Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

7 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Tamashii vs Tamashii needs to be in the game. Solid State Scouter too.

Looks like the game was pretty loved at E3:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCYuntgUIAA0OIh.jpg:large

God damn, that has more stickers than a Nascar car!

NASCAR_sponsor_stickers.jpg

And they are only using 20% of their power!

I'm still coming to terms with the fact this game exists. GG Style + Dragonball feels like such a perfect combo yet at the same time it feels so dreamlike and impossible because one thinks publishers are so out of touch with the people that you never expect them to actually fund this kind of thing (considering that the last Arc and Bandai ventures weren't like this). Like Platinum and Taro (tho admittedly, the later combo was even more impossible because of how niche Nier was compared to a giant like Dragon Ball).

And they announced this with near flawless timing, right when people started to feel disillusioned with the way Capcom is handling Marvel (I'm still getting that game tho, but probably later once all the DLC is out) they come with THIS, which also was announced while Tekken 7 is still hot in people's mind. So it also feels like a mini Sony 2015 conference.

Bamco is going in HARD for that internet love.

EDIT: BTW I don't know if it was mentioned but gatoray (usually a source of KOF related news) is saying that an English dub is pretty much confirmed for this game, or at least so seems to say the Korean site ruliweb.

• Thumbs Up 2

An interview with the producer has this to say:

Q: How bout favorite character from anime?
A: I like female Super Saiyajin from currently airing super. As female myself, I feel I can relate to her.
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/14/dragon-ball-fighter-z-is-only-20-percent-complete-dont-expect-kamehameha-battles/#vzHJYrOBJBZ4BkHH.99

Hopefully her tastes will influence the roster. ;O She also mentions that the game is currently 20% complete.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's only 20% complete, yet they want to release it in "Early 2018"?

I really, really hope they aren't rushing this out. Literally everyone is super excited for this.  Don't mess this up, Bamco. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2017 at 11:00 PM, Pawn said:

An interview with the producer has this to say:

Hopefully her tastes will influence the roster. ;O She also mentions that the game is currently 20% complete.

Hopefully, she means Caulifla and not Kale.

8 hours ago, Marcello said:

Hopefully, she means Caulifla and not Kale.

It's more likely Kale because she's just Broly with smaller boobs. Cauli doesn't seem to have much a moveset yet, and neither does Cabba even if he had way more screentime than those two.

As a matter of fact, while I won't rule out Super characters making the cut I really find it hard to believe anyone from the current arc will make it into the game. Characters like Beerus, Whis, Hit, Zamasu, or Black might have a chance since they all got their screentime and showcased some potential cool movesets. But the current characters are pretty much a blank as of right now (Kale being the exception, because of what I mentioned above, not that Broly had much of a character to begin with).

Could they get their time to shine during the development cycle and Arc had info in advance about such things? That's very likely. But that sounds more like something they would leave for DLC.

I wonder what the producer meant by the fact that the Switch can run it.

Can it actually run it like the PS4/XBOX or will it be downgraded?

The switch is not as powerful as either of those but I doubt they are doing anything to god of war style for it. I'm sure the switch could run it

On 6/17/2017 at 8:00 AM, DiamondX said:

The leaks are out. 

Sadly, the new characters thing was for Heroes, not FighterZ.

go bump the Dragon Ball general topic with those Heroes leaks, I want to see what they are but not derail this topic.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:59 PM, DiamondX said:

The game will have story, but it will be something original.

Source?

On 6/20/2017 at 1:55 AM, CD Sanic said:

Source?

I think it was stated in V-Jump.

About the game having more unique characters, while I can't think of many, there are some great options:

• Trunks - Fights with his sword and can have a counter move
  • Broly - (I know, I don't want him either) Huge and powerful but slow, uses throw attacks
  • Bardock - Weaker against Ultimate Attacks, but fast 

There are more, but I can't think of anyone else right now. I'm not saying this is how they should play, but how I would see them in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope Piccolo uses his cool blue and white Super Namek aura at some point:

Image result for piccolo vs 17

Oh, and his Hellzone Grenade. Anything from his fight with 17 would be smashing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure they are talking about joke characters only:

Hercule, Cell Jr., Siabaman...

Beerus and Whis can still be in the game.