Awoo.

14 Crazy Things Sonic Fans Say (VIDEO)

smooth4lyfe

Sonic the Hedgehog fans!

So I'm sure we all can agree some Sonic fans say the craziest things. So I came up with a list of 14 things I've heard Sonic fans say and what I think about it. I know you all must have heard some of these things before. Do y'all agree?? 

Well you're certainly going to get your click baiting on this one...

Just upto the parts on people complaining about Green Hill and judging games based on trailers, there's not really any clever observations or humour here, just over simplified arguments for youtube clicks, but that's the point of these videos isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2

I forgot legit criticisms/concerns qualify as "crazy things", keep up the good work m8, gotta get those views somehow 

Really, it's completely fair to judge based on a trailer, since that's what SEGA deems fit enough to show the public. No one is judging the entire game off it, but it raises concerns. Jesus Christ, it's a hilarious dichotomy, either you can't touch the trailer with a 10 foot pole or you're judging how the entire game is going to play out. It's the same story with the new character, he doesn't look very interesting, but that's only going off what we have seen. We're going to criticize what's given to us, as like I said SEGA finds it fit enough to show the public. 

With the Green Hill thing, of course the level design itself will vary, but it's not appreciated this is where the games keep starting out. This isn't Mario where virtually every game starts in grassy flatland 1-1, Sonic had a reputation for it's locations to be incredibly unique from each other every game, so I feel it's fair to complain about Green Hill again. It's not the biggest thing ever but the complaints come from a fair place. 

I could go into other parts of this, but those are the largest parts I have issue with. It's not even you don't think they're good arguments or observations, they're apparently "crazy" and "out of this world". How dare we not be 100% happy with something Sonic Team with their super spotty reputation has shown us so far. Yeah I know this is for views or whatever, so don't think I'm taking this personally man lol. And to be fair some of your other numbers do involve things that have been said that are legit questionable stuff so yeah. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This has been moved to Showcase since it seems to fit there better.

1. It's an aspect of his character design. People can form opinions about it, and it's especially understandable when it's an aspect of a design change.

2. See point 1.

3. Who's saying this? Can't people need apprehensive about a new character when the series has  arguably managed to produce a number of duds in the past?

4. You can have too much of a good thing. The series has more to offer than Green Hill when it wants to evoke that sense of nostalgia. It could either use another similar location from past games, or create something new like it used to (Emerald Hill, Seaside Hill, Emerald Coast etc). 

5. You're massively underselling trailers. They exist for people to form opinions on, and a good trailer doesn't differ greatly from the final product. 

6. See point 1. And bear in mind that people will often point out nitpicks that they have that are ultimately inconsequential. Want an example? I think Knuckles is too pink in Mania and I've said it many times. If it was up to me I'd reshade him a bit, but it's not and I'm not really that fussed. That's what most people are doing.

7. See point 4. 

8. We're over halfway through and only just got to the first crazy thing on this list. Welcome to the Internet. Creepy shit abound!

9. I don't understand why people think this, but they have their reasons I'm sure. Just ignore them and let them be, I guess. 

10. This isn't crazy. The series had attempted to appeal to virtually every different different demographic outside of the elderly over the past two and a half decades. It's been for cool 90s kids, anime tweens, agnsty teens and 30-something man-children in their parents' basements desperate for nostalgia. It's not surprising that everyone has different ideals for the franchise. 

11. Every fanbase has fanboys. 

12. See point 10. 

13. Everyone wants their voice to be heard. 

14. Blame the fans for SEGA's mishaps. Classy.