Awoo.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) (August 29th)

Zippo

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

To be honest I am totally game for seeing the somewhat sterilised Mario characters get that wacky french cartoon humour injected into them, be it through the direct intervention of the developers or through their natural reaction to the Rabbids, so I'm kind of optimistic about this.  I just hope the RPG gameplay is more Paper Mario than Mario & Luigi.

Seriously I know I say something to this effect every time Rabbids come up but Rabbids Go Home on Wii was a fantastic game and if you skipped it because Rabbids you've done yourself a disservice.

It's been reported that the gameplay is more in lines of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. So it's a Strategy RPG

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

It's been reported that the gameplay is more in lines of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. So it's a Strategy RPG

That... is really weird.  Does put me off a bit to be honest because while I enjoyed Fire Emblem Awakening ENOUGH, that was for the storyline rather than the gameplay, so even if this game is very kid-friendly in terms of complexity I'm not sure if it'd have the broader appeal of an overall adventure/narrative experience to keep me interested.

The one critique I'd have for both Rayman Origins/Legends and Rabbids Go Home alike is despite them being very humourous games, they do only have like 5-10 "funny scenes" that just get repeated throughout the game despite being very entertaining the first time.  So I kinda fear the same might happen here at this point.

7 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I was more open to this game before reading this.

Eh. I suppose I'll wait until I see gameplay or whatever. I'm only saying this since I can't really get into tactical RPGs other than FE like I used to.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

To this day I still can't get behind the idea of Kingdom Hearts. It's just so wrong. 

This hurt. We can no longer be friends Blue.:<

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

You know what would be hilarious if part of the story was the rabbids making Waluigi their king 

the sounds a rabbid makes are one letter away from the sounds walugi makes

WAH

BWAH

IT'S A CONSPIRACY 

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

Rabbids Go Home on Wii was a fantastic game and if you skipped it because Rabbids you've done yourself a disservice.

i still need to check that game out. however by the next time i go to gamestop my 3DS will be fixed so i'll probably get 3DS/DS games instead of wii/wii u games

4 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Hope this isn't true, not really into either of those games and i'd kinda like something more along the lines of the paper mario games (maybe) with the RTS elements, but if not that then something else entirely.

If it's more "board game" RPG mechanics like Fire Emblem, due to the engine also being used in South Park, I feel like they're probably going to use the style of gameplay found in the latest game.

Good example of a battle like that starts at 10:47 in this vid

11 hours ago, KHCast said:

This hurt. We can no longer be friends Blue.:<

You thought we were friends?

9 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Hope this isn't true, not really into either of those games and i'd kinda like something more along the lines of the paper mario games (maybe) with the RTS elements, but if not that then something else entirely.

Technically the few times I've heard the gameplay style referenced they used X COM as an example for gameplay style 

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this just may be real after all DAhtymsWsAE17C0?format=jpg this is been found over at neogaf

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess it's what you'd expect from a Mario and Rabbids crossover, but for some reason, I was imagining it with higher contrast and a lot of purples.

We're in for a treat, i can already tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shouldnt this thread now have NSFW in it's title? NSFL since its... horrible.

Honestly looks like it could be really fun to me it is not a hoax that doesn't seem likely now. I'd play it. Curious to see a trailer though although I am hoping this is the eight core characters that'll be on the demo floor and then they have additional unlockable characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There's something about the way Mario looks in that art that I really like. Yoshi with the bazooka is cool, too.

Luigi Rabbid is dressed like the Chipmunks. xD

iPiGYCI.png

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Fully confirmed now

Full art;

oxp12ahx-998474.jpg

So Mario's packing a Banzai Bill gun, Yoshi's is a banana (I guess 'cause he loves fruit?), Luigi's got a Poltergust-themed weapon, Yoshi!Rabbid has a gun with Bowser Jr.'s mask mouth on it, and Luigi!Rabbid is packing an Arms-themed weapon. 

Maybe there are multiple weapons each character can use?

2 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

So Mario's packing a Banzai Bill gun, Yoshi's is a banana (I guess 'cause he loves fruit?), Luigi's got a Poltergust-themed weapon, Yoshi!Rabbid has a gun with Bowser Jr.'s mask mouth on it, and Luigi!Rabbid is packing an Arms-themed weapon. 

Maybe there are multiple weapons each character can use?

I'd bet there probably will be. 

This is weird, but if the gameplay is good, I'm down to clown. 

13 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Fully confirmed now

Full art;

oxp12ahx-998474.jpg

I realized just now that the Peach Rabbid is taking a selfie.
My cringe-o-meter has just broke; Nintendo sure knows how to captivate the young audience.

• Thumbs Up 2