Awoo.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) (August 29th)

Zippo

Mario-Rabbids-Kingdom-Battle_05-23-17_00

One of the most batshit, profundly incredible rumors I have ever seen. I still don't know how i feel about this, even after 6 months. 

This was first rumored by French site, Gameblog, and then was backed up by Laura Dale, Gamexplain, Eurogamer, Emily Rogers, Roger DiLuigi, among others. 

"The game will apparently have eight playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and, bizarrely, four Rabbids dressed up as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach."

There are many crossovers that I want to happen.

Mario and Sonic in an actual platformer.

Pokemon and Digimon.

Dragon Ball and Keijo!!!!!!

This .... Is not one of them.:angry:

Nintendo: Now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Nintendo: We've saved the best for last!

Nintendo: Put your hands together for The Incomparable Mario and Rabbids RPG crossover! 

SSMB: WHAT THE?!

latest?cb=20130603103946

Nintendo: What do you mean this isn't the crossover you wanted?!. 

But seriously, what the actual fuck. Of all the franchises that could cross over...why these two franchises with widely different gameplay, characters, story, worlds and pretty much nothing in common.

• Thumbs Up 8

Nintendo just really desperate to work with Ubisoft on the Switch they'll bend over backwards.

Peach is playable so I'm contractually obligated to speculate that this will be good, actually.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Celestia said:

Peach is playable so I'm contractually obligated to speculate that this will be good, actually.

At least that means she won't be kidnapped.

As for the crossover itself: As much as I despise the little buggers- not just for being obnoxious and starting a trend that the Minions only made worse, but for essentially stealing Rayman's franchise for years- I'll have to see how this game plays. If it's genuinely fun, then I won't really mind the Rabbids' involvement. I just hope we don't have to hear "DAAAAAAHHHH!" every time they make a move.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't see how this turns out bad with Nintendo at the helm

Plus it's something different for Mario which a lot of ya have been asking for. We'll see how it is

31 minutes ago, Vulpix of the Everstone said:

There are many crossovers that I want to happen.

Dragon Ball and Keijo!!!!!!

The fuck????

You know, that is so ridiculous a crossover that I actually want to see it happen.

Oh, Mario and Rabbids...the fuck???

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I don't see how this turns out bad with Nintendo at the helm

Ubisoft is making it.

...Honestly the only thing I hate about this is that the 4 other playable are generic Rabbids wearing mere costumes instead of other actual Mario characters.

As for the game and idea? Eh, I think it'll be fun for the most part as unexpected as it was.

4 minutes ago, Vulpix of the Everstone said:

Ubisoft is making it.

Can't wait for the bullshots and downgraded graphics after E3! 

• Thumbs Up 7

Why are people instantly assuming it's real just because Kotaku said so? The leaks that first revealed this game were all from shaky sources, and many aspects of those leaks were proven false. I highly doubt that this is actually real.

12 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Why are people instantly assuming it's real just because Kotaku said so? The leaks that first revealed this game were all from shaky sources, and many aspects of those leaks were proven false. I highly doubt that this is actually real.

Say what you will about Kotaku, but Jason Shcreier and Gamexplain's Andre Segers are two longtime, well respected game journalists. As a long time reader of theirs, they've gained the trust and respect of many in the industry, and they do not make up random bullshit. You can doubt the rumor all you want, but their long-standing reliablity is not up for debate. 

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

...Honestly the only thing I hate about this is that the 4 other playable are generic Rabbids wearing mere costumes instead of other actual Mario characters.

As for the game and idea? Eh, I think it'll be fun for the most part as unexpected as it was.

Agreed I just wish they went with the Mario universe backlog or even just Bowser and donkey Kong instead of the Rabbids, however it is completely possible these are just the starting characters and there's additional unlockable characters. Which is entirely possible 

• Thumbs Up 1

When I first heard about this rumor I absolutely hated it because 1. As @Forte-Metallix explained the Rabbids were the reason for Rayman's downfall 2. I thought it was going to be a mini game collection and I'm so sick of those. But when I heard that it was an RPG in the style of Fire Emblem it actually peaked my interest and all the bizarre info that Emily Rodgers and Laura Kate Dale dropped just actually made me excited because this is so what the fuck that it could actually work. And the fact that Peach has a gun is just hilarious.

1 hour ago, Azoo said:

In a world where the Mario/Sonic platformer crossover nor Rayman 4 will ever exist..

NOW YOU KNOW MY PAIN! 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Solly said:

So basically 4 characters nobody is going to pick.

At least until you find out they're mandatory for something or other.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Celestia said:

At least until you find out they're mandatory for something or other.

STOP MAKING PLAUSIBLE ASSUMPTIONS

• Thumbs Up 8

Sure why not, I'll give it a shot if it looks fun.

No opinion on Rabbids really. Not much of a Rayman guy so I don't have the vendetta against 'em a lot of folks do (which if you are a Rayman fan seems quite reasonable, not knocking anyone for that). But Mario doing really weird shit is something I'll always be able to get behind so let's see what happens as we get down the rabbid hole.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But seriously, what the actual fuck. Of all the franchises that could cross over...why these two franchises with widely different gameplay, characters, story, worlds and pretty much nothing in common.

ummm you know what else has nothing in common and had a crossover?

2570867-603392962_1365921782.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

You know what would be hilarious if part of the story was the rabbids making Waluigi their king 

• Thumbs Up 5