Awoo.

Sonic Mania Pre Order Trailer - Coming August 15th

Wraith

Spoiler

Just saw the trailer and wow it looks amazing! This game continues to impress me. Sonics gonna need some mad weed killer for that krudzu in stardust speedway!

*creates steam account* anybody know if I can run steam on an hp windows 10 laptop?

7 minutes ago, Acoolsonicfan said:
  Hide contents

Just saw the trailer and wow it looks amazing! This game continues to impress me. Sonics gonna need some mad weed killer for that krudzu in stardust speedway!

*creates steam account* anybody know if I can run steam on an hp windows 10 laptop?

of course you can. :)

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

I got you, fam :D

DBGHg28V0AANm0E.jpgDBGHg28UAAAS2-C.jpgDBGG8eKUwAE6xjg.jpgDBGG8eKUQAAY3yk.jpgDBGHMwrUAAAOq7a.jpgDBGHMwrUIAEMBK2.jpg

Okay this might seem a bit dumb but how do you get these themes? I pre-ordered the game and they aren't showing up for me.

It's weird because when I downloaded the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII, that theme was available straight away

EDIT: lol nevermind I got it

August 15th, Y U No arrive faster?

I NEEEEEED IT

Time to start saving up.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I GOT THE MONEY, WOOOOO

What a charming little trailer that was. I think that's the first time I've thought this about any sonic based trailer.

Jesus, that was easily one of the best trailers to ever come out of this franchise. Right up there with the Riders animated Intro and the Unleashed World'Venture themed mockups.

We didn't need to really see much out of the way of gameplay for this one, as Mania has already done a good job showing us what its all about on that front. This little sucker just was around to up our expectations and bring a little bit more excitement to the wait and it accomplishes just that.

Although, if the door chime when they get off that elevator is anything other that "Welcome to the Next Level" then I'm gonna RAEG.

Spoiler

On a side note, did anyone else take that 1, 2, 3, K, M as a GIANT middle finger to Sonic 4? I mean, its one thing to sweep 4 under the rug, but yikes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tiny little error that only lasts a frame. Can you see it?

Fingers.thumb.png.422c3a821f7a94c22bb42b4aaee0dc90.png

No? The next frame fixes it.

Fist.thumb.png.c1d224e6443ff3943b7e514ee392a3a0.png

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Tiny little error that only lasts a frame. Can you see it?

Fingers.thumb.png.422c3a821f7a94c22bb42b4aaee0dc90.png

No? The next frame fixes it.

Fist.thumb.png.c1d224e6443ff3943b7e514ee392a3a0.png

Knuckles looks like he's got extra knuckles. Or fingers in the first one.

Really nicely fits the defintion of both new and nostalgic. Never thought I'll say something like this nowadays, but... good job, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've watched the date announcement trailer at least 15 times so far, the music is so upbeat, the CD/OVA animation quality along with gameplay footage is just pure nostalgia fuel.

I honestly can't wait for August. It's gonna be a great month!

-casually goes to watch the trailer again for the 16th time-

Absolutely flawless trailer. Always have and will be a big fan of Hesse for his artwork and yet his animation. It's a real nice feel for the CD and OVA era of artstyles, which i'm quite a long fan fave of.

The music is very well done and I can't get enough of it, so I simply can't wait for when Mania Releases.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn't see the absence of 4 in the elevator as a "fuck you" necessarily; it's just that that game isn't represented so it wouldn't make sense to include it even if people liked it well enough.

edit: though I guess CD isn't on there so

• Thumbs Up 5

200th Post!! :-p I have seen the trailer a good few times and just keeps making me smile. So looking forward to this game, might need a day off work on the Tuesday when it comes out. Tempted to pre order the Switch Collector's Edition as well

Forgot to post my thoughts down here. The trailer was an absolute fantastic treat, it will melded well with that beautiful animation and music to boot. Seriously, this game has gotten me more excited for any Sonic in a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 01/06/2017 at 10:00 AM, Sean said:

I didn't see the absence of 4 in the elevator as a "fuck you" necessarily; it's just that that game isn't represented so it wouldn't make sense to include it even if people liked it well enough.

edit: though I guess CD isn't on there so

The lack of a 4 isn't really a "fuck you" but it's nice when you think about the fact that Japanese elevators often exclude a number 4 because it supposedly means bad luck. 

(Also fuck Sonic 4)

• Thumbs Up 8

12 minutes ago, molul said:

Maybe not a "fuck you" but I do see a "Sonic 4 doesn't deserve to be included here".

As I've said elsewhere, it's a "Sonic 4 isn't part of the classic brand* so wouldn't be included regardless". Sonic Mania likewise wouldn't be referenced in the modern brand, so no remaking its levels or whatevs. 

*Yes, even though it is touted as a follow-up to the classic games.

• Thumbs Up 4