Awoo.

Monster Hunter XX Confirmed for Nintendo Switch

Zippo

Begins? It's been a thing since launch. heck whenever it goes in stock online it sells in less than 6 minutes

Welp, as soon as the eng version comes out i'm getting a switch!

I skipped the original vers of X because I like getting the expanded ones (3g, etc) over the original releases usually, so this is both a perfect excuse to buy a switch AND a great game I'm looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f7c.gif

FINALLY! ANOTHER CONSOLE MONSTER HUNTER!!!

For the love of god capcom quit making me wait for the western release!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, May have to dig out my 3DS version and start playing again.

So i have never played this one. But isnt this just a 3ds port graphics and all upscaled to hd? Its not really a new console version. That being said is it worth it or should i wait for a "real" MH 5 for switch or get this one when it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

The game is Japan exclusive.

Could you say we were

double-crossed?

I'll see myself out.

Actually, that may not be entirely accurate. The official statement right now is that Capcom has no plans to localize the game in English at this time (Capcom reached out to Gamespot to clarify). I was a little interested in this game since I never really played one before (played a bit of Tri's demo on Wii U but didn't quite get it). Could go either way at this point, so fingers crossed they look into it.

It's worth noting that they've since rowed back even further:

Notice that this statement makes no claims about the future whatsoever and confines its scope entirely to the past.  They could announce a localisation tomorrow and it wouldn't conflict with this statement.

Keep in mind though technically it's not Capcom who's been localizing the Nintendo monster Hunter games it's been Nintendo themselves, and of also been the ones going to franchise over here since they've been complete covering marketing as well 

After watching the leaked footage of Monster Hunter World and wanting to blow my bloody head off, I need this game to come to the west now more than ever.

29 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

After watching the leaked footage of Monster Hunter World and wanting to blow my bloody head off, I need this game to come to the west now more than ever.

I'm sure it will get localized, they're just not announcing it yet.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:36 AM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Keep in mind though technically it's not Capcom who's been localizing the Nintendo monster Hunter games it's been Nintendo themselves, and of also been the ones going to franchise over here since they've been complete covering marketing as well 

ESPECIALLY if this is true. If Nintendo publishes Monster Hunter games outside of Japan, yeah, its totally coming to the west. Nintendo's not going to waste the opportunity to get XX on Switch in the west. Just don't expect it until 2018.