Awoo.

Naoto and the new Sonic games

SallesTH

The creator of Sonic The Hedgehog, Naoto Ōshima, seems to be interacting frequently with SEGA and the franchise itself. Will we have Sonic's Father working with Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces?

cats.png

• Thumbs Up 2

He's still friends with Hoshino and Iizuka, so he seems to go over to catch up with them and then get drunk with them later. 

No, he went to SoA during the day, went out with his buddies later that night, and then left Los Angeles the next day. 

But where do you go to SEGA? Simply to show that it was? He is posting excessive things about the classic Sonic, goes that...of course, it's just a rumor.

Judging from his RTs earlier today, Naoto Ohshima is probably still with Arzest in some form, who're currently working on Hey! Pikmin. 

Naoto worked on Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 for 3Ds, which is not even a game that old, 2016. He was a supervisor.

It is entirely possible that Naoto will return to work with Sonic.

I could see Ohshima-san return for some minor supervision or maybe a fancy new art piece to promote Mania, but I don't see much more than that. Arzest do plenty of stuff for Nintendo nowadays (hence why they worked on Mario and Sonic 3DS) and I doubt he's gonna give up what's effectively a partnership with a huge first-party just for old time's sake.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Eu podia ver Ohshima-san retorno para alguma supervisão menor ou talvez uma peça de arte nova fantasia para promover Mania, mas eu não vejo muito mais do que isso. Arzest fazer muitas coisas para a Nintendo hoje em dia (daí por que eles trabalharam no Mario e Sonic 3DS ) e duvido que ele vai desistir do que é realmente uma parceria com uma enorme primeira-festa apenas para o tempo antigo.  

First of all, I appreciate your arts. I post them on Sonic Connect.

Naoto may be helping Whitehead develop the essence of Sonic Mania - the art. An intelligent strategy on their part, since Naoto worked on Sonic CD and...Sonic Mania pulls roots from Sonic CD, mainly.

i could see Ohshima-san being involved in mania as a supervisor, maybe for the animated cutscene(s) (which i hope are going to happen) or as @Tracker_TD said, doing a promotional art piece, but anything beyond that i highly doubt it.

15 hours ago, SallesTH said:

Naoto may be helping Whitehead develop the essence of Sonic Mania - the art. An intelligent strategy on their part, since Naoto worked on Sonic CD and...Sonic Mania pulls roots from Sonic CD, mainly.

That is already done by Kazuyuki Hoshino (also a major contributor to Sonic CD, and also Chaotix). It's not as if he didn't train the younger artists at Sega.

I think he is just a consumer like everyone else when he said to support Sonic Mania.

• Thumbs Up 4

So literally seems like he's just offering support to his old workmates and the rest of the teams, which is still a nice sentiment. 

PS Fuck that tweet from linklick. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sonic Mania is really the definitive classic experience. Naoto is a master at Sonic.