Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2017: Metroid is NOT Dead, OK?? (Nintendo Spotlight: June 13)

Marcello

3dNfHDG.jpg

8fVC2qn.png
(North America) http://e3.nintendo.com/

Ow9C6KT.png
Nintendo Spotlight, June 13
US PDT:                     9:00
United Kingdom:     17:00
Central Europe:       18:00

Treehouse Live Day 1, June 13
US PDT:                   09:30
United Kingdom:     17:30
Central Europe:       18:30

Treehouse Live Day 2, June 14
US PDT:                   10:00
United Kingdom:     18:00
Central Europe:       19:00

Treehouse Live Day 3, June 15
US PDT:                   10:00
United Kingdom:     18:00
Central Europe:       19:00

2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational, June 13
US PDT:                   14:30
United Kingdom:     22:30
Central Europe:       23:30

2017 ARMS Open Invitational, June 14
US PDT:                   15:30
United Kingdom:     23:30
Central Europe:       00:30 (June 15)

For more Time Zones check here: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/871757228793094144

03vscXw.png
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

3Vd16LE.png
Motobug is the SSMB stream, so if you want to watch with us, this is the place.
More information here

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

Rz5WHpV.png

ZEDusaN.png

• Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

KUhPBH8.png

• Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch/N3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Season Pass Part 2 (Wii U/ Switch)
  • Splatoon 2 (Switch)
  • ARMS (Switch)
  • "Multiplayer Action" Kirby (3DS)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
  • Hey! Pikmin (3DS)
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)
  • Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch)

jYT3gTF.png

• Retro Studios New Title (???)

utm3c5S.png

• Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

kBPHMBe.png

2JxkFiL.jpg

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo is bringing some incredible social, competitive tournaments to this year’s E3 video game trade show. Over the course of two days, fans around the world can watch online as both pros and amateurs compete for glory in the Splatoon 2 and ARMS games, which can only be experienced on the Nintendo Switch console. Fans can watch all the action at http://e3.nintendo.com, as well as on Nintendo’s YouTube and Twitch channels.

2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational – Tuesday, June 13, Approximately 2:30 p.m. PT

For the first time ever, competitors from four different global regions will compete for world dominance in Splatoon 2. The four four-person teams – “Deadbeat” from the United States, “Dynameu” from Japan, “Rising Moon” from Europe and “Blue Ringed Octolings” from Australia/New Zealand – defeated their rivals in local tournaments that occurred in recent months.

During the show in Los Angeles, teams will battle in a round-robin Turf War tournament that will decide seeding for the next round. All teams will play one another and get a chance to scope out their opponents’ strengths and weaknesses. In the next round, teams will battle in the game’s Ranked Battle modes. The semifinal stage will be a best-of-five battle, while the championship will be best-of-seven.

The winning team of the live-streamed tournament will win global bragging rights and will have their names engraved on a sweet Splatoon 2 trophy. Announcers for the Splatoon 2 tournament will be avid Splatoon player, Nintendo fan, athlete and broadcaster Jordan Kent, Ashley Esqueda of CNET and the Nintendo Treehouse’s Eric Smith.

To help kids and squids get the most out of all the tournament action, prior to E3 Nintendo will release video content highlighting the tactics, strategies and storylines behind competitive Splatoon play.

2017 ARMS Open Invitational – Wednesday, June 14, Approximately 3:30 p.m. PT

This live-streamed ARMS competition will pit four expert competitive gamers from the fighting game community against E3 attendees who qualify during the event. E3 attendees can visit the Nintendo booth between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. PT on Wednesday, June 14, for a chance to win a spot in the finals. The top four competitors will be selected to face off against four pro competitive gamers.

The eight tournament participants will do battle until a champion emerges to win the coveted 2017 ARMS Open Invitational championship belt. Announcers for the tourney include Super Smash Bros. broadcasters D1 and VikkiKitty. The participating pro players are Alex Valle of Street Fighter fame; Kelsy Medeiros, aka SuperGirlKels, a professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player hailing from Canada; acclaimed Super Smash Bros. player Daniel “Tafokints” Lee; and French Super Smash Bros. player Marie-Laure “Kayane” Norindr, one of the world’s most decorated professional female fighting game players in history.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170601005503/en/Nintendo-Details-Splatoon-2-ARMS-E3-Tournaments

If I've forgotten anything or made a mistake, just tell me and I'll fix it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Don't fucking tease me with Metroid like that man. With a title like that I jumped straight into the topic expecting some Metroid news. I'd change it for any other Metroid fan out there. 

I have an odd feeling that the Retro Studios game might be another Konkey Dong game, I don't know, I feel it'll be another Country Returns 2 The Returningation type of deal. 

But if a Metroid is getting announced, then by god I will buy twenty Switches and make a golden statue of a smiling Reggie flopping his Switch Joycon around if it happens.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Ariel the Blue Wisp said:

Don't fucking tease me with Metroid like that man. With a title like that I jumped straight into the topic expecting some Metroid news. I'd change it for any other Metroid fan out there. 

I have an odd feeling that the Retro Studios game might be another Konkey Dong game, I don't know, I feel it'll be another Country Returns 2 The Returningation type of deal. 

But if a Metroid is getting announced, then by god I will buy twenty Switches and make a golden statue of a smiling Reggie flopping his Switch Joycon around if it happens.

E3 thread titles usually have jokes! I don't know a better joke than Metroid being alive!

Spoiler

I've made the title more obviously tongue-in-cheek.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

E3 thread titles usually have jokes! I don't know a better joke than Metroid being alive!

Hide contents

I've made the title more obviously tongue-in-cheek.

I like it more now. Sorry for the annoyance but I reaaaaaally want another Metroid game. -_-

• Thumbs Up 2

E3 hype begins!

Now, gimme Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 on Switch and we'll be great.

4 hours ago, DarkRula said:

E3 hype begins!

Could definitely see that happen Square has been saying a lot of points in that direction lately between evaluating old ports that would work well in the system and the content they've been announcing 

Just... anything Kid Icarus related... please.

I am really excited for Nintendo this year. Yeah, I feel like I say that every year and I, for a while now, have ended up leaving disappointed but with a new system just out, I hope Nintendo would take this time to capitalize on its success. Though, they do already have quite a few titles lined up for the rest of the year so it'll be interesting to see what they come out with to actually surprise people. Probably a big title or two to cover the spring of next year leading up to the next E3?

Though, and I'll say it right now, if the long awaited sequel for Air Ride turns out to be that multiplayer game that's coming for the old af 3DS... i... i don't even know what ill do...

Mostly anticipating any Odyssey and Superstar Saga remake news, but I'm also intrigued to finally see that Mario + Rabbids game in action and of course, any other little surprises they squeeze in. (If Smash Switch and a new DKC make an appearance, I just might end up being happier than what is considered healthy. XD)

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DarkRula said:

E3 hype begins!

Really doubting that. Especially if Xbox isn't getting anything and if KH3 isn't going on the thing.

anyway, Smash is what I'm hoping for 

Since it was mentioned, yes, Motobug will be streaming:

As for me, I'm hoping we get news about that Superstar Saga remake. Mario and Luigi is one of my favourite series, so I'd love to hear news about that remake (or maybe a M&L Collection with Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story) 

• Thumbs Up 2

Mostly looking forward to coverage of Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2. While I'm kind of indifferent to Smash, I hope it gets an announcement and I'm also hoping the rumored "Pokémon Stars" is brought up. And even though I'm not terribly interested in the game itself, I do want to see what Sonic Forces might look like on Switch. Other than that, I'm open to whatever surprises Nintendo's got up their sleeves this year.

I hope we get a new Smash and Pokemon Stars.

Also wondering if Sonic Forces and DB Xenoverse 2 will be there.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Since it was mentioned, yes, Motobug will be streaming:

As for me, I'm hoping we get news about that Superstar Saga remake. Mario and Luigi is one of my favourite series, so I'd love to hear news about that remake (or maybe a M&L Collection with Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story) 

Ah, cool, I updated my post to change the link to this thread.

Out of the games already known, Mario Odyssey is my clear #1, though I'd love to see Mario + Rabbids in action, as well as whatever Retro Studios has been working on.

I dunno, I'm just really pumped for this E3 in general. For the first time in years, I have a good feeling this is going to be an E3 to remember for Nintendo fans.

I will be satisfied if a new dk game is announced along with both sonic games Mario Odysessy and Mario x Rabbids.

Also I may be stretching it but MK 8 deluxe dlc.

I don't think DLC for Mario Kart was mentioned during E3 at all, and instead got announced August for release November. I'm guessing if DLC is coming to Deluxe, it'll follow the same structure. Of course, it's possible they'll want to show that this is a platform for a load of new content, in which case an E3 showing would be optimal. Animal Crossing on Switch will give us a console quality game on a handheld device [for those who use it mainly as such], which is certainly good for giving the series a boost. I know I keep saying it, but get on a new F-Zero already, or just port GX. I know FAST RMX offers roughly the same thing, but there's something just that bit more special and characterful about F-Zero.

@KHCast My logic for Kingdom Hearts on Switch is roughly the same as what Mando said. Square seem to have a better relationship with Nintendo, having jumped on to the Switch before it was known as such and offering continued support. And as far as I'm aware, Square don't have nearly as much of a good relationship with Microsoft. Could be wrong on that bit though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any chance of new games showing up at the Spotlight at E3? I know it is very, very likely, but I am asking to make sure.

1 minute ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Any chance of new games showing up at the Spotlight at E3? I know it is very, very likely, but I am asking to make sure.

Tons, we don't know what Retro, and NLG have been up too. Not to mention smaller titles from Nintendo's internal studios. They are the master of keeping things secret

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Tons, we don't know what Retro, and NLG have been up too. Not to mention smaller titles from Nintendo's internal studios. They are the master of keeping things secret

A lot of them, huh? I asked only because no new games were listed in the original post of this topic.

Just now, CrystalStorm51 said:

A lot of them, huh? I asked only because no new games were listed in the original post of this topic.

Because Nintendo is the master of secrecy and short development cycles. only "new" game we know about is Rabbids, and that's due to Ubisoft being a huge open coporation. Nintendo's smaller partners are heavily defended by Nintendo Ninja's

I just wanna be blindsided with Pokemon Stars. Only then I will make the moves towards getting a Switch seriously.

...and Mario Odyssey (wow I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a main line Mario game for once)

I want to be surprised by Nintendo this year - some shock announcements beyond what we already know is coming. Something other than an RPG or a Mario game would be a good start - something with a strong plot and a western appeal like, say, a new Metroid. I fully expect to be disappointed on that score.

Most of Nintendo's lineup this year holds no interest to me, except maybe for Mario Odyssey. Everything from them just feels like so much retreading of old ground now; technically fantastic perhaps, always visually appealing and never badly built, but always just so safe. Sure, they take risks in their hardware department every generation, but where are the risky new game projects? Zelda: BotW, I gather, was a breath of fresh air in that regard - an old series given genuinely new life. I'd like to start seeing this treatment applied to other staple Nintendo franchises, somehow.

4 hours ago, DarkRula said:

My logic for Kingdom Hearts on Switch is roughly the same as what Mando said. Square seem to have a better relationship with Nintendo, having jumped on to the Switch before it was known as such and offering continued support. And as far as I'm aware, Square don't have nearly as much of a good relationship with Microsoft. Could be wrong on that bit though.

Simply having a bond with another company doesn't guarantee anything, especially if that company has ties to other companies to boot. Otherwise, we may as well expect FFXV, Dissidia, FF7R on the Switch as well. (I mean look at konami and Nintendo's relationship lately for another example. Not seeing MGS1 go on anything outside Sony devices, despite their ties to Microsoft and ninty. )Squares relationship with Microsoft is almost non-existent, but it's still getting KH3. Which all the more puts it above Nintendo in terms of what consoles to theoretically port the HD collections next to. (Not to mention it was blatantly said by nomura at some point that the collections were staying exclusive to Sony.) 

Theres been no hints or indications or rumors of a KH Switch port, so I'm in no way expecting KH to even be name dropped outside Sony an Squares houses. 

Im not against seeing it happen, but I simply see no reason personally to expect it.

Just now, KHCast said:

FF7R on the Switch as well.

Well, there has been quite a bit of talk about that, to be fair. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well, there has been quite a bit of talk about that, to be fair. XD

Switch that with WoFF. There lol.

I guess 7 has a shot, especially thanks to Smash

• Thumbs Up 1