Awoo.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions Announced For 3DS (October)

Zippo

5 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Okay, if there was a picture of the hype train coming to a screeching halt, I'd be using it.

I'm scared.

Of what?

18 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Of what?

"+ Bowser's Minions" suggests that the game's story is being rewritten to "Bowser kidnapped Peach and now Mario and Green 'Stache have to save her again, but this time they’re in the Beanbean Kingdom". As in, Superstar Saga + Miyamoto's Incompetence.

Even if the characters and plot are kept in-tact as they should it still suggests that the story is being rewritten in some fashion. Which, no matter which way you see it, is a problem.

Could just be an extra mode with them at the forefront, but that still makes little sense with Superstar Saga of all things. 

39 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

"+ Bowser's Minions" suggests that the game's story is being rewritten to "Bowser kidnapped Peach and now Mario and Green 'Stache have to save her again, but this time they’re in the Beanbean Kingdom". As in, Superstar Saga + Miyamoto's Incompetence.

Even if the characters and plot are kept in-tact as they should it still suggests that the story is being rewritten in some fashion. Which, no matter which way you see it, is a problem.

No, it implies something additional with them.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, it will probably be similar to those bundles for the recent Kirby games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the way the icon's split just suggests it's a bonus minigame of something to me, not "Oh god the evil Miyamoto is rewriting everything it's gonna suck"

Like, dang. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Even the 3DS icon appears to imply that the Bowser's Minions part is completely separate.  Bonus mode, perhaps?  An original sidestory at most?  I'm lost trying to think of what significant extra you could come up with that would need repackaging with the main game.

17 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Yeah, the way the icon's split just suggests it's a bonus minigame of something to me, not "Oh god the evil Miyamoto is rewriting everything it's gonna suck"

Like, dang. 

Yeah I get why people are being pessimistic because of how Miyamoto's direction made things streamline including Paper Mario and this series stale/lose it's appeal but hot damn that's being overdramatic. 

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Yeah I get why people are being pessimistic because of how Miyamoto's direction made things streamline including Paper Mario and this series stale/lose it's appeal but hot damn that's being overdramatic. 

Not to mention the fact he hasn't really done anything to harm the Mario and Luigi series story wise either. 

I mean sheesh, I get the backlash for Sticker Star, but he's never really done stuff to that degree for quite some time. 

It's almost like, that's not his gimmick anymore!

What if it is a bonus mode where you play through the world of superstar saga as Bowser's minions recruiting new ones trying to find out where bowser is 

• Thumbs Up 1

Recall that the Game Boy Advance release of Super Mario World came with the Mario Bros. arcade game as a bonus.  I'm presuming the Bowser's Minions thing is something similar and we have no reason to assume the title refers to any change in the narrative.  In fact, in addition to the thumbnail highly suggesting it, the fact that it's explicitly titled " + Bowser's Minions" implies that it's a separate entity. 

I can understand being skeptical about a remake, but coming to the conclusion that the story will be rewritten to any degree, let alone as severely as removing vital plot elements like Cackletta, seems to be jumping the gun a bit, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 6

Considering the way the Goomba in the icon is toting a flag, I am now of the opinion that it's probably a sort of fairly developed minigame.  I actually think it might be like Blast Ball or the Kirby: Planet Robobot minigames they expanded into full eShop titles, and that Bowser's Minions is fundamentally a separate game which you'll even be able to buy separately on the eShop.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Madame Broque minigames come to mind. 

Remember that Superstar Saga did have those types of minigames as well - Border Jump, the arcade machine Will they get Geno again?that damn barrel game, etc. Bowser's Minions could be cut from the same cloth - special minigames sanctioned off that could be used for Hoo Bean grinding if you want it.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tara said:

Recall that the Game Boy Advance release of Super Mario World came with the Mario Bros. arcade game as a bonus.  I'm presuming the Bowser's Minions thing is something similar and we have no reason to assume the title refers to any change in the narrative.  In fact, in addition to the thumbnail highly suggesting it, the fact that it's explicitly titled " + Bowser's Minions" implies that it's a separate entity. 

Actually, even the original Superstar Saga had that mode (as did all the other GBA remakes). I can see them removing that and replacing it with a more relevant minigame mode (probably something like the Bowser's Inside Story minigames which used the touchscreen?).

Don't really know what to make of this, honestly, I can't see them going out of their way to change the narrative either, won't that just drive away a large portion of people who would potentially buy this?

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Not to mention the fact he hasn't really done anything to harm the Mario and Luigi series story wise either. 

I mean sheesh, I get the backlash for Sticker Star, but he's never really done stuff to that degree for quite some time. 

It's almost like, that's not his gimmick anymore!

That we know of. It just seemed weird how the franchise up until Odyssey has been playing it safe for the last few years so who knows. 

Given how an icon is already on the Eshop, that most likely means that the game is close to completion. The question is, now that it's leaked, will they wait until E3 to announce it or just go ahead and make it's existence official now?

I imagine they'll just stay the course and announce it when they're ready to. I can't recall instances of game data leaking and the official company just coming out and acknowledging it off their intended schedule.

We'll likely be seeing the game early Summer, right on time for that New 2DS.

Still, it does feel a little suspicious that information on this game popped up shortly before evidence of an upcoming Nintendo Direct.  I agree that they'll announce it when they intended to announce it, but what if that was always meant to be soon?  Chuck it in with Stars and call it the Remake Direct...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

EVERYTHING LOOKS SO FREAKING PRETTY.

NEW SIDE MODE WITH NEW FAWFUL DIALOGUE, TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

AND IT'S COMING OUT THIS YEAR (OCTOBER 6TH), I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

• Thumbs Up 7

Kinda eh about it. Doesn't look like they've screwed anything up, but I'm having a hard time thinking it is any better. Still seems unnecessary from what they've shown.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was watching the Bowser's Minions demo, and I noticed something that might fill in a plot hole from the original Superstar Saga:

Iggy appeared as a boss, and he had this eerie shading and creepy glowing eyes, as if something was seriously wrong with him.The player said that Fawful and the Koopalings would be antagonists throughout this story, so I think Fawful brainwashed all seven of them into serving him! (There was a cutscene where he was by an unconscious Bowser, saying he was gonna make the Koopa King work for him "until his bones are dust! And the dust has mold!")

This explains why they blindly served Bowletta, despite her/him/it clearly looking different from their boss! They weren't acting of their own free will! On a side note, this footage confirms the Koopalings will be retconned into having their modern designs, and if the Minions game was any indication, they'll actually speak this time!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2017-5-1 at 2:05 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

What if it is a bonus mode where you play through the world of superstar saga as Bowser's minions recruiting new ones trying to find out where bowser is 

I can't believe this turned out true. 

Also...

I CANT BELIEVE THIS GAME LOOKS SO GOOD I CANT WAIT

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah,  I know, I called it XD

• Thumbs Up 1

A nice little touch I noticed, it looks like you'll be recruiting Sergeant Guy, Private Goomp, and Corporal Paraplonk from Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team into your army.

They're just bringing the whole dang Mario & Luigi series together in this one, aren't they?

• Thumbs Up 1