Awoo.

General discussion on sonic cartoon production

dämmerung_rabbit

Ouch...what a mouthful of a title...but I think this would be a interesting topic!

All right, not sure if anyone except me cares for this stuff, but the production of the sonic cartoons is pretty intriguing.

A theory I have heard tossed around often was regarding the sonic ova, of which I made a topic a few days ago discussing the long-lost cels of the sonic ova. This particular theory is regarding the fact that the OVA was a supposed 'pilot' to a sonic anime, and I often hear a theory that the ova ultimately became sonic x, so most if not all its assets were passed on to the production company who created sonic x. Not only that, but I recommend watching the sonic x pilots, as they are drastically different to the final product.

SatAM had very interesting production as well, not only were there two very different alternative openings and endings, (both of which are lost) and its character designs were borderline unrecognizable (particularly with Sally Acorn, who in very early production, was actually a human). 

And lets not even get started with Sonic Boom! That's an entirely different beast!

So if anyone is interested or knows more about the production of the Sonic cartoons, please discuss it with me, I am very interested in the production of the sonic cartoons, and if you like the shows, then I recommend looking into the production and concept art of them its very interesting.

So...yeah, anyone else wanna add to this?

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no way the Sonic OVA became Sonic X. That thing was made in 1996, and was still released in the US before the turn of the millennium. Not just that, but they represent two entirely different eras, and Sonic X likely wasn't a thing until the modern era had been solidified. It was a 2-episode OVA in Japan as opposed to a movie (hence why it's called the OVA), so the idea of it being an anime pilot isn't too far-fetched.

• Thumbs Up 3