Awoo.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) (August 29th)

Zippo

I know next to nothing about this gamd, not even how it plays. But what I can say is that it looks bloody good. My order has shipped and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

So in the game cutscenes so far, we have;

-Numerous crude jokes.

-Beep-O swearing. Thrice. 

-Bowser Jr's repressed daddy issues.

-Boob gattling guns.

They're definitely not shying on the European flair.

Also actual big story spoiler;

I like the fact that despite Bowser being the final boss, it doesn't feel like he takes over the plot ala Yoshi's New Island. Megabug aka Megadragon remains the big looming threat, and Bowser Jr stays the main villain.

Like, literally all you see of Bowser is him after he's come home from vacation just to be overpowered by Megadragon before he's possessed.

I got “Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle” today, and it’s pretty good so far, but I am noticing one rather annoying flaw in the game. Every once in a while, the game suffers from drastic lags which sometimes last up to 3-5 seconds. Luckily the game is just a turn based rpg, so the lags don’t cause any disruption in gameplay, but it’s still very disrupting to see a modern game get such terrible lags occasionally. 

These aren’t just simple frame delays, the screen freezes for about 3-5 seonds, only to skip a bunch of frames right after. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hope it can get fixed during an update. Dang it Ubisoft, they just can’t ever make sure their games are polished before release, anymore…

What's weird about the game is the sheer lack of Koopa Troops. 

Like, you have a couple of Goombas, a mutated Piranha Plant, Chain Chomps and Boos, but for actual turtle enemies? You get to interact with Bowser Jr, you fight Bowser (but not interact with him as he's busy being possessed), and that's literally it. What, did Bowser take every turtle in his army on the vacation too?

• Chuckle 1

Wow, my brother told me that this game has been described as hard by reviewers, but I dismissed those claims thinking I wouldn't have a problem since I have played many other grid and turn based strategy RPGs before......I should've listened!.....

Just faced off against the second boss and...jeez...

Spoiler

1503992648_805_Mario-Rabbids-Kingdom-Bat

Mario was taken out pretty early by those troublesome Crushers. It's up to Rabbid Peach and Peach now. Poor Rabbid Luigi is chilling in the freezer and can't help, he's literally out cold. Peach was a valuable member of the team, I would've lost ten times over if it wasn't for her jump healing, increased defence and explosive weaponry. Now I can breath a sigh of relief, the monsters health bar is empty...wait...what?? That was just his shield??? Crap!!!

Supporters have shown up!? They. Must. Die!! With both Peaches combined healing and defence increasing, his health is gone for good this ti - Huh?? Still alive? No legs?? Dammit!! We briefly divide and conquer to dispose of any straggling small fries and regroup to this once and for all! Wha? Now what??? The head fell off? Quick! Smash the head! Smash the head!!

Phew, it's finally over. Monster defeated, Mario awake, Rabbid Luigi saved and...were the hell did Spawny go??

So fresh after that victory and having stocked up and new weapons and upgrades, I head to world three and...get instantly slaughtered by a hoard of Ziggies...

Mario-Maker_Game-Over.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Ding Dong, the Donk is here!

(someone please change the title to make a better joke than me:U)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Wabbid Season is returning next month with Donkey Kong Adventure, the sequel Sonic fans didn't know they wanted until now:

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309437-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-gold-edition-hitting-retail-by-th

Ubisoft just released their latest fiscal results, and tucked inside the document is a listing for various products the company plans to release. The schedule lets us know that Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Gold Edition is going to hit retail sometime before the end of June 2018, but no specific date is shown. The same goes for the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC for the game, which will also hit before June 2018 ends.

Here's a trailer for the DK DLC. Includes a new character Rabbid Cranky 

Also a developer interview 

THIS MUSIC AND ATMOSPHERE IS AMAZEBALLS.

• Fist Bump 1

More details from Gamexplain:

Spoiler

The campaign is about 10 hours long, so this is more of a sequel than just a bonus chapter

The story takes place immediately after World 1 of the main game: Rabbid Kong wants revenge on Rabbid Peach specifically, so he hijacks the Rabbids' Time-Washing Machine and ends up on DK Island, where he starts building his own army. He gets steamed every time he sees R. Peach- One cutscene has him pummel her into the ground.

Four worlds: Lagoon Village, a reef, a jungle, and what seems to be a ruins-type environment.

Only DK, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Cranky are playable.

DK is insanely mobile: He can swing on vines and pick up/throw pretty much anything, including enemies, teammates, and elemental boxes. His combat is very close-quarters, with a banana boomerang and his trademark Hand Slap. His "Magnet Groove" lets him play his classic bongos to lure enemies in.

Rabbid Cranky (Best Rabbid EVER!) uses guns like the others, and his cane transforms into whatever gun he's currently using. He also shoots explosive barrels (which he can also do while bouncing off teammates!), and his Long Story ability can make enemies fall asleep.

R. Cranky rides Beep-O like a unicycle in the world map.

Rabbid Peach is mostly the same as before, but her Skill Tree is entirely new. 

Bananas replace Coins, and Runes are the new Skill Orbs. Puzzle Pieces unlock bonus material. (Wonder what that could be referencing...?)

Many classic DK themes, but Kirkhope made all-new arrangements and remixes for this DLC.

There's a mission that makes you destroy Bad Bananas. (Bananas corrupted by the Megabug. They're powering up Rabbid Kong)

Once you buy the DLC, all you have to do to unlock this campaign is beat World 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Come on, (Rabbid) Cranky! Take it to the fridge!

Mario/Rabbids' final DLC launches June 26! DK is finally getting a literal feature-length expansion!

• 3 years later...

So either somebody's about to lose their job, or Nintendo just felt the need to spoil the surprise ahead of Ubisoft's conference, but the cat's outta the bag:

Mario & Rabbids 2 is Real.

hero?v=2021061209

As you can see, new characters include Rabbid Rosalina, presumably Rabbid Bowser and maybe even Bowser himself, ontop of new weapons like Luigi's archery kit. The story is about traversing the galaxy in search and rescue of these Rabbid-Luma fusions called the Sparks, hence the title.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-plus-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-switch/

• Promotion 1

Wow, again this sounds batshit insane, but honestly the last game was pretty good and funny. It was refreshing to see Mario characters like... emote. I might even buy this tbh.

I really liked the original but... I've never made it made it very far into the game. I've played the first world a ton, and been to the desert world twice. Is the ghost world after that? I got there once. Something about the game makes it really difficult to get properly stuck into. I hope this one is different. Although ngl, I think Ubisoft is pretty gross as a company and I'll be steering clear of purchasing their games for some time.

15 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I really liked the original but... I've never made it made it very far into the game. I've played the first world a ton, and been to the desert world twice. Is the ghost world after that? I got there once. Something about the game makes it really difficult to get properly stuck into. I hope this one is different. Although ngl, I think Ubisoft is pretty gross as a company and I'll be steering clear of purchasing their games for some time.

Ubisoft games usually get dirt cheap after a few weeks, especially used, so if you’re curious about this game, I’d give it a month and then look for a used copy 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Ubisoft games usually get dirt cheap after a few weeks, especially used, so if you’re curious about this game, I’d give it a month and then look for a used copy 

That's always an option if I'm interested. But I'm unsure if I'll even get to that point. The original game is weird. I like it, but I don't think I'll ever get into it enough that I want to try the sequel. 

In other news, Grant Kirkhope is doing the soundtrack for this game, just as he did the original. That's bound to make a lot of people happy. Although I've honestly never been a huge fan of his work and found the original's soundtrack to be really, really bleh.