Awoo.

Sonic 2K6

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

If anything SEGA should work on this game a bit more for the on demand version and fix a majority of the bugs and glithces, save for the warp glitches.

That would take money.

Why the hell did they put this on Games on Demand? It's one of the worst Sonic games ever made.

To make money.

5.17GB?

How did it even fit on the disc originally, then? The 360 only uses normal DVDs, right?

The XBox 360 has a Dual-Layer DVD-ROM drive, meaning it can read DVD-ROMs that store up to 8.5GB on a single side. I hope that cleared it all up for you!

EDIT: An awesome piece of fan-made DLC that Sega could include in an update (if they wanted to):

Edited by Extaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

How? Most people aren't going to buy it anyway.

Putting games up online costs much less money than selling them physically. I assume they won't need even half as many sales as the physical version in order to get profit.

The XBox 360 has a Dual-Layer DVD-ROM drive, meaning it can read DVD-ROMs that store up to 8.5GB on a single side. I hope that cleared it all up for you!

EDIT: An awesome piece of fan-made DLC that Sega could include in an update (if they wanted to):

360 DVD's only hold around 6.8 or 6.9GB, the rest of the DVD storage is used for DRM.

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell did they put this on Games on Demand? It's one of the worst Sonic games ever made.

Everyone, I command you to rate this game one star. I already did, so now you should all do the same.

Because it was one of the biggest platformers on the 360 at it's time and it sold alot so...

Some random guy will buy it, someone that remembers the old Sonic, that maybe hasn't kept up to date with gaming journalism for the past few years.

It is a quick and easy way to make cash, and game companies always need those quick and easy methods in order to supplement the costs of better, bigger budget games, in theory.

Damn this thread though, it makes me want to put Sonic 06 in again :(

Edited by CapnCloudchaser

Some random guy will buy it, someone that remembers the old Sonic, that maybe hasn't kept up to date with gaming journalism for the past few years.

It is a quick and easy way to make cash, and game companies always need those quick and easy methods in order to supplement the costs of better, bigger budget games, in theory.

Damn this thread though, it makes me want to put Sonic 06 in again :(

This thread shouldn't exist to begin with. It's just another method of buying Sonic 2006. Whoop de do. It technically shouldn't be an upcoming game to begin with.

There should be a topic on what games are released for On Demand in general, not just on one crappy Sonic game. Not like Sonic 06 is the only questionable game up there. I for one would like to know who picked some of the last original Xbox games before they decided to quit, saying something along the lines of "Everything anyone would want is up there." BS. Where's Conker Live and Reloaded? And you guys still need to emulate Capcom vs SNK 2.

Considering there's a topic about S3&K coming to XBLA, I warrant that this one is fine...

That would be a "new" game in my eye though since it's has a new interface and achievements. This on the other hand is the same exact game as it was when it was released 3 years ago.