Awoo.

Playstation @ E3 2017: "Vita Stranding" | June 12th

Wraith

So far sony is still sitting as coming in last in my show list. I think Nintendo and Microsoft will have better shows. Updates on games taking years to make kills off a lot of hype in me

• Thumbs Up 1

A possible game to be shown off at Sony is Dragon Ball Fighters.

The press released mentioned June 12th, which is when Sony will have its conference.

I have a sinking feeling that this one is going to underwhelm a lot of people.

Nearly every game from last year (God of War, Spider Man, Days Gone, etc.) hasn't come out yet and nearly all of their internal studios' games (Naughty Dog, Sony Bend, Santa Monica, Media Molecule, SCE Japan) are already known. The only studio that has an unannounced project at the moment is Sucker Punch. Not only that, but the big "wow" games like Last of Us 2, FF7Remake and Death Stranding were announced very prematurely. They're ages away from even coming out. Shenmue will also not be there. They blew their load way, way too fast and now it looks like it's going to come back to bite them in the ass. Just by the fact that none of their currently announced games are out, it's going to be one giant rehash of last year. And while that's fine for some, I don't think that's going to go over well for a lot of people. I understand that you can't blow people away every year, but it does look like they're due for an average showing again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Nearly every game from last year (God of War, Spider Man, Days Gone, etc.) hasn't come out yet and nearly all of their internal studios' (Naughty Dog, Sony Bend, Santa Monica, Media Molecule, SCE Japan) are already known. The only studio that has an unannounced project is Sucker Punch. Not only that, but the big "wow" games like Last of Us 2, FF7Remake and Death Stranding were announced very prematurely. They're ages away from even coming out. Shenmue will also not be there. They blew their load way, way too fast and now it looks like it's going to come back to bite them in the ass. Just by the fact that none of their currently announced games are out, it's going to be one giant rehash of last year. And while that's fine for some, I don't think that's going to go over well for a lot of people. I understand that you can't blow people away every year, but it does look like they're due for an average one. 

They may have played most of their cards too early, but there's hope - I can think of one way they can turn this all around.

KNACK 2 BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw on NeoGAF that there were some hints at CTR in the achievements of N. Sane Trilogy, so maybe. Could've just been jokes from the devs, though.

Soon we shall find out. I still think it's a pipe dream. But then again, it's Sony. And just a couple of days ago I'd never thought...

Spoiler

...Coco Bandicoot was going to be playable in all 3 games, but they did it.

So Vicarious Visions can deliver if we have faith. Because fuck me, I think we have asked enough, hm :)? I see/read people who don't care for the Trilogy, but are praying for a CTR remake. It's just a fucking great racer all around.

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

Nearly every game from last year (God of War, Spider Man, Days Gone, etc.) hasn't come out yet and nearly all of their internal studios' games (Naughty Dog, Sony Bend, Santa Monica, Media Molecule, SCE Japan) are already known. The only studio that has an unannounced project at the moment is Sucker Punch. Not only that, but the big "wow" games like Last of Us 2, FF7Remake and Death Stranding were announced very prematurely. They're ages away from even coming out. Shenmue will also not be there. They blew their load way, way too fast and now it looks like it's going to come back to bite them in the ass. Just by the fact that none of their currently announced games are out, it's going to be one giant rehash of last year. And while that's fine for some, I don't think that's going to go over well for a lot of people. I understand that you can't blow people away every year, but it does look like they're due for an average showing again. 

I didn't consider this, but still they'd have to try pretty hard to be less interesting than MS this year, who somehow managed to make a new console reveal boring and underwhelming. So unless they have stealth bombshells (like.... from where tho) they're just gonna be showing the same shit. I hope not because this is the first one I'm actually gonna watch live!!

I hate that I'm right so far. This crowd could not care less about any of this. Almost no applause for anything. 

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I hate that I'm right so far. This crowd could not care less about any of this. 

Starting the presentation with two trailers for DLC and Days Gone, a game that looks like a dead rising remix is a pretty shitty idea. I think sony are cocky and resting on their success a lil bit. So many things in this presentation have been sequels/expected or more footage of known games.... that it leaves a total underwhelming feel to the whole thing.

It looks a lot like their focus is VR... Showing VR on a projector, where you don't get the VR effect, and for so long, is really dumb. VR loses all magic if you just see it in video form.

HOLY SHIT THE CROWD WAS COMPLETELY SILENT AFTER THE VR PRESENTATION. Yikes

• Thumbs Up 2

The overall, smug self satisfied tone of the sony conference really rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

I KNEW IT

I FUCKING KNEW IT

• Thumbs Up 1

KiF7eD2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Very disappointing conference - no really heavy hitters (God of War counts I guess), no big surprises outside of Shadow of the Colossus (which looked lovely), and yet another Skyrim remake, and much of what they did show was next year, not this. The whole thing didn't last long enough, felt like it was missing something big, and left me deeply dissatisfied.

• Thumbs Up 1

Decided to list all the things.

• Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Days Gone
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Shadow of the Colossus Remake
  • Marvel Vs Capcom Story Mode 
  • Call of Duty World War 2
  • Skyrim VR
  • Star Child.
  • The Impatient
  • Monster of the Deep (Aka FF15 fishing).
  • Bravo Team
  • Moss
  • God of War
  • Detroit
  • Destiny 2
  • Spiderman

See, nothing on that list is outright bad, aside from maybe Monster of the Deep and possibly MVC..... so... yeah calling the conference bad is just daft. Painfully OK on the other hand... yeah it was just that.

Also according to this guy who was at the conference, the crowd did indeed cheer and respond to a lot/

This show was so bad not even next-gen Monster Hunter could excite me. 4/10

I just...wow. Spider Man and God of War were the only remotely interesting games during the conference for me. They dropped the ball, and they dropped it hard. Three fucking first party games for the rest of the year? Are they fucking serious?!

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Three fucking first party games for the rest of the year? Are they fucking serious?!

No... there's actually a lot more, they didn't show them in the conference for reasons.

The pre-show had a few more apparently.

To be honest, i'm glad they didn't do what they did the other year and just announce a whole lot of games that won't be releasing for ages to come. I'm pretty sure sony's got some heavy hitters in the bag but I don't want them announcing it all 5 years too soon for the sake of hype. Sides, it was good to get more time with the games we knew almost nothing about since we'd still be scratching our heads now if they hadn't.

I'm kinda surprised so many people were put off by the conference. It was a little dull, but not bad IMO.

Spider-Man was the highlight. God of War could be good, but it's such a departure from the previous games that I'm pretty cautious about it. Most of the other games didn't interest me but they at least seemed well-made. I liked that they focused on announcements so much- they could've spent 15 minutes talking about their brand, but they didn't. Maybe my expectations were just low. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

See, nothing on that list is outright bad, aside from maybe Monster of the Deep and possibly MVC..... so... yeah calling the conference bad is just daft. Painfully OK on the other hand... yeah it was just that.

I wouldn't blame anyone for calling it bad. The guys hanging from the chains was... a bit much. That said, I really want to play spidmeng

Just now, Captain Fun said:

I wouldn't blame anyone for calling it bad. The guys hanging from the chains was... a bit much. 

Yeah that was a bit... urm...

Also what was going on wit h that? We had the music number, then zombies then... no stage stuff at all.