Awoo.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

AlphaRuby

The one time I truly wish a game would be  multiplatform. Everyone should experience this glory 

Bubsy is Back in the all new Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back!

June 8, 2017

3d116e_f6f3afb7093f4c64800a940de62a41d8~

Caen, France (June 8th, 2017) — Game Legend Bubsy The Bobcat held his first Press Conference in over 20 years to announce his starring role in the upcoming PC/PlayStation 4 platformer, Bubsy™: The Woolies Strike Back

“Yes, I know there are many question about where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing since Bubsy 3D (1996)” said, Bubsy “After that games HUGE success, I decided to become a transmedia star and signed a multipicture picture deal with 4F Pictures, I could have gone with Roger Corman but I don’t go in for that highbrow stuff”

3d116e_7f740330e8364d1d85d683dcc4679677~

“I was happily making my movies when a hungry director slipped a copy of the script for Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back under my door. I LOVED it instantly, besides it was my first game offer in 20 years!”

Bubsy the Woolies Strike Back is an all new Bubsy adventure featuring Bubsy in a bevy of exotic locations as he travels the planet looking for the beloved Golden Fleece. Bubsy must use all of his classic moves and a few new ones to dodge and out bobcat a battalion of Woolies, sharks and bess, not mention the gnarliest UFO bosses to ever grace a Bubsy adventure. The wisecracking lynx also adds over a 100 new one liners to his lexicon to keep fans guessing what he’ll say next.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back will also mark the return of the Accolade game brand. Accolade is well known to retro gamers everywhere for a series of arcade, action and sports classics from the mid 80’s to the 2000s.

The game features the Havoc game engine designed by German developer Black Forest, the same team that created the wildly popular Gianna’s Sisters franchise.

Bubsy The Woolies Strike Back Will be to be released this September, on the PlayStation Network and on Steam for PC.

Bubsy-woolie strikes back_ss_1920x1080_01
Bubsy-woolie strikes back_ss_1920x1080_04
Bubsy-woolie strikes back_ss_1920x1080_02
Bubsy-woolie strikes back_ss_1920x1080_03

About Accolade:

From 1985 to 2000, there was only one name for action, adventure, heart pounding thrills and fast paced games on your favorite computer or gaming system – Accolade! Now, after more than a decade and half absence, 2017 marks the return of one of the most beloved and iconic names to gamers all around the World. Accolade is back!

Accolade returns with classic all new, reimagined games from its vast catalog and brand new franchises that will thrill anyone from 9 to 90 that calls themselves a gamer. Get ready for the return of iconic games and franchises like Busby, Hardball, Slave Zero, Deadlock, Eradicator, Redline and more! 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Accolade-Games-1794551840798300/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AccoladeGame
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2PVmw9S5VNWGuRchn_LgJA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/accoladegame

For more information, please contact info@accoladegame.com

Trailer URL: https://youtu.be/SCA3j59IrfQ
Bubsy Q&A: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/395875_c01fda4d0ad143c0b479efac92312203.pdf 

Assets: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gvln9iavvmxqkou/AAC0DjqArClP5kwrvZApOzQ5a?dl=0

https://www.accoladegame.com/single-post/2017/06/06/Bubsy-is-Back-in-the-all-new-Bubsy-The-Woolies-Strike-Back

There's apparently also a Press Release that you can download, go figure.

701.jpg

God, that gameplay bit and screenshots look bad. I didn't even knew Accolade was still alive as a company.

• Thumbs Up 5

>When it already looks graphically more interesting and alive than Classic GHZ

The level, not bubsy

So the Accolade name (the publishers of the previous Bubsy games) was revived by a Hong Kong company named Billionsoft.

You can see proof at the bottom of this page.

We are entering a new golden age lads.

Our King has come to reclaim the throne thought was lost for so long.

Spoiler

Btw, the guys who made the rebooted Giana Sisters (Twisted Dreams and the other name escapes me) games are behind this, and those games were pretty good. I can definitely see similarities visually. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

What could possibly go wrong?

You mean what could pawsibly go wrong

And to answer that, more like what could pawsibly go right

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, fanbase, you pretty much returned him from the dead. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

And this doesn't even look that great, but hard to tell from several seconds of gameplay

I actually unironically liked the first two Bubsy games, which I had for my Genesis. They weren’t amazing… well, I don’t know if I could even objectively call them GOOD, but, they were a part of my childhood. It’s good to see the wise-cracking bobcat back again.

That said, everything so far looks like a pretty generic 2.5D sidescroller, so, I can’t say that I’m TOO excited for this, but, I still might check this out. I definitely wasn’t expecting to see this at all.

Granted I've haven't played any of the other games past the first one. (Do you blame me?) I remember the first game being cheap and insanely difficult. To this day, I can't get past level two. 

I..I'm lost for words. Um, I don't know why they want to bring it back from the dead considering it's shaky history. On the plus side, it doesn't look horrible. So, yay? 

Man, 2017 just keeps getting weirder and weirder.. 

Well. This looks really bad.

So hopefully he'll be put back in his grave after this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whaaaaaaaat.

Of all the characters to rise from their grave...

Well, one thing's for certain: Rob Paulsen sure ain't coming back. :U

Game of The Year folks, don't even deny it.

This very revival right here will represent 2017 once it's over.

Serves us right for making all those damn Somic Forces memes. We did this to ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 8

My most hated character in all of video games is back from the dead. I'd go on an over-the-top rant here, but there's nothing I can say that you guys haven't already said better. So I'm just gonna judge this game on its own merit.

Nope. Still looks pretty bad. I just don't think the graphics are too impressive, there's some weird shading issues in the background at 0:17, the areas seem too open and empty, and Bubsy's voice is more obnoxious than ever. (With no disrespect to Lani Minella or Rob Paulsen. They're both incredible voice actors, but Bubsy was not a good role for either of them) Apparently he has over a hundred one-liners to spout in levels. Well.... look at how that worked out for Rise of Lyric.  Then again, what can I expect from a game developer that's been dead for over a decade (Some things die for a reason, people), and a company that made a game about what was originally a blatant Mario ripoff?

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, RosaRosaRosalina said:

You fools.

You absolute fools.

This is all our fault.

YES, SONIC FORCES MEMES MADE THIS HAPPEN! WE SCREWED OURSELVES OVER, AND NOW THIS CRAPPY BUBSY GAME IS BEING RELEASED.

sorry to anyone who's excited for this game