

Note: Copy Abilities in this list which are already included in Kirby Battle Royale are marked with Kirby Icons. Copy Abilities marked with red circles cannot be added to the game.

The Copy Abilities in the poll are:

• Archer
  • Animal
  • Backdrop
  • Ball
  • Balloon
  • Beam
  • Beetle
  • Bell
  • Bomb
  • Bubble
  • Burning
  • Circus
  • Cleaning
  • Cook
  • Copy 
  • Crash
  • Cupid
  • Cutter
  • Doctor
  • ESP
  • Fighter
  • Fire
  • Freeze
  • Ghost
  • Hammer
  • Hi-Jump
  • Ice
  • Jet
  • Laser
  • Leaf
  • Light
  • Magic
  • Metal
  • Mike
  • Mini
  • Mirror
  • Missile
  • Needle
  • Ninja
  • Paint
  • Parasol
  • Plasma
  • Poison
  • Sleep
  • Spike
  • Spear
  • Stone
  • Suplex
  • Sword
  • Throw
  • Tornado
  • UFO
  • Water
  • Wheel
  • Whip
  • Wing
  • Yo-yo

• 3 weeks later...

Japan released a new trailer for Battle Royale, which shows off the game's copy abilities and minigames.

Also, the results of the Copy Ability Poll will be revealed on November 7th

• 5 weeks later...

Remember that Copy Ability Poll?

Well, here are the results!

Don't like the results? Another poll is coming on the 15th.

Mirror #1? Meh. Never liked that ability. 

At least the greatness that is Yo-Yo managed to snag #2, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

OK, Swole Dedede is just asking to be a new Final Smash, since the Big Gay Dance Waddle Dee Army was fun but the Dedeburst was just lackluster.  This looks to have some potential other than the boss fight.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't expecting this, turned on my Switch and saw a news message that Star Allies has a demo out on the EShop. Not sure about other regions but EU/UK seems to have it.

Doesn't look like the US is getting a demo. At least not yet.

Meh. Got plenty of Kirby action to keep me busy replaying Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. Such great games. I'm so ready for this one.

It bothers me that there's a loading screen for every door you enter. Oh well, the game still looks extremely fun regardless of that, but I do hope that a patch could cut down on some of those.