Awoo.

Obscure Adaptations

Klinsy

So. usually when something gets made into something other the source material, there is one that always overshadows everything, everyone knows about the 2003 Yu-Gi-Oh series but the adaptation before is so obscure, people think it's a missing season that was never dubbed for being too violent, this topic covers lesser known versions of our favorite franchises, here we go!

KC Deluxe Mario Manga

KCDeluxe-SML2FirePeach.png

Now isn't that a adorable version of Princess Peach? It's actually the first appearance of Fire Peach, Super Mario Land 2 style!

Looking for this comic's panel out of context ... I have no idea what's going on, they're adapting Mario games released at the time but they're doing it in a very weird way, but in it's own style opposed to the not so famous but famous compared to this Super Mario Kun, like I said, the art is adorbs.

JoJo Phantom Blood: The Game

latest?cb=20160225120339

Three specific parts of JoJo got their own game, the famous Stardust Crusaders fighting game(with part 2 Joseph) and it's more obscure RPG, the bit more obscure Golden Wind game that we could have gotten over in states and be confused on what the fuck is going on(But it does have a remix from the fighting game) and ... this.

No one seems to even know this game exists but it seems like it's in for a good time, poses are a gameplay element, plus it's tied to the lost Phantom Blood movie, yet there doesn't seem to be any interest.

Doh Doh Island

Do you remember that Play Doh exists? Do you know they have Happy like mascots now? Yep, but before that, they took up a approach with a bit more charming characters, I think the concept, animation wise, is pretty cool, I think stop animation with a tropical island theme would be really cool, it's got a look that takes me back when I was 5? years old and I got it because I just wanted the tape.

Anymore, let's list them all!

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if its considered as 'obscure' but I at least don't hear it talked about often-

'Novas Adventuras de Megaman', this Brazilian Megaman comic that was published through 1996-1999.

I don't have much to say on it other than the fact that Roll wears literally no clothes in it and one of the lead writers didn't even play any of the Megaman games. It's pretty funny actually..

1856920-novas_aventuras_de_megaman_14.thumb.jpg.a9ebc043b646f7552724a1815ea2573f.jpg

Moving on to stuff that isn't as racy...

Dobutso no Mori (or animal crossing in every other country that speaks English) had a lot of Japan-only promotional manga. All of these are pretty obscure to people who aren't super into Animal Crossing and none of them have ever been localized officially sadly. There isn't much to talk about with them though, but I do love the art in Oideyo Dobutso no Mori, which is based off Wild World.

M Oideyo.thumb.jpg.a6cba3df9a73fa7f5564c9989e1ddb2f.jpg

Yeah...I'm pretty limited in knowledge of obscure adaptations.

52 minutes ago, dämmerung_rabbit said:

Not sure if its considered as 'obscure' but I at least don't hear it talked about often-

'Novas Adventuras de Megaman', this Brazilian Megaman comic that was published through 1996-1999.

I don't have much to say on it other than the fact that Roll wears literally no clothes in it and one of the lead writers didn't even play any of the Megaman games. It's pretty funny actually..

1856920-novas_aventuras_de_megaman_14.thumb.jpg.a9ebc043b646f7552724a1815ea2573f.jpg

Hey! Can you pass me some scan or review about this comic? I understand portuguese (In fact, I born in Brazil), and certainly I can say something more about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few years before the Disney version existed, Winnie the Pooh had an animated adaptation in Soviet Russia.

I actually find this version of Pooh cuter than the Disney one.

• Thumbs Up 1