Awoo.

E3 2017 Predictions Thread

Zippo

We're about 3 weeks away from the start of E3, as Microsoft is having their conference on Sunday this year, so i figured it was about time someone made this thread for what we hope, wish and expect to see at the big show this year. 

Here's the schedule for anyone not in the know. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n28048/e3-2017-presentation-times

As for my predictions, I'll probably update these over time. 

Nintendo:

-Super Mario Odessey will be dated for November and will sweep the game of the show awards. 

-Pokemon Stars will be confirmed for the Switch. November. People will lose their minds. 

-Retro Studios' new game will finally be revealed. It's Metroid. And it's coming this holiday. 

-Super Smash Bros. is coming to Switch with new characters, stages, items, modes and extras. Inklings, Bomberman and Ice Climbers will be confirmed. 2018.

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is delayed but new footage is shown. 2018 worldwide. 

-Mario + Rabbids RPG is real. Coming this August. 

-Mario and Sonic at the Pyongchang Winter Olympic Games confirmed. February 2018. 

-Wave Race is coming to Switch. Developed by NST. Fall 2017. 

-Pikmin 4 is happening. 2018. 

-The Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remake is real. August 2017.

-Fire Emblem Warriors gets a fuck ton of characters shown off. September 2017. 

-Fire Emblem Switch gets a short trailer. 2018 worldwide. 

-Kirby 3DS is the rumored Air Ride game. Holiday 2017. 

-Virtual Console and Switch online services will finally be detailed. Library will comprise of NES to Wii, and GB to GBA. Will launch right after the presentation. English version of Mother 3 will be one of the day one titles. 

Sony:

-N-Sane Trilogy's Crash 3 Warped Stages shown for the first time in the conference. 

-Last of Us 2 gameplay shown. No release date. 

-More Shenmue 3 footage. 2018 release. 

-Spider Man PS4 demo shown.  Gets a final name. 2018. 

-Death Stranding demoed for the first time. No release date. 

-Days Gone shown again. 2018.

-Detroit shown again. Fall 2017. 

-Dreams demoed. Fall 2017. 

-God of War shown again. Holiday 2017.  

-Uncharted Lost Legacy demoed again. August 2017. 

-Knack 2 shown. Holiday 2017. 

Microsoft:

-Scorpio gets a real name. Price revealed. November release. Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct Season 4, Minecraft and Forza 7 are launch titles. 

Sega:

-Sonic Mania gets a release date, a physical release, and more new stages are shown. August 2017. 

-Sonic Forces is playable for the first time. More story details revealed. New stage shown. November 2017. 

-Daytona 3 gets a downloadable version announced for PC, Switch, Scorpio and PS4.  

Capcom:

-New Mega Man game announced, unfortunately based on the new cartoon. Will launch alongside the show in 2018. 

-Monster Hunter 5 announced. Switch exclusive. 2018. 

-More Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite characters confirmed. Star Lord, Spider Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Dimitri, Gene, Viewtiful Joe, Regina. 

-New Street Fighter V DLC. 

-New Resident Evil VII DLC

Square Enix:

-New Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 trailer. No release date. More at TGS. 

-New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. New worlds shown. 2018. More at TGS. 

-Dissidia Final Fantasy finally gets a release date. PS4, Holiday 2017. 

-Project Octopath Traveler gets a real name. 2018. 

-Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed. PS4, Scorpio, PC and Switch. 2018. 

-New exclusive RPG for Switch. 

Namco Bandai:

-Confirmed to be developing Smash Bros. for Switch. 

-New Tales Game announced for Switch. 2018. 

-Soul Calibur 6 confirmed. 2018. 

Miscellaneous:

-Call of Duty WW2 will be confirmed for Switch. 

-No More Heroes 3 will be officially announced. CGI trailer. 

-Atlus will announce more Switch games. 

-Level 5 will announce their first Switch Games. Lady Layton and Yo-kai Watch will be ported. 

No-Shows:

-Red Dead Redemption 2

-New 2D Mario

-Animal Crossing Switch

-Masahiro Sakurai's New Game

-Next Level Games' New Project

-Mario Kart 9

-Bloodstained

-Platinum's New IP

-Halo 6

-Gears 5

• Thumbs Up 1

Knack 2 will be the surprise highlight of the entire E3 2017 show.

• Thumbs Up 7

No-Shows?

Half-Life 3.

Kidding aside, we gettin' some Wolfenstein up in here. No doubt about it.

Shenmue HD 1& 2.

Followed up by the Shenmue 3 Trailer.

Believe!

From Nintendo I expect Smash Bros., Super Mario Odeseey and Pokemon Stars.

From Sony  N Sane Trilogy,The Last of Us 2, New God of War and Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

From Bandai Namco I would love some news on Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker and most likely a new Dragon Ball game.

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

We're about 3 weeks away from the start of E3, as Microsoft is having their conference on Sunday this year, so i figured it was about time someone made this thread for what we hope, wish and expect to see at the big show this year. 

Here's the schedule for anyone not in the know. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n28048/e3-2017-presentation-times

As for my predictions, I'll probably update these over time. 

Nintendo:

-Super Mario Odessey will be dated for November and will sweep the game of the show awards. 

-Pokemon Stars will be confirmed for the Switch. November. People will lose their minds. 

-Retro Studios' new game will finally be revealed. It's Metroid. And it's coming this holiday. 

-Super Smash Bros. is coming to Switch with new characters, stages, items, modes and extras. 2018.

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is delayed but new footage is shown. 2018 worldwide. 

-Mario + Rabbids RPG is real. Coming this August. 

-Mario and Sonic at the Pyongchang Winter Olympic Games confirmed. February 2018. 

-Wave Race is coming to Switch. Developed by NST. Fall 2017. 

-Pikmin 4 is happening. 2018. 

-The Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remake is real. August 2017.

-Fire Emblem Warriors gets a fuck ton of characters shown off. September 2017. 

-Fire Emblem Switch gets a short trailer. 2018 worldwide. 

-Kirby 3DS is the rumored Air Ride game. Holiday 2017. 

-Virtual Console and Switch online services will finally be detailed. Library will comprise of NES to Wii, and GB to GBA. Will launch right after the presentation. English version of Mother 3 will be one of the day one titles. 

Sony:

-N-Sane Trilogy's Crash 3 Warped Stages shown for the first time in the conference. 

-Last of Us 2 gameplay shown. No release date. 

-Spider Man PS4 demo shown.  Gets a final name. 2018. 

-Death Stranding demoed for the first time. No release date. 

-Days Gone shown again. 2018.

-Detroit shown again. Fall 2017. 

-Dreams demoed. Fall 2017. 

-God of War shown again. Holiday 2017.  

-Uncharted Lost Legacy demoed again. August 2017. 

-Knack 2 shown. Holiday 2017. 

Microsoft:

-Scorpio gets a real name. Price revealed. November release. Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct Season 4, Minecraft and Forza 7 are launch titles. 

Sega:

-Sonic Mania gets a release date, a physical release, and more new stages are shown. August 2017. 

-Sonic Forces is playable for the first time. More story details revealed. New stage shown. November 2017. 

-Daytona 3 gets a downloadable version announced for PC, Switch, Scorpio and PS4.  

Capcom:

-New Mega Man game announced, unfortunately based on the new cartoon. Will launch alongside the show in 2018. 

-Monster Hunter 5 announced. Switch exclusive. 2018. 

-More Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite characters confirmed. Star Lord, Spider Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Dimitri, Gene, Viewtiful Joe, Regina. 

-New Street Fighter V DLC. 

-New Resident Evil VII DLC

Square Enix:

-New Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 trailer. No release date. More at TGS. 

-New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. New worlds shown. 2018. More at TGS. 

-Dissidia Final Fantasy finally gets a release date. PS4, Holiday 2017. 

-Project Octopath Traveler gets a real name. 2018. 

-Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed. PS4, Scorpio, PC and Switch. 2018. 

Namco Bandai:

-Confirmed to be developing Smash Bros. for Switch. 

-New Tales Game announced for Switch. 2018. 

-Soul Calibur 6 confirmed. 2018. 

Miscellaneous:

No-Shows:

Your predictions are too perfect to be true

1 hour ago, Joseph Mello said:

Your predictions are too perfect to be true

Thanks haha. Most of those are educated guesses, but I'm sure some of it will happen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a guarantee, and all I'm really watching for. That and Smash Switch. Show me a Star Wars or Toy Story world please or, as unlikely as it is, Princess and the Frog. Oh, and finally show off that BH6 world haha. Aside from that, everything else I end up being interested in is a bonus. Dissidia and FF7R are my runner up interests. Oh and Pokémon Stars. I'm interested in FE warriors getting more shown off, and potentially a new Animal Crossing game.

Regarding Smash, I'm expecting a new returning character announcement. Like Wolf, or Ice Climbers. Or Pich-pffft.

I could see Sonic Forces at Nintendo's corner too, or rather, I expect it at SEGA's actual booth, possibly on multiple systems.

Really curious to see what Nintendo has up their sleeve

While a Smash Bros. port may be a possibility, I just can't see them adding new characters since Sakurai is basically done with further development on that game.

this supposed port would probably be like MK8D, but reversed. no new characters, but some new stages, all DLC included, a new mode or two maybe

Can I just have my Kingdom Hearts 3 release date and trailer please

thx.

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Can I just have my Kingdom Hearts 3 release date and trailer please

thx.

You mean the date of.... 20XX

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see why already existing assets like Wolf or Ice Climbers would be unrealistic for it though. Sakurai isn't the only one with power over Smash, especially with him being done with the series, and Nintendo does want to continue that money maker clearly. It's not like people are assuming shovel knight or K. Rool will be added to the port 

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I don't see why already existing assets like Wolf or Ice Climbers would be unrealistic for it though. Sakurai isn't the only one with power over Smash, especially with him being done with the series, and Nintendo does want to continue that money maker clearly. It's not like people are assuming shovel knight or K. Rool will be added to the port 

I think some time during the development Sakurai said all the veterans had to be remade from the ground up, so I'm not sure existing assets mean anything. Could be wrong about what he said, though, and I'd love to see Wolf again.

My prediction is that there will be video games there. Maybe. It's a stretch, I know.

Hoping for KHIII and more Sonic Forces stuff. I guess something from Mania too, but I'm not overly interested in it. Also obligatory "I hope they announce Fur Fighters HD" line.

I also hope they announce a few there that end up on the show floor so I can play em. Sometimes they do that. Though usually it's a shooting game I'm not particularly interested in.

Other than that... Maybe info on the new Tales game for Switch, but they might announce that at the Tales Festival around the 2nd. Possible that they'll go more into detail about it at E3 though.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I think some time during the development Sakurai said all the veterans had to be remade from the ground up, so I'm not sure existing assets mean anything. Could be wrong about what he said, though, and I'd love to see Wolf again.

Only the Melee ones. Roy and Mewtwo's animations (and presumably their movesets in general too) did have to be redone from the ground up, something about the data being too old to work with, I forget Sakurai's exact words. Lucas on the other hand was ported verbatim with nearly all of his Brawl animations and properties completely intact, with a few small tweaks here and there (I don't think his downthrow buried people in Brawl for example). By this rationale, porting Wolf and the Climbers would be trivial work by comparison because they're both Brawl characters, especially in the latter's case when assets have reportedly already been made (bearing in mind they only missed Smash 4 because they couldn't achieve parity with the 3DS version). Hell, Snake would be pretty easy to port too if Konami weren't a big bag of cunts.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I think my one concern with whether or not Ice Climbers would come back is, if Switch gets a port of Smash 4 (the chance of which I believe is high), would they necessarily use characters that weren't considered possible because they didn't work on the 3DS version and were thus cut from the Wii U version? Would they try to maintain parity between a new Switch version and the existing 3DS version, or would they say "Fuck it" and just add them in as exclusives for the Switch version?

I really don't know what popularity the 3DS version has, but since the 3DS is living on a little longer, I wonder if Nintendo will continue to support it and try to keep things equal in terms of characters if they continue with Smash 4.

19 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

Only the Melee ones. Roy and Mewtwo's animations (and presumably their movesets in general too) did have to be redone from the ground up, something about the data being too old to work with, I forget Sakurai's exact words. Lucas on the other hand was ported verbatim with nearly all of his Brawl animations and properties completely intact, with a few small tweaks here and there (I don't think his downthrow buried people in Brawl for example). By this rationale, porting Wolf and the Climbers would be trivial work by comparison because they're both Brawl characters, especially in the latter's case when assets have reportedly already been made (bearing in mind they only missed Smash 4 because they couldn't achieve parity with the 3DS version). Hell, Snake would be pretty easy to port too if Konami weren't a big bag of cunts.

Well given Konami recently seem to be getting cheeky with Nintendo, that wouldn't be so unrealistic. But that would require Konami knowing how to business

@Zaysho You make a point there. I mean if they wiped their hands of the 3DS and moved on, they could essentially pull a MK8 and make them exclusives with no worry. But they seem hellbent on keeping the 3DS fanbase satasfied and included

2 hours ago, JohnVGC said:

While a Smash Bros. port may be a possibility, I just can't see them adding new characters since Sakurai is basically done with further development on that game.

I think people need to realize that Sakurai isn't needed for Smash Bros. anymore, at all. Namco Bandai have proven that they've got this. Nintendo calls the shots at the end of the day anyway, while Namco are the ones most likely developing the game.  Sakurai has strongly hinted that he's working on something very different and his project has been in development for at least a year. 

55 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I think my one concern with whether or not Ice Climbers would come back is, if Switch gets a port of Smash 4 (the chance of which I believe is high), would they necessarily use characters that weren't considered possible because they didn't work on the 3DS version and were thus cut from the Wii U version? Would they try to maintain parity between a new Switch version and the existing 3DS version, or would they say "Fuck it" and just add them in as exclusives for the Switch version?

I really don't know what popularity the 3DS version has, but since the 3DS is living on a little longer, I wonder if Nintendo will continue to support it and try to keep things equal in terms of characters if they continue with Smash 4.

I don't see that happening. From everything we've heard, Sakurai and crew made it very clear that they were done with DLC for Smash 3DS and Wii U. This Switch version is absolutely going to be it's own thing, i personally see it being a combination of the two versions, while adding new content on top of that. 

I'm twiddling my thumbs that a Monster Hunter will be announced for the Switch, but I don't know if I can expect that really.

It may be a bit too early for Last of Us: Part II since motion cap only recently started months ago, but who knows? It wouldn't be a surprise if it shows up.

The CEO of Blockade Entertainment, which was working on the Sly Cooper movie and made the Ratchet & Clank movie, has confirmed there will be Sly Cooper news "around" E3.

So why am I posting this here?

Well I'm willing to wager Sony probably has some sort of news on its own and the decision to make the film news around E3 isn't a coincidence.

Sly Cooper remastered? Sly 5? Sly Cooper in Skylanders?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get something there to go along with the presumed announcement the Sly Cooper film is being shelved in favor of an animated series.

I didn't hear about that one, actually. I'm guessing Sanzaru Games is making another Sly Game. I recall the fourth one doing pretty well. 

Hoping the new Batman (WP Montreal) game will be revealed and gameplay shown.

With TLOU 2's release a few years away I'm not expecting any gameplay this early. I do want to see more of Days Gone.

Also want to see Micro Machines World Series gameplay which releases on 23rd June.

No doubt the next Assassin's Creed will be revealed.

The past couple of years, Sony has announced a fan favorite game whether its Shenmue 3 or Final Fantasy VII remake so I expect something similar there. The question is what would it be? New Ape Escape? Metal Gear Solid remake? Devil May Cry 5? PS1 emulation on the PS4? It might be that new Tomb Raider game, the series is associated with Sony despite being multiplatform (and Crystal Dynamics would be working on the Scorpio version). Some people want a new SOCOM game however I just can't see it myself and Yoshida denies it.

With Ubisoft, the new Assassin's Creed (with the names most likely being either just its namesake or something like Origins) will be almost certainly be there, along with the recently announced Far Cry 5 and perhaps Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Extremely doubtful that a GTA game is going to be there, it might have been long enough since the last game so it's due but Rockstar doesn't really roll that way. Agent may have a chance due to its recent retrademark and a typical E3 surprise but extremely silm. I also think that Last of Us 2, Detroit, Wild, Dreams (latter three most likely for Gamescom or Paris Game Week), are going to be no shows.

For some reason, a reveal of Halo 6 comes to my mind with the Scorpio. I don't know why, just have that gut feeling that it'll be there. Most likely just a CGI cutscene though. It's too early for Gears 5 and Forza 7 is going to be there anyway due to its 2 yearly cycle.

2 hours ago, 风之Klonoa said:

I'm twiddling my thumbs that a Monster Hunter will be announced for the Switch, but I don't know if I can expect that really.

Most likely a Monster Hunter reveal will be at Tokyo Game Show or a Capcom event. It's big in Japan afterall unless it is referring to the localization of Monster Hunter XX (Generations 2) however considering that Monster Hunter Stories is coming, I can see XX getting skipped though.