Awoo.

Sonic Time Twisted - Released 1.1.0 Android and Windows

overbound

I remember playing the demo of Time Twisted which was fantastic. Good physics, 32x art looks lovely and of course Sonic CD-esque time travel.

Looking forward to playing the finished game!

at least one classic sonic game to release this spring. kek

cant wait, really excited to see what you have done there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smart move that you can still use the elemental shield powers even when you have the temporary invincibility. 

On 4/7/2017 at 3:35 PM, overbound said:

Thanks you guys! Here's a shot of the special stage. Also there are 14 not 12 (by bad :P).

specialstage.png

Ohhhh, this looks sick! As does the rest of the game, can't wait for Wednesday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha, was rather surprised to see this get a spotlight on GameXplain.

I wasn't following this really closely, but this looks really neat. I like the new earth shield that's being introduced and the special zones involving racing Metal Sonic are cool. I also appreciate giving the player multiple chances at the cost of a life to keep trying for an Emerald. I don't normally play fan games, but I might give this a look when it drops.

WSdwUYU.png

Making some good progress so far. I also broke the game twice, will report those asap. Want to try to finish and find any other issues.

Beat it earlier. Time to drop my thoughts.

Overall it's OK! Certainly one of the better Sonic fangames I've played, but very inconsistent (prolly as a result of a 12 year dev cycle). It tries a ton of things without being particularly amazing at any of them. Level design is a mixed bag, music is forgettable, the graphics are decent, edging pretty good (Sonic's sprite in particular is stellar and some of the parallax and general effects in the later zones are great.) In particular, the Special Stages are a concept I've always wanted to see, though I don't think they're well-executed here sadly (control-wise I didn't find it fun and the judging gap distance was a pain in the arse). Love the idea though. 

I enjoyed it more than Bt/AtS, physics-wise I think it's a lot tighter (though there's still a few notable oddities), and I'd definitely recommend giving it a whirl. The past/future mechanic is particularly well-implemented, and I was pretty impressed by the seamless transitions that ran throughout the whole game.

As for the final boss...

Spoiler

Eggman as Galactus was something I glanced at utterly confused towards for a second, before I remembered the Death Egg exists and as such (ignoring the Archie Comic that actually did it), it was actually a pretty fitting nod. Good job on that, it made me chuckle.

So yeah, give it a go. 

• Thumbs Up 1

iy24y0l.png

Witness my power

Had an absolute blast, need a bit more time to write out more of my thoughts. But overall I had a lot of fun, and I will say that the final boss

had me giggling like mad

Spoiler

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world, mad world

sonic.thumb.PNG.b48913bd610cfe0a8c388726680b91d0.PNG

• Thumbs Up 3

Just beat Time Twisted.

Spoiler

Kk5wIHL.png

I did a playthrough of the first two zones.

Good physics, Sonic controls nicely. Music had some nice stuff. Level design was alright for the most part and enemy placement was okay, although a bit unfair at times. The bosses are creative, didn't have a problem with any of them. As for the final boss, you could say it was a little....on the nose

Related image

Managed to get four time stones & four chaos emeralds. I like the concept of the special stages but the controls are really poor. I lost count of the amount of times I failed due to the bottomless pits. The third chaos emerald special stage difficulty spike is really unfair, whereas chaos emerald SS four was easy. I wasted most of my extra lives restarting the special stages over and over. Not fun.

wamx2wh.png

Will definitely play this again with Tails & Knux. Can't recommend the special stages but other than that it's decent.

LAMO I love that poem song. I can totally just imagine a video with him coming up in slow motion and that song playing. So great!

Thank you all for playing the game and your kind words everyone. I am having a lot of fun reading about what people think here and on twitter and watching as many play thorough as I can.

A full-game playthrough of Sonic Time Twisted has appeared!

Link to YouTube

Took me a while to prepare this video, but it was worth it.  Spoilers obviously, but I completed the game, and then I go for all the emeralds, and unlock a certain gold character and an extra ending?

Okay, so I've now beaten the game with Tails and this time got all time stones and chaos emeralds. I had to replay a few levels to get missing emeralds etc. 

zVHwdHF.png

I'm now doing a playthrough with Knuckles. First part which I have uploaded. I'm trying to get all emeralds and time stones without having to replay stages before I beat the game.

I've been playing with an Xbox1 controller and (as I said in my previous post) I've found the special stages very difficult. Sonic moves and controls really badly. An hour ago I decided to switch to my X360 controller and Sonic controls so much better in the special stages! Moves more smoothly and all of a sudden I am finding the special stages a lot easier. Still tricky of course but much more fair. For this reason I owe @overbound an apology as the special stages don't control as bad as I thought they did. I do like their concept-racing Metal Sonic is a neat idea. As a result of using the X360 controller; with Knuckles I managed to get three more chaos emeralds and four time stones between Frigid Fortress & Viridan Valley (this zone has my favorite music, especially the Past mix). I was exploring the levels like crazy!

I also still need to get the remaining emeralds with Sonic to unlock Super Sonic.

Time Twisted is a really nice game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, Sonic Time Twisted was awesome, love the level design, reminds me of Sonic 3. Viridian Valley is beautiful, Frigid Fortress future music is catchy as hell, the Special Stages were really fun.

Notes for possible versions of Sonic Time Twisted:

-Make cutscenes as in game sprites

-Add new sprites to Tails and Knuckles

- Fix that Past signpost placement from Tidal Tubes

Spoiler

And is just a complaint of mine that you don't need to listen is that I thought the final boss death was messed up, kinda jarring.

I'm currently playing through it now and overall, it's quite well done. It's not perfect and others have already given critique where needed, but I think the biggest strength is the physics. The level designs and music are pretty good. I personally love the time travel concept making a return and its executed quite well in this game.