Awoo.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

AlphaRuby

This just popped up on Twitter. I thought it was a fucking joke. Nibroc.Rock retweeted the announcement and he makes a lot of fan renders and fake leaks, so I thought it was another fake. Seriously? This is fucking real?

Let me correct myself. This is fucking unreal. WTF?!

I'm laughing hysterically right now. Sorry, but I'm probably going to pick it up just to see how it is, but damn. All those Sonic Forces memes and look what we get...

I can't believe anyone is seriously pissed off at this. This is amazing. The worst thing to come out of this is that the game ends up being a huge pile of garbage. Which seems likely, but hey, why not allow them to resurrect such a ridiculous IP? It's not hurting anyone but themselves if this doesn't do well.

• Thumbs Up 5

This looks really bad but a sick part of me wants it to succeed anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 2

YESSSSS! I've always been a HUGE fan of Bubsy, the first game was my childhood. Ever since Retroism ported the first two games to Steam I've always wanted an entirely brand new Bubsy game. I can't believe it's actually happening!!! Here's hoping it's a good game, so Bubsy can stick around! Here's hoping they bring back the VA from the first game. I liked that one way better than Rob Paulsen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having beaten Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (which by the way FUCK THAT GAME'S DIFFICULTY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST) this game looks literally like Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams feat. Bubsy.

Which is a good thing because Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams was a really fun game. Even though the difficulty can fuck right off at times. And the soundtrack was oh so beautiful I loved that soundtrack and the backgrounds were really high quality, it was a well made game. Good framerate and everything.

So I have no doubt Bubsy is in good hands, but I thought Bubsy was dead and gone a long time ago so this caught me offguard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rob Paulsen was the one who did the voice for the first Bubsy game though.

The Bubsy 2D platformers had the crippling conflict of design choices, from lack of hit points to a zoomed in camera to too fast acceleration and such. Judging by the trailer, everything about that has been toned down, so good on that.

Unfrotunately, that also means it's now a basic platformer with no real iconic features of its own beyond Bubsy and the Woolies and yarn collectibles. No Warp Pipe system from Mario, no slopes and loops from Sonic, no teammate system from the newer Donkey Kong Countries, and there's not a lot of time before this game is out. Right now its just a platformer with Knuckles's glide.

If it sells decently enough, then maybe they can make a next game and be ambitious with it in the right direction.

I honest to god can't believe this is seriously happening, its like they looked at all the people making bubsy jokes in that sonic forces trailer and just said "hey, people still remember bubsy, lets make another game!". This truly is the year of revivals, like if someone had asked me what franchise was never coming back I would've said bubsy and if i'd placed money on it I would've lost it all with the biggest jaw drop in my life.

Memes and lols aside, why is the Xbox One getting completely snubbed from this brilliant disaster?

11 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So I have several questions......Why? Was their really a demand for a new game? Between this and Shaq Fu I'm just baffled that we're getting sequels to mediocre games. This is what happens when we meme too hard. Seriously if Bee movie gets a sequel I'm blaming all of you.

Hey hey Shaq Fu is a national treasure boy, mind your tongue. 

• Thumbs Up 3

..never got into bubsby, I might play the genesis game one day then give this a shot. 

Wow...The internet sure can bring something back from the dead.

2 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Memes and lols aside, why is the Xbox One getting completely snubbed from this brilliant disaster?

Judging the trailer, I'd guess that the game might be build on the Twisted Dreams engine (Windows, PS4, WiiU).

2 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

Judging the trailer, I'd guess that the game might be build on the Twisted Dreams engine (Windows, PS4, WiiU).

Okay? but that doesn't explain why its not coming to Xbox One. engines can be converted, case in point Twisted Dreams DC was a free month xbox title last month.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

2017. The year of dabbing DK Rabbids, Shaq Fu reborn, Sonic fancharacters, sequel to game of the generation (Knack), and now the bobcat scratching back.

What a time to be alive.

I..What!? How long was I gone!?

Just now, goku262002 said:

Okay? but that doesn't explain why its not coming to Xbox One. engines can be converted, case in point Twisted Dreams DC was a free month xbox title last month.

It's probably the same reason why I'm still waiting for the Linux port since 2014.

You're joking.

You aren't joking?

They're joking, right?

No?

phen-fucking-nominal

good one, jon, you doomed us all

...it's funny that this is getting more attention than the mania or forces topic right now

7 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Same thing happened for the Amnesia Collection. It costs money trying to port games to multiple consoles, and I doubt much money is going into this delightful little project. With only one platform + PC in mind, they must have assumed that the PS4 would be the more profitable console to release their game on.

I happened to look at the page for Bubsy: Two-Fur on Steam (the first two games), and the reviews were "mostly positive". Are those the same two games?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

1996 vs 2017 

It's like a high school reunion.

9 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

I..What!? How long was I gone!?

There have been leaks for an upcoming Super Mario x Raving Rabbids crossover RPG. Shaq Fu was crowdfunded on Indiegogo about three years ago.

5 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

I happened to look at the page for Bubsy: Two-Fur on Steam (the first two games), and the reviews were "mostly positive". Are those the same two games?

It's pretty much the SNES versions (which is a bit of a shame considering that there was an updated Windows version).

2 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

Pretty sure, yeah. They weren't that bad of games. They weren't amazing or anything, but they weren't that bad.

Its Bubsy 3D and the Bubsy cartoon Pilot that really killed Bubsy.

• Thumbs Up 2