Awoo.

Sonic Forces Screenshot and Concept Art thread

The Deleter

12 hours ago, Frameratesparkle said:

ss+(2017-08-25+at+11.21.36).jpg

This room looks very familiar to me for some reason and I can't figure out why...

Not sure how I feel about Classic Sonic looking angry ? His art style here is great but he feels a wee bit out of place.

The Drill guy has the best design of the CaCs so far.

7 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Not sure how I feel about Classic Sonic looking angry ? His art style here is great but he feels a wee bit out of place.

The Drill guy has the best design of the CaCs so far.

I love the Pink Cat girl too

On 8/25/2017 at 0:24 PM, Frameratesparkle said:

i know its too early but i think this game is gonna have hub worlds 

ss+(2017-08-25+at+11.21.36).jpg

AH~! How'd I not see this before! A story and character nut like me went 5 days without seeing this?!

I get all sweaty just seeing characters together, in a setting, possibly talking about plot stuff. Even better when Sonic's not there cause it might mean that they're more going on outside of just his perspective~!

Yeah, it's the story stuff that I really don't want them to drop the ball on. I wanted toys of these guys as a kid so bad that I pretended my Pokemon toys were them. I forced myself to learn to draw so I could draw them on new adventures.

Just looking at this picture is making my creative juices flow. I need to write a novel now~!

CHARMY~!
MY CHILDHOOD SPIRIT, CHARMY BEE~! YAAAAAY~!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

Really don't want to dampen your excitement, but this might not be a cutscene but a hub world where the cast fangirls over your Original Do not-ColdSteal-Character and hand out missions a la a White-Space scenario where the Chaotix do not give a sh*t if you've rescued their team mates yet and the only characters interacting off-screen were ..Rouge and Vector.. : P

So you probably rally up the resistance over the course of the game. The main four, Silver and the Chaotix are there at the beginning, with Rouge, Omega, Cream, Blaze and probably even Sticks joining after clearing later stages. So you get to hear about them battling all those Eggman robots, fighting at the Chemical Plant and other amazing stunts via in-game dialogue and then see them in person...standing around in the hub...Well, it's better than Generations, I guess.

17 hours ago, LukA8 said:

Really don't want to dampen your excitement, but this might not be a cutscene but a hub world where the cast fangirls over your Original Do not-ColdSteal-Character and hand out missions a la a White-Space scenario where the Chaotix do not give a sh*t if you've rescued their team mates yet and the only characters interacting off-screen were ..Rouge and Vector.. : P

So you probably rally up the resistance over the course of the game. The main four, Silver and the Chaotix are there at the beginning, with Rouge, Omega, Cream, Blaze and probably even Sticks joining after clearing later stages. So you get to hear about them battling all those Eggman robots, fighting at the Chemical Plant and other amazing stunts via in-game dialogue and then see them in person...standing around in the hub...Well, it's better than Generations, I guess.

I want it to be a hub world though. The rest of what you said, I can't really infer so my excitement hasn't been dampened a bit.

My problem with the white-space hub nonsense wasn't that it was a hub. It was the fact that that's all they were doing. Just standing in that one spot, against an empty white void that had no real interesting context. Just the idea of this being a resistance HQ makes it so much better for me in that regard. I can wrap a narrative idea around that. And seeing as how they're actually out in the field doing things, the idea that returning there and actually seeing something different or hearing something different makes it more plausible.

The fact that not everyone is there in that picture makes that more possible. The idea that some people are there at certain times and some are not based on what they're doing in the story at the moment is even more cool.

And I don't think it's a case of rallying up the resistance over the course of the game due to the fact that having 8 of them already around at the start seems rather unorthodox, even for them. 

But even then, it's whatever. I'm cool with hearing them off doing things in the stages and getting to interact with them in a 3-Dimensional hub. That's exactly what I was envisioning when I saw the picture. Not a cutscene. 

It's not perfect but fuck it, I'll take it. 

If that is what this is. It might actually be a cutscene and I won't get to see different people at the HQ at different times with different things to say to them throughout the game. That would actually disappoint me a bit. 

In Generations, they would get a cutscene and then they would say one or two different things about gameplay mechanics and... stand there...

• Thumbs Up 4

Some new scans. Interestingly, Infinite's color-scheme looks different here.

Edit: Looks like there was already a topic made about this.

Here's a version that doesn't make you watch a youtube video.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Civil War is shaping up to be- what the fuck is going on with Infinite's hair. It looks like it all comes out of the top of the back of his head, and none of it is down the back. It's like the scraggliest top-knot ever, except it's not even knotted.

unfunute.thumb.png.b4321e891c82fb623302456d8dc681bc.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

46 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Here's a version that doesn't make you watch a youtube video.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Civil War is shaping up to be- what the fuck is going on with Infinite's hair. It looks like it all comes out of the top of the back of his head, and none of it is down the back. It's like the scraggliest top-knot ever, except it's not even knotted.

unfunute.thumb.png.b4321e891c82fb623302456d8dc681bc.png

Now those are drawing skills!

1 hour ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I guess he must've cut the back bit off with the sharpest of blades :V

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more impressed by the model and detail of the palm tree to the right, but eh, my stylistic preference for cartoony-but-detailed prevails I guess. *shrug*

Also I know I said I'd update the OP with the official screenshots of the game you guys, but... they're all Avatar screenshots so far...

And they don't fit with typical Sonic screenshots at all :U

That Green Hill shot is one of the cleanest looking shots we've got so far with them, and it still has a Shadow-decked OC muddying it up with it's front-and-center focus. Combined with the often low-res robot parts and explosions accompanying them, the OCs just seem way too unfitting for what should be official Sonic Game eye candy shots, imo...

• Thumbs Up 1

As a screenshot, it's good for illuminating some of the recurrent complaints about the Avatar's build.  The bean-shaped torso lacks the smooth definition of Modern Sonic and Shadow's shapes - and what's with the stick-figure arms?

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

DJ9ZjCYXoAMsnEk.jpg

Found this on Twitter.

This only further shows how weird the custom characters' proportions are. Why are his arms so skinny compared to his legs? What's with his tiny body? Maybe the character editor lets you pick proportion size and they just went with the weirdest ones?