Awoo.

Sonic Forces- Classic GHZ Gameplay

Tracker_TD

I honestly think Sonic 4 had better music than this. This music didn't really fit. I honestly thought the music in Indigo's status update was a joke made by a fan.

The graphics look better than what we saw last, but I still far prefer Generations. The grass billowing in the wind is nice, though.

The level design doesn't look great.

And why are they uploading this in 720p??

24 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Where in fresh hades is this

What's this muffled "boooooofffff" cockamimey this is ridic

And they're still using the CD jump sound :-/

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:
Classic Sonic is hold right to win.

You fool.

73amEHP.jpg

Anyways. I wonder what the guy meant when he said it wasn't GHZ. Since, well, it's literally called GHZ. Maybe he meant something about the weird sand and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks much better than Generations.

*The scenario is simpler, but beautiful. I really liked it because in Generations had much information and details in some places,  very confused sometimes.
*Its not the best music in the video games'world, but its kinda fun and energetic.
*The movement is smoothier and the physics fells right.

Come on guys, more love with our old buddy. Sonic Team is doing their best :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

Hold right to win, hold left sometimes to get 15 rings

I was just messing around. After watching the trailer again, it looks very hold right to win.

I mean, maybe there's more to it and they were just going fast so they didn't show off everything in one video (we didn't see all the Red Rings, for example, and there were a couple other paths), but so far... Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure where folks are getting the "more fluid than Generations" stuff from; Classic appears to actually lose momentum after doing just about anything in this. Most notable when hitting enemies and due to the hilarious amount of springs dotted about. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't see nothing too terrible with the level design. Is probably a "tutorial" stage.

However please tell me that this music is a placeholder.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now only I noticed that they didn't mention the zone name in the video. What is this, Green Hillopolis Zone?

Well, I re-watched the video, and you can see the level has different routes to go and explore, the player simply took the quickest. However, none of these other routes are to reach using momentum, rolling skills and PHYSICS, which isn't as rewarding or FUN like the classics and like Mania... But they EXIST, so yeah.

There's just too much automation in there, I especially dislike the ending segment with the falling bridge. What if I want to go back and get more itens, rings? This ain't Uncharted, the classic gameplay don't need SCRIPTED SEQUENCES to be cool.

There you have it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well we've seen a full stage, and I'm still not entirely wowed or impressed personally. Can't wait to see people go "it's just the first stage, that's not enough"

but seriously tho, looks slightly more interesting than the direct made it look, but still that's not saying much when the direct one looked boring and bland as fuck

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Now only I noticed that they didn't mention the zone name in the video. What is this, Green Hillopolis Zone?

I'm just calling it Unknown Hill Zone

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I don’t think the music is so bad. Not the best, but definitely still better than Sonic 4, which is what it seems to be being compared to. I do like how upbeat it is.

With that being said, yeah, I don’t know. This did absolutely nothing to “wow” me at all. Even as someone who loves the crap out of Generations, it’s hard to feel excited for this. I guess I’ll wait to see what they have to show off at E3.

5 minutes ago, HedgehogBR said:

Come on guys, more love with our old buddy. Sonic Team is doing their best :)

JK =P

1 minute ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

The video is literally called "Green Hill Zone Gameplay".

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Drunk Michael Myers said:

The funny thing is that's not the most unfitting track Sega could put to a Green Hill level

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Eh, just goofing around really. This thread is gonna have a lot of sour grapes growing for a while again.

As long as I get wine out of it

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

The funny thing is that's not the most unfitting track Sega could put to a Green Hill level

God, how awfull the Sonic Rivals soundtracks where.

Looks alright to me. Not outstanding, but alright. Visuals definitely have a bit more detail to them now compared to the Direct footage we got earlier- notably the wooden boards behind the way-too-long Chopper bridge, which seemingly was about where I expected it to be in the level.

Also spotted a number of alternate paths, both above and below the route shown, so that's a plus.

Now, I'll be honest here, I've never much cared for Classic Sonic's gameplay. Like, ever. Even the Classic series itself. With that said though, movement does seem rather stiff. Bouncing off the enemies (especially with that hilarious sound effect) in particular.

And speaking of sound, wow, that music is sharp. Like, way too sharp. The tune itself is very Runners-y, but ouch, that hurts to listen to. Bit of a shame, because it's otherwise not a bad track. Maybe a touch on the fast side, but still, not bad. Green Hill's never really been about rushing, but more about the pleasantness of the start of an adventure, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay, yeah, going back and watching the video, that definitely seems like placeholder music. The timing of when the video starts and the music starts just seems way too off to me.

Edit: Also, is anyone else hearing the "spin boost" sound from SLW occasionally in the video?
  • Thumbs Up 3

People are comparing the music to Sonic 4 but honestly the first thing that came to mind for me was the music from that Lego game

• Thumbs Up 2

Wasn't the "not green hill" thing sorted out already? It was confirmed that it's a line spoken by someone in the game, the producer didn't actually mean that it's not green hill.

Also

So... was the Direct footage an early build....or the switch version? lol

• Thumbs Up 7