Awoo.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

AlphaRuby

> Woolies Strike Back

> The only Woolie ever known/heard of is this one (guy on the left):

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, this is unexpected.

Tbh, this doesn't really look that bad, honestly. Tbh, I didn't really mind the first Bubsy that much aside from it being super cheap at times, so I don't really mind this revival and honestly, I think it could be good. The developers made Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Rouge Stormers which are both pretty good, so I think this could be decent. I'm definitely not excited for this, but I'm not gonna immediately assume it's bad because of the character.

Also, this was my first post in months. Don't expect me to make any more after this, though.

Edited by The Somewhat Inactive One
I don't know how to make strikethroughs. I suck.
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Pretty sure, yeah. They weren't that bad of games. They weren't amazing or anything, but they weren't that bad.

Its Bubsy 3D and the Bubsy cartoon Pilot that really killed Bubsy.

My thoughts exactly. The 16-bit Bubsy games really weren’t that bad. People just see Bubsy 3D and like to associate that with the entire series. It’s the same as how, to a large portion of the general gaming audience, the 3D Sonic games are all retroactively terrible because Sonic 2006 happened.

Also, yeah, it is kind of hilarious how upset some people on the internet are getting about this existing.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, mikeblastdude said:

The 16-bit Bubsy games really weren’t that bad.

At best, Bubsy 2 tried to improve on the first. The key word being "tried".

They were pretty bad. And fuck Bubsy for the Atari Jaguar with a rusty spatula.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

There have been leaks for an upcoming Super Mario x Raving Rabbids crossover RPG. Shaq Fu was crowdfunded on Indiegogo about three years ago.

It's pretty much the SNES versions (which is a bit of a shame considering that there was an updated Windows version).

Okay I knew Shaq Fu went to crowd funding but I didn't know it reached its goal. wow.

@AdventChild That's the only Woolie that matters.

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Don't mean to derail the topic, but you've been gone for quite a while matey. (Source for the DK Rabbid thing.)

4.jpg

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about these two. Though it does feel like I've been tossed into some freaky weird earth.

• Thumbs Up 4

42 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

If there's any reason to be joyous about this news, it's the fact that if Bubsy can be brought back, virtually ANY video game franchise can be brought back.

NO LIMITS. THERE ARE NO LIMITS.

time to work on reviving half-life

get crackin', folks

4 hours ago, Dee Dude said:

Game of The Year folks, don't even deny it.

This very revival right here will represent 2017 once it's over.

Nah.

A certain 'game of the generation' just got competition. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what we really need is a Xenoblade/Bubsy crossover. Then Shulk can really be feline it.

I'm not sorry.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

Legitimate question. Odds of Bubsy's side kick Arnold the Armadillo, his niece and nephew making a cameo in this game? I reckon not very high but it would be a nice touch for the few bubsy fans running around.

Ok screw it. I might as well be the one guy to like the thread post cause honestly...why the hell not?

I'm kinda looking forward to this, I really don't see any legitimate reason to hate Bubsy besides 3D...the failed cartoon...sloppy easy to die gameplay of the first game....yeah I see the point.

But still, why not? It seems harmless and when I play this I'm gonna have a laugh at all the pawsibly (Fight me) cringeworthy jokes and lines from the infamous bobcat.

So 3D was an abomination, no denying that but I think there's a good chance Accolade will learn from their mistakes and might potentially make Bubsy a decent ongoing series with more games in the future.

Yes, what I'm saying may seem ridiculous but it definitely ain't out of the question.

I'll admit, the gameplay footage of WSB looks pretty eh...and kinda generic but I think it's unfinished so who knows?

• Thumbs Up 3

Even his 2D games were unfun it wasn't just 3D. It's not like people don't like the series for no reason outside one game. His entire series was to many, not fun, and had a ton of issues that bad platformers usually suffer from. And they barely improved as sequels were created. 

If they wanna make a new game, go ahead I guess, but they got a rep, and if this game is just meh-bleh, no one will be shocked and it will just a a colossal joke

• Thumbs Up 1

All we need now is for 90s commercials to make a return with those hip and wild kids of yesteryear

Why on Earth would anyone even think about bringing this guy back from the ever-growing pile of dead game franchises? We all know his previous games are largely considered poorly-made abominations. But I digress.

I do hope this turns out to be the one good game in the series. But if that doesn't happen, it's back to the dustbin for this bobcat, and I doubt anyone will be sad to see him go again.

At least now we know that any game series could potentially make a modern-day comeback.

E...yeah, Bubsy's voice is cringy, I'm not even sure about half of the things he's saying in that trailer!

Also:

Bubsy.pnglatest?cb=20120503091853

tumblr_or9zgsJbiO1udzlioo2_400.gif tumblr_or9zgsJbiO1udzlioo3_400.gif

...Is it me, or are there one too many Sonic references around here?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, he always was a Sonic ripoff back in his 2d Era. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Bubsy is a joke that I stopped finding funny back in maybe 2009. I can't think of any legitimate reason they're reviving him other than for painfully ironic self-deprecation and shock value. Might be a decent game this time around, who knows

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Bubsy is a joke that I stopped finding funny back in maybe 2009. I can't think of any legitimate reason they're reviving him other than for painfully ironic self-deprecation and shock value. Might be a decent game this time around, who knows

And therein lies the problem. If this game is just decent, there goes Bubsy's identity, or what little he had. The problem with the marketing is the severe lack of self-awareness of this game's roots.

Compare with Shaq-Fu A Legend Reborn. That game not only markets itself heavily on self-awreness, being a redemption of one of the most infamous games of all time, but they also keep the spirit of the original intact in a way.

Maybe it's just how Bubsy was himself to begin with, but the little we've seen of this game is so painfully generic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron Webber had a mental breakdown on Twitter.

Guess he finally realized the dangers of meme magic.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll get this before I get Forces.

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

We all know his previous games are largely considered poorly-made abominations.

The original Bubsy was fucking huge when it was new, and not even remotely a game that shared the reputation of Bubsy 3D and (to a lesser extent) Bubsy II until long afterward when Accolade's notorious cynicism creating the franchise became so much more obvious and known.

• Thumbs Up 2