Awoo.

Chao Chat!

The drunkard from space!

I've had like 5 Sky Blue chao.

How many Emblems do you have?

I currently have 55 emblems. That should be enough, doesn't it?

I mean something along the lines of a Sonic Chao, Shadow Chao, Eggman Chao, etc.

The only type of Chao any more difficult to obtain than others are the Chaos Chao. Otherwise it's just a case of what animals and drives you give them, what colour egg you used and whether you align them dark, hero or neutral.

Chao start life as babies and as this stage you can influence whether they'll be hero, dark or neutral and what their first permanent evolution will be. After they evolve once, their alignment and type become set in stone, but you can gradually influence them any way you like by continuing to give them drive and animals. This gradual evolution can be done as many times as you like, but does take a while.

The only two character Chao you can obtain in the game are Sonic (neutral/run/run) and Shadow (dark/run/run). The other ones that legitimately exist are Knuckles, Tails and Amy, but they're unobtainable in this version. You can get creative and make you own unofficial ones of course.

Edited by Blue Blood

Other than Sonic, Shadow and Whippy, most of the Chao here were made for experimenting with type and colour combinations (particularly Pinkie and Riku). I had a garden just full of different two-tone and shiny two-tone babies, so i'm not sure what I'll do with those, I was just breeding them to get as many colours possible xD.

Anyway, part 1:

chao1.png

Sonic, Shadow, Snow, Chappy, Whippy (ice cream head), Carl, Spike, Pinkie, Riku.

Part 2:

chao2.png

Candy, Link, Guppy, Aqua, Rusty (both being re-born :/ ) CHOMP!, Jester, Minnie.

Then lastly two Chao in progress that I never finished, one is a Super Sonic Chao and the other a white Sonic Chao.

CHOMP was made just to see what a black Hero chao would look like with the white pupils of the eyes standing out!

I just realized I missed out a really cool Hero Chao named Nancy, I'll take a photo another day though.

Edited by Guest

Looking at this thread brings back so many memories! :'D

Caterkiller, I LOVE that black NiGHTS Chao, wow -- it's one of the coolest I've ever seen!! I forgot what the word for that type of Chao is though and it's driving me crazy! It's (obviously) not a solid color Chao, but I don't think it's a two-tone either... help please on refreshing my memory </3

Looking at this thread brings back so many memories! :'D

Caterkiller, I LOVE that black NiGHTS Chao, wow -- it's one of the coolest I've ever seen!! I forgot what the word for that type of Chao is though and it's driving me crazy! It's (obviously) not a solid color Chao, but I don't think it's a two-tone either... help please on refreshing my memory </3

I believe that's a two-tone black and it looks like it's had a lot of yellow Chaos Drives.

You know, I got to thinking, it would have been cooler if Chao had a gradual animal evolution like their skill change their heads.

Like, Bunny ears, it'd been cooler if, rather than it just attaching bunny ears the way it does, as you add more rabbits to your Chao, bunny ears (maybe in the same skin as their skin) start slowly coming out of his head.

I believe that's a two-tone black and it looks like it's had a lot of yellow Chaos Drives.

Ah, so that's it! Thank you :D Two-Tones are my favorite types~

Seeing all this is making me want to go get the game out... Chao are my absolute favorite part of the Sonicverse ;v; I usually replay SA2 every year -- I've probably invested more time into Chao than any other game I own :'D I remember going on a memory card spending spree just for Chao raising and ended up with a box full of them, LOL... so worth it!

Chao are awesome and they should be in the next Sonic game! They are so much fun to raise and show off to friends! Sonic Team could add more minigames and could even intertwine the chao gardens with the main game by making certain abilities or stats equippable to Sonic through the chao! I don't know! Just put them in the next game PLEASE! I can guarantee if there was a chao garden in Generations it would of sold another million copies. I guarantee it.

If chao are so popular they should make a chao game, instead of shoving it into a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Chao are awesome and they should be in the next Sonic game! They are so much fun to raise and show off to friends! Sonic Team could add more minigames and could even intertwine the chao gardens with the main game by making certain abilities or stats equippable to Sonic through the chao! I don't know! Just put them in the next game PLEASE! I can guarantee if there was a chao garden in Generations it would of sold another million copies. I guarantee it.

YESSS I can't agree enough with all of this! It's already been said a million times, but I'm honestly very shocked that they haven't done another chao garden yet with all the demand and endless potential it has! I had my hopes set for one being announced on one of SA/SA2's anniversaries, but it has yet to happen </3 They've been popping up more often in games/merchandise though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it being a hint for the future!

If chao are so popular they should make a chao game, instead of shoving it into a Sonic game.

Personally, I'd like a sorta lock on DLC for it. One that you could attach to an later Sonic game, or existing one. It can be expanded upon with patches and you could make extra use of any gimmicks a Sonic game may have.

Plus, it can give a use to animals if they ever return to bust out of some robots.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, I have a question!

On the file I used to do glitches/hacks on (break through the corner of the rocks and fly around the garden, tails/knuckles/amy/omochao/etc.) about 50% of the time leaving a garden my game would just go black. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm positive there were more interesting occurrences, but I forget. The main question is: did anything ever happen to your guys' Chao due to hacking/glitches? It was always my biggest fear...

There's just not enough to do with them. Any ideas about that?

Change the Experience System

-It takes way too long to raise Chao from Child to Adult and then to Reincarnation

-instead of playing a stage, collecting animals and Chaos Drives, and then dumping them into the Gardens, let's it make it so that you can equip 1 Chao, that will fly around with you on a Stage and everything you collect will automatically be absorbed by the Chao you have equipped. Or you can have Experience Gauges, similar to Sonic Unleashed, where you can store all the power from the Chaos Drives you collect, and any Animals you collect can go to a Nature Preserve or place where you can take a Chao and have it copy their abilities

-if you want a Chao to look like a certain Sonic Character, have them equipped with that character for 5 stages

Turn Chao Stadium into an Olympic Tournament like M&SATO

-have more than just Racing and Karate

-have each Chao's Stats will affect their chances of winning in the games

-Chao who have a higher version of certain stats can do more in events

-Instead of players just cheering Chao on when they race or fight, change it so that you can have full control over them

Have Chao Garden Customization

-organize how you want your gardens to look

-buy toys and objects for your Chao that can increase their Stats, influence their Type, and raise their happiness.

-make it so that you can buy new gardens or expand old gardens with Rings, so you can have more Chao

-have Gardens in actual Sonic Levels

Make everything optional

-If you don't want anything to do with the Chao, sell the Animals and Chaos Drives to get Rings to buy other things from the Shop. Also, don't put the Shop in the Kindergarden.

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I heard that in every SA2b there are two chao eggs missing at random, that you cold only get by linking to GBA. Is that true? if it, I think Sky Blue egg is one of mine in SA2HD....

I've never come across that one. I know that there are two eggs (sun and moon) in the GBA chao garden that you're supposed to be only able to get by moving a chao of each color through there (so you need a GC game to move eggs/chao in and out), but haven't heard of any missing from the console games other than those. If it's the same as the Japanese 'water-colored' egg you have to have between 15 and 60 emblems to have it available, so you might have missed it that way.

it's the typical aqua blue egg, not a special one. I want one..

I read somewhere that certain eggs only unlock if you have several save files on the same game, so I started a new save file and I'm tryng to get 20 emblems to unlock it...

What?

Pretty sure he meant having Chao Gardens be themed like actual levels in-game, so have like a Green Hill- or City Escape-themed garden.

-have Gardens in actual Sonic Levels

heh, that reminds me to the A-Life system in Nights. God, I keep killing by mistake those poor nightopians....

On topic, is there anyway to change Chao personalities?

One of mine was born a crybaby (or atleast turned really early on it). He doesnt cry at all, he just doesnt give a fuck about anything. He ignores my other Chao, doesnt plant the seeds i give him...