Awoo.

Darksiders III (PS4, XBox One, PC) "Let the Fury of rejoice flow for the sequel!"

Teoskaven

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/darksiders-iii-reveal-leaked-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, after years of demand, hopes and tears, the franchise that was considered dead after two games and a story that was hanging from a cliffhanger is now about to return, and we know this thanks to leaks that show descriptions, concept arts and actual in-game screenshots.
This time around, the Knight of Apocalypse that we will control will be Fury, wich uses a mix of magic and her trusty whip.

The publisher is now of course Nordic Games (now THQ Nordic, having aquired the trademark of the defunct company and wore it like the skin of an animal) and the developers will be Gunfire Games (due do the disbandment of previous developer Vigil Studio), but from what we can see the style seems to be consistant with the previous two games.

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_004.jpgDarksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_003.jpg

The game is listed to be released next year, 2018 for the major gaming system minus the Switch.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to fix the Apocalypse for a third time?

• Thumbs Up 2

From what we've seen Nordic are heavy Nintendo supporters if they brought the first two games to the wiiu of all things, this is very likely coming to switch but we also know Nintendo is making all major third-party publishers keep their lips sealed until they want to direct the message like how we haven't heard anything about Steep or Dragonball. Likely possibility is they're planning a full trilogy release or a dual release of the first two games on switch along with a announcement of the third game since the series isnt on switch itself yet unlike the other platforms 

Take in mind, that Nordic didn't officially announce this. This is a leak if I've ever seen one. 

But god damn I love Darksiders. Played both originals, both remasters, got the book, the comic book is on the way. I fucking love this, these news are amazing. 

Would've liked Strife first and then Fury, but the best for last I presume. Love me some Strife. 

So wait, this takes place before War's quest in the first game? Didn't War literally woke up in chains in front of the charred council and then got sent to Earth immediately after?

26 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

So wait, this takes place before War's quest in the first game? Didn't War literally woke up in chains in front of the charred council and then got sent to Earth immediately after?

It takes place during the events of the first game, evidently.

What I want to know is why they keep on setting all of the games during the events of the first game. Seriously, couldn't they try to set one AFTER the first game? After all, just because War did his thing in the first game doesn't mean things still aren't hell on Earth (pun intended), and the story could still advance that way.

2 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

What I want to know is why they keep on setting all of the games during the events of the first game. Seriously, couldn't they try to set one AFTER the first game? After all, just because War did his thing in the first game doesn't mean things still aren't hell on Earth (pun intended), and the story could still advance that way.

The general theory is they're saving that for fifth game where you get to play as all four Horsemen