Awoo.

SEGA of Japan announces new ‘Amazing SEGA’ corporate identity

molul

http://www.seganerds.com/2017/05/18/sega-of-japan-announces-new-amazing-sega-corporate-identity/

SEGA of Japan have announced today a new corporate identity and video series, called “Amazing SEGA,” that will refocus the company’s “attitude and determination” going forward and also promises more surprises than ever. 

SEGA said it came to this new identity by studying how the eye is the first body part to respond to an “amazing” experience. In addition to the announcement, SEGA also released the first video in the series focusing on Yakuza Series Director Toshihiro Nagoshi.

“As a company that delivers entertainment with the concept of ‘Amazing SEGA’, the new CI expresses the attitude and resolve to continue to offer customers ‘more surprises, more than ever’ to customers,” SEGA’s announcement read. “In the future, we will introduce it sequentially as a branding tool of each Sega Group company and aim to improve the recognition in the market.”

It will be interesting to see if this new strategy will extend outside of Japan and what meaningful changes it will bring to the company.

That is, Sonic 3 Remastered, Ristar Remastered, Streets Of Rage IV, and Alex Kidd in Amazin World confirmed XD

MOAR SURPRISES FOR US! 

EDIT: Sonic 4 Ep I mobile in the video... Although maybe the Japanese voic is saying "Let's forget about this crap and make Sega great again!".

• Thumbs Up 3

Great video, glad to see Nagoshi stepping up to take a more public role. He's easily one of Sega's best producers/designers and I'm glad he's now Sega's Chief Creative Officer.

This new intro will be replacing the deep voice SEGA intro on SEGA games from now on according to this tweet 

Say farewell to this intro... 

Edited by simtek34
Accident Quote

"It's gonna replace the deep voice SEGA swoosh going forward."

Is that official?

I'm fine with current intro, but hey, I'm fine as well with the new identity.

I expect all this to be revealed on E3. I would be really disappointed if they didn't take the chance to wow us all with what they have in mind.

Now that I think about it, it would be more than cool that Sega released a new console, but not a next-gen one, but a Mega Drive Mini. One that really emulates the system correctly, that supports original cartridges, that has bluetooth controllers (as no one seems to be interested in making them)... I'm sure this would be a big hit, like the NES Classic Mini and the expectable SNES Classic Mini.

Just as long as this means more Sega franchises getting sequels/reboots/more games in general like Streets of Rage, Virtual Fighter, etc. and giving Sonic longer needed breaks between games or even putting him on hiatus for a while I'm okay with this.

So, Crazy Taxi for mobile phones was recently updated and made free. This is the new startup:

Part of the Amazing Sega/Sega Forever dealio?

• Thumbs Up 2

99% sure. It requires permanent Internet connection, by the way. It looks it's a streaming service. I don't like that :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've read it looks like Sega Forever is going to be a streaming service for mobile. Not ports: streaming. You'll be able to play free but with ads, or to pay monthly to remove ads.

I hoped and still hope it's some kind of game store in which you can buy ports of all Sega games for mobile, but I'm not sure Sega would make that big investment. It's a risky bet for Sega. The streaming service looks more reasonable, but still, I don't think it would succeed.

They've been teasing with more tweets...

The tweets are quite frequent (a new one each day). Perhaps we'll get an announcement soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

I personally "hate" this way of building hype. I mean, bring it on already, Sega! When the news are out, everybody will be insta-hyped. Why wait?