Awoo.

Sonic Graphic Design!

Roboat06

Back a few weeks ago, I was messing around on YouTube when I found these tutorials on making Sonic logos in Photoshop, such as the Runners logo and the Unleashed logo. Interested, I booted up my copy of Photoshop and followed the instructions, but it was too difficult for me. I don't know what happened next, but I created a few iterations of a Sonic logo design using just layer effects. Here's my latest design:

sonic_logo.thumb.png.a2f667cf391e424999fd3d36233e350e.png

The font used in the logo is called NiseSegaSonic, which I presume is a fan-made font made to capture the exact font used in the official logo. As for the Sonic logo itself, it is speculated to be a modified version of a font called Syntax Ultra Black. Here, take a look:

latest?cb=20131010194456

But I digress. The point is that graphic design for logos in Photoshop can be easy. Especially in the case of the Sonic logo. Here's the font: nisesonic.zip

• Thumbs Up 6

One thing I always thought interesting about the Sonic logo is the way the hole in the O is slanted.  I always had difficulty recreating that when I was a kid.  It's a nice subtle little change that subliminally emphasizes the concept of forward movement and perhaps more intently resembles the shape Sonic takes on when charging up a Spin Dash.

Very cool little detail.  Simple but identifiable.

• Thumbs Up 1