Awoo.

A Dream I Had Regarding Sonic Forces...(Plot Heavy)

Alienrun

I want to take you back to a simpler time...a time when Sonic Forces was just announced as "Project 2017". While Sonic Mania had pretty much my full attention, Forces still managed to pique my interest. (Classic Sonic aside.)

Simply a few days later, I had a dream on what would be the basis of the plot. I put off writing it down, as at the time writing wasn't my strong suit and I procrastinated a lot. On top of that I just felt noone would care.

So what changed all that? Well seeing more info on Forces drop in (mainly green hill) made me...question a lot of things. I was nutreal on all of it initially, but after seeing everyone else complain about said reveals/nuggets of info really hooked me in. It had been ages since my opinion on something actually lined up with the majority...nevermind being sonic related.

So what's my point with all this you may ask? Well, suffice it to say my dream, while I do like it, unsurprisingly manages to sound kind of fanfictiony. But as new info suggests that the story might be a bit of a mess especially if Pontac and Graff are writing it...I'm worried that my dream might somehow end up being a better story than the actual game despite its flaws. (Which would be quite embarising)

It's a pretty daft excuse but I'll take it honestly...at least I'll be able to get this story out there before E3 rolls around which might radically change our perception of Forces yet once again...

So for starters here's the link to said story for you to read. (notes are included to help make it easier.)

For those of you who can't be arsed to read the whole thing (5 pages) here's a TL;DR version...

Spoiler

Everyone is dead except Sonic (and Classic Sonic) and Amy. Tails is the last to die and Sonic feels semi-depressed. Sonic is forced to constantly evacuate the remaining survivors away from the deadly robots.

Amy gets seperated from the group and doesn't know where she is. She suspects she is dead, suspicion is escalated when she meets some ghosts.

Ghosts explain that if Amy collects some flowers they can revive (almost) whoever she wants. Catch is said person becomes suicidal within 30 days and commits suicide.

Amy decides to go through the motions and decides to revive Shadow since his artificial state might make him immune to the suicidal side effect. (and if not he's used to feeling depressed-like)

Shadow really quickly catches on on the situation and decides to infiltrate one of the robots in order to sneak into Eggman's base (assuming he's in charge of them.). Also demands that Rouge be next to be revied before storming off with his plan. Amy (albiet hesitentful) agrees to let Shadow do his plan.

So is the whole concept contrived and unnessesarily dark/fanservicy? Yeah it is...

But considering this was all a dream...I think it shows that despite me usually keeping to myself when new game info comes out...I was somewhat exited for Forces when it was first revealed despite Classic Sonic being there. I suppose its because of those hidden emotions that I didn't feel like sharing that it took me so long to get this out but here it is!

Feel free to ask any questions on this/critique my writing. And if you have any Sonic Dreams kinda similar to this...tell me about that too! I would love to read it! :D

On the night before the teaser trailer for Forces was revealed, I had a dream where I was playing a 3D Sonic game that resembled a mixture of Sonic R, Sonic Robo Blast 2 and the Sonic Jam hub world. It took place in a carnival-themed zone. I was seriously hoping that was some kind of sign the next 3D sonic game would try to recreate the classic games into a 3D environment, something akin to Sonic Utopia, utilizing platforming and slopes like the old games while still managing to be fast-paced.

And then we got Generations 2. Dreams don't come true D:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

On the night before the teaser trailer for Forces was revealed, I had a dream where I was playing a 3D Sonic game that resembled a mixture of Sonic R, Sonic Robo Blast 2 and the Sonic Jam hub world. It took place in a carnival-themed zone. I was seriously hoping that was some kind of sign the next 3D sonic game would try to recreate the classic games into a 3D environment, something akin to Sonic Utopia, utilizing platforming and slopes like the old games while still managing to be fast-paced.

And then we Got Generations 2. Dreams don't come true D:

I had a similar thing with Tidal Tempest (except it was more based of Gens) But ye...its still nice to think about!

Oh yeah, it's fan-fiction as fuck, no offense. But sadly, if the story here IS better than the actual story, well... Eh heh heh... *nervously adjusts collar* That's... Really bad.

I already know they're going to downplay deaths, and they aren't going to kill Tails, so this story would be very unlikely. That, and it's about as confusing as Sonic '06.

Dreams are weird.

5 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Oh yeah, it's fan-fiction as fuck, no offense. But sadly, if the story here IS better than the actual story, well... Eh heh heh... *nervously adjusts collar* That's... Really bad.

I already know they're going to downplay deaths, and they aren't going to kill Tails, so this story would be very unlikely. That, and it's about as confusing as Sonic '06.

Dreams are weird.

I don't even think there's gonna be any deaths to be honest (of the main cast anyways).

Honestly I just want the characters to...you know...act like actual characters! To for once feel like they could be real...that's what I got from my dream, cause it was quite lucid.

Like I'm not even asking that its all dark and depressing, just give me that sense of adventure that doesn't feel half-assed...

I don't think that its that complicated but as long as Pontac and Graff are writing it very well may be the case.

Here's hoping its better than this randomness lol :P

• Thumbs Up 1