Awoo.

Drawings and Paintings By Silencer

Silencer226

I like your last character! She looks really spunky! Hope you get to draw more stuff in the future!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you. I'm probably going to be using those OC's in a future project whenever I get around to it. I'm trying to keep myself motivated lately, so there will be more to come in the future. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

So last week I got one of those poseable figurines from AmiAmi to use as a reference for my drawings. As a test run I decided to draw Mako Mankanshoko from Kill la Kill.

mako_small_by_gregsilencio-db95hur.jpg

I think she turned out ok, I just wish I went easier on the thickness of my lines and cleaned it up a bit more. I'll try to make sure the next one is cleaner looking. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I did some Gravity Rush fan art of Kat this week. I wasn't going to do a background because I'm not good at them, but I decided to give it a shot anyway for practice. It's pretty simple though, I couldn't think of anything else to put on it. 
gravity_rush_final2small_by_gregsilencio

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it has been about 2 weeks and so here's some new stuff.

angry_fire_goddess_by_gregsilencio-dbc5h

I started on this last Friday and have been working on it off and on throughout the week. I was going to paint a completely different piece but that idea fell through and I'm honestly glad it did, because I'm happy with how this turned out. 

bikini_battle_elf_by_gregsilencio-dbaojy

I... I am not exactly happy with how this turned out. Wishing I hadn't went with this idea to be honest. Though, I do like the tattoos and the purple highlights, everything else... Nah.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this drawing/painting of Ochako Uraraka from Boku no Hero Academia, aka My Hero Academia (whichever name you prefer to use).

17_06_15_version_2_by_gregsilencio-dbd3d

I like the way the hair turned out and I'm learning to get the hang of foreshortening and working on perspective. My next goal is to get the point where I can finish off at least 2 drawings a week, but it's going to be challenging because of my job and its random ass scheduling (don't work retail if you can help it).

• Thumbs Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

I have not updated this thread in a couple of weeks... I really hate myself for that cause I want to get something posted at least once a week. :\

06_28_17_punk_mechanic2small_by_silencer

This is a new character I was working on, I named her Rocsi Mechanister. She's a 26 year old robot mechanic with a smartass attitude. And I guess I can link some of my early sketches of her since I haven't posted in a while.

rocsi_early_sketches_by_silencerarts-dbf 17_07_05_2_by_silencerarts-dbf8xdz.jpg 17_07_05_3_by_silencerarts-dbf8xh1.jpg 17_07_05_4_by_silencerarts-dbf8xjv.jpg

Sorry if my art sucks, I'm working on getting better. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I took a break from the digital world and did a traditional illustration using Copic Markers.

radiant_listener_by_silencerarts-dbfqop1

Definite room for improvement, but I honesty expected a worse outcome. I don't regret investing in the markers though, I really love them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Here's a drawing of Marina from Splatoon 2. It's not good and my colors aren't accurate because I'm limited on Copics.  I think I'm getting better at art but the process is slow. I might do one of those "draw it again" challenges for fun on an older art piece I did from 2013. Anyway I'm rambling, here's my new drawing.

marina_splatoon_2_fan_art_by_silencerart

Going to take a day or two off to work on a background for my art blog now. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 5

I did another traditional piece this weekend. This time I did another portrait of 2B from Nier Automata using a different shades of grey and a little bit of light blue for the eye. It worked out well I think. 

tumblr_ot5zvqhMj71w23euto1_r1_1280.png

On a side note I'm glad I decided to give art another chance, its helped with my anxiety and depression... my meds probably helped too but I think this is a good outlet for me.

• Thumbs Up 6

Today I finished a drawing of Next Purple/Neptune from the Hyperdimension Neptunia video game series. 

next_purple_neptune_by_silencerarts-dbh7

I like the way it turned out, my only big gripe is my lack of more vibrant purples for the hair.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided to some fanart of my favorite waifu BlazBlue character, Noel Vermillion.

blazblue___noel_vermillion_by_silencerar

A little time consuming though because I tried out a new brand of marker paper... and it sucked to high heavens so I traced over the garbage one and redid it on my other marker paper and the colors blended soooo much better.

Side note: I notice I only post random status updates here and artwork I finish... I'm a horrible forum member. :V

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

• 3 weeks later...

tempest_by_silencerarts-dbklu0d.png

This is a new character design I was working on last week and finally finished it up earlier today. I can't figure out how to take decent photos of my traditional work so this is about as good as i could get it. I wish I had made the character's face have more of an expression but I had already started doing inking the line art before I realized my mistake... As for the name, I'm going to call her Tempest and I wasn't sure what color to do her clothes in so I just went with red since it's my favorite color. I'll try not to go 2 weeks without an update again, it doesn't help me get better taking long breaks... Anyway, I think my next update is going to be a digital piece, kind of missing the tablet. Cheers/end of rambling.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mightyray, I'm still getting used to the markers but I love them. I kind of want to get back to digital work but I always fall back to traditional because I just feel more in control (I think). But yeah, here's something new I finished up today, Ryuko Matoi in a Senketsu bikini. I practiced a few pin up poses before I drew this to get an idea for what I wanted to do. It's not amazing or anything like that but I like how it turned out.

ryuko_matoi_by_silencerarts-dbln2jq.png

I'm going back to school tomorrow, so I'll have projects and stuff to work on in the future and I'm not sure how that's going to impact my drawing time. Cause I'm a few classes away from getting my Graphic Design degree and I don't wanna screw up :P

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

One month later, so what had happened wuz... I started playing Final Fantasy XII and I got addicted to it and like... yeah I didn't do shit for 4 weeks straight lol. I finished the story mode last week though so I switched gears and finished a commission for Crow the BOOLET AKA Princess Jellicent AKA October Rust, AKA Rachel Alucard.

9_30_17_mio_k_on_by_silencerarts-dboz9db

He loves Mio Akiyama from K-ON. Wish I was more careful with the markers this time around, ended up going outside the lines and... well yeah, fail lol. I probably won't have anything to upload next week... cause... I'm back in school and those assignments come first. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, appreciate it. I ended up completing two drawings this week, both BlazBlue characters.

platinum_colored_by_silencerarts-dbpby21 platinum_the_trinity_by_blazedsilencer-d

Platinum the Trinity. It's a weird pose, doesn't make much sense cause she's gonna fall over backwards haha. I like the color job I did with the hair though, it's not super good but it looks like it has a bit of volume to it and not flat. Also the image on the right is one I did back in 2013, I wanted to do one of those "draw it again" challenges. I think I've improved since 13, always a nice feeling.

nine_the_phantom_10_06_17_by_silencerart

Nine the Phantom.  Finished this late last night.  Experimenting with line thickness. My purple marker had a bit of a hiccup and spattered over her breasts some but shit happens y'know.  Unfortunately not everything is completely accurate to the character, the witch hat has a different design pattern in the official art.

That's all I have this week unless I manage to cram out something in the next 2 days. 

-Update-

untitled_by_silencerarts-dbqfqnl.png

Drew Jibril from No Game No Life. Decided to play around with gradients more,  and I think it turned out alright.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1