Awoo.

[ARTWORK] Cheawn's Crummy Creations

Cheawn

Alright, there's a new artist on the block, and that would be me. This thread is where my art (which will mostly be fan art) will be placed.

Fair warning, I'm a terrible artist (hence the name of the thread) so don't expect anything amazing. I draw on paper (and only paper, digital art makes my normal art even worse) and exclusively with crayons. (it's all I have at the moment, even though they're not very good) I will also note that my color scheming is not going to be good ether, partially because my scanner messes with colors a bit, partially because I stink at imagining a finished piece of art, and partially because of all the erased lines on every piece of art I make as I attempt to get the proportions just right. (and still fail miserably) 

Speaking of this, if anyone has any suggestions for improvements feel free to post them! I'll keep it in mind next time I draw. (Editing physical art is really hard.)

As you have likely already noticed, everything here has very simple designs. That's because unlike more complex people and objects like humans, mucking up some of the proportions and shapes of these characters and items won't ruin the entire piece on the spot. (which I am prone to doing) So don't expect anything particularly complex from me.

With that introduction and disclaimer finished, let's get to the art! Descriptions for each piece are spoiler tagged in case someone just wants to scroll through all of my art in one go. 

luoIL0I.jpg

Spoiler

This is Kirby, the titular character of the Kirby franchise. He's one of my favorite characters, from one of my favorite franchises, so of course he's here! He protects the undefined area that is Dream Land using his numerous abilities, including copying even more abilities from the foes he faces by eating them. You'll be seeing a lot of him as this thread goes on. 

ACyxExZ.jpg

Spoiler

Introducing the Blues, a trio of mischievous almost identical birds from the Angry Birds franchise. Again, one (three?) of my favorite characters, from one of my favorite franchises, so of course they're here! They help protect the last three Angry Birds eggs from the armies of Bad Piggies trying to steal and eat them, while having fun at the same time!

eR3nOwH.jpg

Spoiler

When the Blues find a broken seesaw that they still want to use, what would they do? Take turns being under it to act as the fulcrum while the other two ride the seesaw! It's pretty lonely down there though....

EDITlBw.jpg

Spoiler

I tried to draw the Blues' skateboard from the Angry Birds Toons episode True Blue? Needless to say, it didn't work out so well so I abandoned it. Here's the actual skateboard for reference.

latest?cb=20160610074010

Yep, I did a pretty bad job. 

qvzi4l5.jpg

Spoiler

This is the Tornado Rod from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. It's the only Legend of Zelda game I ever played, but it was all kinds of fun! The Tornado Rod was my favorite item in the game, mainly because it had three uses in one item! Once activated, it would lift Link into the air for a short period of time, allowing him to reach higher areas and dodge attacks. It also creates a whirlwind around Link, which would stun enemies for a while. This gives ample opportunity to wipe out hordes of enemies with my second favorite weapon, the Fire Rod!

f4qwfdM.jpg

Spoiler

This is a Clone from Badland that I quickly sketched. I don't really know what else to say about these guys. They're pretty bland. Each Clone is very fragile and dies at the slightest touch of a hazard, but they can also fly and of course clone themselves to help them survive in their hostile environment.

• Thumbs Up 6