Awoo.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) (August 29th)

Zippo

I like the style of it, it's like a combo of the N64 renders day and the current Mario style with something of it's own and it's super colorful, always a plus!

Also, I don't know why you guys are surprised by "Badass Princess", that's what I always call her, I got grounded so many times for saying that swear when I was a kid when I saw her.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

2.jpg

"Self-defense kick-ass"

:-|

5WaKgao.png

(I'm not sorry.)

• Thumbs Up 4

"Weapons for the 1st time"

Does Super Smash Bros. just not exist to them?

Well that was Nintendo and not Mario. There was Yoshi's Safari, though...

Getting slightly more interested in this though the "not having control of the characters" part kinda worries me, I thought it worked well in something like yokai watch but here I would like something more direct.

4 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Shouldnt this thread now have NSFW in it's title? NSFL since its... horrible.

Fixed. 

2 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Laura has been proven time and time again to not be a reliable source.

1495566181465.jpg

This. Do not believe A WORD she says. 

So is it bad that I'm actually interested in this? Like let's be real the Mario spinoffs have been pretty life less and needed a change of pace this since it's wacky bizarre and over the top and a nice breath of fresh air that the series needed. I've said it before but the fact that this wasn't a Mario and Rayman game where they team up against the Rabbids is a missed opportunity. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So is it bad that I'm actually interested in this? Like let's be real the Mario spinoffs have been pretty life less and needed a change of pace this since it's wacky bizarre and over the top and a nice breath of fresh air that the series needed. I've said it before but the fact that this wasn't a Mario and Rayman game where they team up against the Rabbids is a missed opportunity. 

Not at all. This sounds like the most wacky, off the wall, unique, Mario spin off we've had in a long time. It sounds ridiculous enough to the point that it could actually work. 

20 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Fixed. 

This. Do not believe A WORD she says. 

She made a few mistakes, but I imagine is a lot more discerning when choosing which sources to trust. Since she was right about this game anyway, I think it's fair enough to take her word for the details on this one. Well, as far as you take any leak of course.

If you don't follow her work much, then I guess it makes sense to write her off though *shrug*.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Pawn said:

She made a few mistakes, but I imagine is a lot more discerning when choosing which sources to trust. Since she was right about this game anyway, I think it's fair enough to take her word for the details on this one. Well, as far as you take any leak of course.

If you don't follow her work much, then I guess it makes sense to write her off though *shrug*.

The existence of the game? Yes. Everything else? No. I checked back at her article today are there are many things she got wrong. She flat out implies that Mario, Luigi and Peach would not be playable, Yoshi would be the main focus, and that lesser known characters would be in the party as stand ins. As we can all now plainly see, that isn't the case at all, Mario is the star of the game, front and center. 

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Technically, they're not. :P

Haha, they're playable in battles but not in exploring the areas. 

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

The existence of the game? Yes. Everything else? No. I checked back at her article today are there are many things she got wrong. She flat out implies that Mario, Luigi and Peach would not be playable, and that Yoshi would be the main focus, and that lesser known characters would be in the party as stand ins. 

Should probably mention that a French site called "Gameblog" as "Yoshi/Rabbid", which suggests that was likely the rumor for some time before the rumors about the rest of the Mario cas came along.

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Should probably mention that a French site called "Gameblog" as "Yoshi/Rabbid", which suggests that was likely the rumor for some time before the rumors about the rest of the Mario cas came along.

That is true, her sources could be heavily outdated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is incredibly stupid, but the good kind of stupid. And if it's a good X-COM/S.T.E.A.M.-esque strategy RPG, that's a nice bonus, too.

I've never understood why people put so much faith in a lot of these people with so-called "inside" sources. So many of them get all the specific info wrong, and all the very vague, general info they get right purely on luck, so people continue to put faith in them. It's silly.

Not saying it necessarily applies to this Laura gal or whoever, just in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I don't get is why does everybody pay attention to what they get wrong but never acknowledge the things that they get right? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can understand that mindset for some, but I trust longtime industry vets like Andre Segers, Tom Philips, and Jason Schrier. They have very good track records and have many connections throughout the industry. They don't just randomly make crap up. Their sites and channels have hundreds of thousands of views for a reason, those three individuals have proven themselves to be trust worthy. 

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

One thing I don't get is why does everybody pay attention to what they get wrong but never acknowledge the things that they get right? 

I think it's a case by case situation. It depends on how much a particular source has gotten wrong or right. If the source has gotten more right than wrong, than people are generally more willing to overlook the wrong stuff. 

I am amazed at how many seem to be excited for this and I sit here shaking my head at the creatures that ruined the original Ray.

Ya know the thing I'm super curious about?

The music. Rabbid music and Mario music tend to be way different, because Rabbids have preexisting songs in their games, with lyrics, sung by them, I wonder what this could be like, rumor of Grant Kirkhope aside.

Why doesn't this suck? I was supposed to hate this game, not love it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love how the topic is Not Safe For Life.

Anyway, yeah, I didn't expect this to be actually a thing, but there it is. And it makes me even more sad and angry about how Mario and Sonic crossover potential is wasted on Olympic games...

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is they are trying to make rabbids more popular.  so of course Mario us the selling focus on this. Cause honestly they are some of the styluedesr characters out there help bubsy is better. But all they do is yell and grin

Rayman had his comeback, and the sequel to that comeback is also coming to switch so I don't see a point to that line of complaint