Roboat06

The future of Tomy's Sonic merch...

18 posts in this topic

Okay, so if have not heard yet, Tomy released their plans for the Sonic merch in 2017 back in December. They will be continuing the Boom line. Also, there is a new line called the Collector's Series, containing both Classic and Modern stuff. With some of the products just starting to hit store shelves (or just Amazon, ya know), I thought having a little discussion about it might be a good idea.

Watch this video for more information.

dämmerung_rabbit likes this

I really just hope Tomy can make some good and hopefully diverse modern sonic stuff....not super interested with the Boom merchandise but i am really interested with the modern sonic stuff since modern sonic merchandise hasn't been very prominent in a while.

Tomazo likes this

I luv the idea of those Boom Emoji plushies! I'm okay with the redesigns, but I would much rather have them make Emoji plushies of either Classic or Modern. Or both!

The emoji plushes looks super cute!! I might pick one up (if my local toy store properly stocks them haha) since they look cool. But I think Tomy should get on to releasing their stuff sooner, they've been delaying stuff a lot recently...

Yeah! I can't wait til I get my hands on the 'Cute Tails' one! Tails is soo adorable, and I really want that plush! I might modify it into a Modern plush (if that is even possible), cuz the Modern designs are better. I still luv Tails' Boom redesign, though.

Yeah the 'cute tails' looks so...cute I guess for a lack of a better word! I actually liked the boom designs (except for knuckles that re design was pretty dumb).

The modern figures also look great! Finally, after 2-3 years since Jazwares stopped production (funny, since I wasn't even a Sonic fan til about June 2016), we are getting Modern figures! Too bad they won't have articulation in the hands...

Yeah I really missed modern figures that weren't super limited event-only things, it's a shame they don't have much articulation but the sculpts look really good! Also, I have been a fan since late August of 2016, so its really cool seeing someone else who is a recent fan!

Roboat06 likes this

Does anyone think they'll also have game-specific lines for Forces and Mania like how Jazwares did for Unleashed trilogy and Black Knight? And given that Great Eastern mentioned how Tomy were now the ones making the character plush, does this keen we could get some lesser-known characters down the line?

Roboat06 and dämmerung_rabbit like this

Maybe... 

I just hope that Tomy or some other high-quality toy manufacturer continues the Super Posers line, or something like that. Having larger figures with more articulation would be a great idea, especially since the 3 inch Modern ones have less articulation than the old Jazwares ones, as well as the fact that they would be easier to film, since they are larger, stand up more easily, and have more articulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but it really depends on what characters and the designs are like if they change, since Black Knight and Unleashed had different designs and characters (though unleashed had Werehog so I wouldn't be shocked if the new character for forces gets some plushes and figures).

Morning everyone! Anyone awake yet? Cuz I am, and I'm ready for more discussion!

I was watching PatMac's video on the 25th anniversary plushies, and he mentioned how the crushed velvet material makes the plushies more expensive than the normal 8 inch Tomy plushies. He said that they might eventually release these plushies without the crushed velvet, which could make them less expensive. I don't think that will happen though, as they are still available in my local Toys "R" Us, and a lot of other places. I mean, these plushies are supposed to sell for $14.99, but on Amazon, Knuckles is $11.99. 

????????
KNUNK KNUCK ITS KNOCKLES

I think the crushed velvet material makes it difficult and more expensive to manufacture so I imagine the prices get higher and the stock gets lower given how many people want and like them, so making them with the normal material Tomy usually uses would be less pricey for them and more would be made. Plus I believe there are already the recent classic sonic plushes of tails and sonic by Tomy being sold on sites like Amazon (in the US at least, certainly not where I live haha)

I suddenly have a craving for a Metal Sonic plush after watching Season 2 of Sonic's Misfit Adventures by UltimateDSman, in which Metal looks up to Sonic. Basically, Sonic is Metal's senpai. I just found it so cute, the whole Metal looking up to Sonic, and actually being a hero thing, that I suddenly wanted a Metal Sonic plush. 

Luckily, Tomy is gonna release a Modern Metal Sonic plush soon. It should have been out by now, but it got delayed, and will probably be released soon.

Yeah, Tomy is known for delaying stuff a lot DX

I'm pretty sure there's the Boom Metal Sonic plush though which could tie you over for the wait (if there is one in stock where you live at least).

Roboat06 likes this

I've noticed that this topic has not had much activity in the past few days, so I'm gonna change the theme of this topic from Tomy plushies to Sonic plushies in general. Hopefully it will help out.