Tracker_TD

Sonic Forces- Classic GHZ Gameplay

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Footage of the entirety of Classic Sonic's GHZ stage.

That looks way better than what the trailer showed. I dig the music too, very cute.

I think I actually prefer the simpler style now that there's a much better look at it.

Also, the spin dash is not as ridiculously overpowered as it was in Generations. +10 points for that.

11 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Footage of the entirety of Classic Sonic's GHZ stage.

Sonic forc.. ..generations 2. But serious that music. I pray it gets better.

Now if only they trickle out info. As I said show me your confident in what your selling me

Two things that turn me off with that playthrough is that HUGE speed boost sonic gets from the booster is not kept at all. You really can't defend it either because he's on the ground the entire time, gets the boost, then slows down immediately to normal speed cap.

The other thing is that after springs he falls faster than usual but I could get used to that.

I'm really not feeling it. Music sounds kind of generic and the level design isn't exactly wowing me either. Plus, of course, the visual downgrade.

I'll probably only get this game for the Modern Sonic gameplay if I'm going to be honest. At least that part of the game's living up to my expectations so far.

Gotta be honest, I really liked the music for the cutes-y, upbeat tune it's trying to be!

The level's looking a bit linear by classic standards although it does seem to open up a bit more in the second half.

While we know the detail's been simplified a bit, I can definitely see the improvement in lighting diversity depending on where Sonic is. It definitely feels more dynamic than Generations.

Speaking of Generations, I expected it but yeah, the signpost is a 1:1 rip with animation and all. I mean there's not much you can do with it so fair enough but a new pose for the Sonic side would've been nice.

Looks waaaaay better. Do we know if footage we seen from the Nintendo Direct IS from the Switch version? Because if yes, that was either REALLY old, or the Switch version will run on low... O.o

The music is... Okayish. Not terrible, but it suilts a invincibility theme more than a regular level music, it's very cheerful.

Classic Sonic feels way off to control, even more so than in Gens.

IDK, this game, man. IDK.

Looks alright, not great, but not completely terrible. Seems like you're not really getting much momentum off destroying a badnik, but maybe that's something to do with who was playing it. The dash panels seem unnecessary though. If this is the direction we're going in, I'd rather just fire up one of the genesis games instead. 

The music is forgettable really.

That... didn't do anything to quell my fears. I dunno. It looks decent, but I guess decent by most standards is pretty excellent for this studio. 

But it's early and I cant comment on the quality of the whole game. Music sounded upbeat but all over the place. I don't want to be too negative or anything but yeah. Classic Sonic is underwhelming in light of Mania.