Awoo.

Chao Chat!

The drunkard from space!

Something in the back of my mind was telling me I made a Chao thread before but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

Since Sonic Adventure 2 re-released on XBLA and PSN I felt the need of making a Chao thread (or bump the old one I thought I had :/) where we can all talk about the Chao we raised/raising.

We all know what Chao are! Right? Those cute, adorable, not tamagotchi things very few of us we took care of :3.

Since I never bothered with Sonic Adventure's Chao Garden I'll just skip to Adventure 2 HD's.

I have two Chao at the moment: Jynx and Spike.

Jynx is still an adorable baby Chao. His stats are:

Swim Lv.1

Fly Lv.1

Run Lv.2

Power Lv.1

Stamina Lv.1

Obviously I haven't taken that much care of him yet. I've been spending my time taking care of Spike first. He just evolved into a Shadow Chao (Achievement for the win!).

Spike's stats are:

Swim Lv.10

Fly Lv.10

Run Lv.13

Power Lv.10

Stamina Lv.8

I'll get around to posting pictures of them later.

Edited by Rowdyruff Dazzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

I named both mines Pablo and Gringo.

I swear that they turn Good/Bad faster in this port o.o (or I'm just so pro) Also, I think they patched that Chao Garden glitch where you can break through the invisible wall, as I just couldn't do it for the life of me today.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never spent much time with the Chao Gardens and I'm glad the trend of people going "The games need Chao Gardens" is mostly over.

In terms of design they are cute though, I just don't feel the tamagotchi thing is really necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

the chao gardens were the replayability for me, getting best times, breeding an invisible chao and ghost chao using certain shiny generations, I thought they were great, still do! chaos chao were awesome, never died, id always wanted an amy and knuckles chao but they are actually impossible to get sadly, tails chao you need PS0 or something which i never had too... I wish they had them as little purchases on PSN/Xbox live so i could finally get them :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder where they would lie if they were to be in a natural ecosystem? I know they're artificial life, but we've seen at least one monster feed on them (Ifrit). That could have been purely for food, or for the inert chaos energy they apparently have within them.

Maybe they just use them for ice-cream.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder where they would lie if they were to be in a natural ecosystem?

well they are pretty weak, and have a good bit of flesh on them, probably hardly any bones... I bet most animals would have a go. I mean even Eggman can slap them to timbuktwo. If they were real, I could see them being only domestic animals, made to be pets :)

I like the Chao, but the amount of time it takes to level them up...I just can't play with the Chao Garden anymore.

I got bored of chao when I realized that I was just grinding for animals and drives to shove in their faces to watch numbers go up and for them to look a little different, instead of having fun.

• Thumbs Up 9

Eh, I like it, but it's pointless if you don't have friends to pit each other's against Which is another reason I wanted Online play.

Just raising them is boring as shit.

I've got one of these:

neutralrungd8.jpg

It looks just like this, but with that toothy smile. I named it KaCHAO.

And I have one on these:

uimc9.jpg

It looks like this, but completely white, and I gave it those bat animals so it has no legs. It's named Ghost.

Both are in Sonic Adventure 2

I had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands.

Edited by a person

Made loads of Chao on the GC version, but for HD i'm not really that fussed at the moment. I need to get the emblems though so perhaps that will make me attached to the chao garden again xD.

I'll have a look at soon and take some photos. My personal favorite Chao was a Sonic Chao. It had Warthogs feet parts to give the impression of Sonic's shoes! I think it also had the angry eyes expression but I'm not sure.

Edited by Guest

This is Chaoie

ravmew.png

He looks like a normal monotone sky blue Chao doesn't he? Well he isn't. He's a two-tone sky blue Chao. He's my greatest achievement Chao-wise with some great grades. Before he evolved, I cloned him into two more Chao that I evolved into a Chaos Angel called Angie...

fe2w5l.png

...and a Chaos Devil called Devie respectively;

28t9s7t.png

Awesome Chao. Very competent at Races and Karate. I think Devie is a great example of how wild-looking two-tone Chao can be when you compare it to Chaoie and Angie. Exactly the same colouration Chao evolved into different types

My favourite Chao are flying types. I love raising neutral-fly Chao (The ones that look like NiGHTS). They're very eye-catching and their wings look pretty. Chaoie/Angie/Devie used to be a neutral-fly type in both of it's past lives that I named "Minti";

334ovpy.png

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 7

Okay, how the hell do people make Chaos Chao? I've tried so many damn times, with so different methods. It's starting to kind of annoy me.

Okay, how the hell do people make Chaos Chao? I've tried so many damn times, with so different methods. It's starting to kind of annoy me.

Reincarnate the Chao at least twice. During the baby stage of it's third life, give it every single animal in the game. The trick is NOT to let the Chao go too far towards any type i.e Don't let it look like a fly-type too much or it'll evolve into a fly type rather than a Chaos type. Make it look like a baby Hero Chao for a Chaos Angel and a baby devil for a Chaos Devil. Keep it neutral-looking for a normal Chaos Chao.

It is extremely easy to pull off. It just takes a long long time.

Reincarnate a chao at least twice, then give it one and only one of each animal when it's a child. When it evolves it should be a chaos chao. At least that's how I remember the requirements...in any case it's not that difficult unless you fuck up giving it the animals in some way, so I'm not sure where you're having trouble.

I'll also add that the amount of animals you give it is irrelevant. You can give it more than one animal of the same kind and it won't affect the Chaos evolution unless the Chao is too oriented towards a specific type. Also, the minimal amount of reincarnations required is 2, you DON'T HAVE to evolve it on it's third life into a Chaos Chao. You can evolve it on it's fourth, fifth, sixth life if you so want to into normal Chao and so on.

That's a prime way of improving grades because evolving it into different types increases a skill's grade by one i.e If you have a baby that has a C grade in say running and then evolve that baby into a Run-type, it's run skill will be ramped-up to a B grade. So if you continually evolve a Chao throughout it's multiple reincarnations into specific types to increase grades, it's entirely possible to get an all-S grade Chao.

Edited by Vertekins

That's what I was told to do before. It didn't work for me when I tried it. I fed it all the animals and it just reincarnated normally. Can I not feed it stuff during it's first 2 reincartions? I was told I could.

That's what I was told to do before. It didn't work for me when I tried it. I fed it all the animals and it just reincarnated normally. Can I not feed it stuff during it's first 2 reincartions? I was told I could.

The things the Chao were given during it's first two lives have nothing to do with the Chaos evolution process in it's third+ life. The only thing you should be concerned about is making sure the Chao is happy enough to reincarnate at least twice and whilst it's in the baby stage of it's third+ life, making sure it has been given at least one of every animal and isn't too oriented towards one Chao type except neutral.

If those mandatory 'rules' are followed, there's no reason why you can't make a Chaos Chao. I always made sure that I had a list of animals written on paper then ticked-off each animal given to the Chao to make absolute sure that it has at least one of every animal type and that I didn't miss any.

Doesn't matter what you do in the first two lives (or any lives prior to the one where you want it to become a chaos chao).

I fed it all the animals and it just reincarnated normally.
Are you giving it the animals when it's a child and waiting for it to evolve, or when it's an adult and waiting for it to reincarnate? Because you want to be doing the former, not the latter.

Lol I did the same thing, I scanned the Chao animal page from my strategy guide and just marked them off.

I guess I just have to collect and feed the animals to the chao 1 by 1 so I don't collect one and end up not feeding it to it.

EDIT: Child.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Ah, Chao. So many hours wasted.

I still have the very first Chao I ever hatched on my SA2B file. His name is Bubbly (shut up) and he is a Neutral Chaos Chao with AWFUL grades. I've got a two-tone shiny blue little badass named Zeke whom I'm (probably never) going to make an actually good Chaos Chao.

I have a question for you, chao lovers!

I want to buy a sky blue chao egg at black market. Not a regular blue egg, not a shiny blue egg, just a sky blue egg. I have seen it exist in several FAQ's and guides like this one ( an amazing website about chao, btw), but I've never seen it ingame, ever. Not in my SA2b in gamecube, not in this.

So the question...is the egg really in the game? or is one of those rare eggs you had to get from GBA? Any way to make it show at XBLA version? I know I've enough emblems to it to show up, because others eggs within the same range appear so more or often, but no sky blue egg, ever. I need one!

I've several chao, I'll talk about them later!