Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

15 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about joke characters only:

Hercule, Cell Jr., Siabaman...

Beerus and Whis can still be in the game.

:C

31 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about joke characters only:

Hercule, Cell Jr., Siabaman...

Beerus and Whis can still be in the game.

If the champion of mankind doesn't make it they might have just lost a (day one) sale

Considering how much it seems to be agreed that the current arc in Super is all the better for finally ditching all that powerlevel thing and letting non saiyans fight on a leveled ground I'm getting some very bad vibes from that kind of statements. Why couldn't they just have done it like in Guilty Gear? Where there is a clear power gap between certain characters yet that never influenced the gameplay.

I'm reserving any final judgement until I actually see gameplay of said unrevealed characters but so far this has been the first letdown I had with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's just stupid. No one should have a chance against Frieza and yet they're still in the game.

They want the game to be competitive, so I can see them not focusing on troll characters.

In what world is Krillin a troll character?

And what does the kind of character they are have to do with anything? Even a goofy character like Mr. Satan can be a good fighter in a game with the right moveset.

I didn't mention Krillin at all. He is 100% in the game.

I only said they meant characters like Hercule, Cell Jrs or Saibamen.

Maybe they can make Hercule work, but not the other 2.

14 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I didn't mention Krillin at all. He is 100% in the game.

I only said they meant characters like Hercule, Cell Jrs or Saibamen.

Maybe they can make Hercule work, but not the other 2.

The article mentions Krillin.

It does? I guess I need to read it again.

Kinda sad that Tao Pai Pai won't be in the game...

They're making a game in a genre that has a fighter where Phoenix Wright can beat Dr. Doom.

What a completely asinine statement to make.

• Thumbs Up 1

The article only states that some characters are more suited towards assist moves, so moves like Solar Flare are probably their most useful. I don't think it's meant to imply that they can't hold their own; just that say Tien won't have as high attack power as Freeza etc. I'm not sure where Krillin is mentioned in the article?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Pawn said:

The article only states that some characters are more suited towards assist moves, so moves like Solar Flare are probably their most useful. I don't think it's meant to imply that they can't hold their own; just that say Tien won't have as high attack power as Freeza etc. I'm not sure where Krillin is mentioned in the article?

Second paragraph:

At this point in time there are seven characters (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Cell, Majin Buu and Frieza) announced for Dragon Ball FighterZ, and while all seven do indeed fit into the "believable fight" category, if staple characters like Yamcha, Krillin or Hercule make it into the game, their very presence may pose an issue.

38 minutes ago, Pawn said:

You're basically saying that some of the Z Fighters should be relegated to the same status as Freeza's Sorbet, a distinct non-combatant whose only threat is a sneak attack laser.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Second paragraph:

Oh, I see. That's not a quote from the actual interview with Siliconera though, but an assumption made by EventHub.

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

You're basically saying that some of the Z Fighters should be relegated to the same status as Freeza's Sorbet, a distinct non-combatant whose only threat is a sneak attack laser.

Except that's not what I wrote at all? What I did say was that some characters will have weaker attacks than others, which is of course common in any fighting game roster where characters who have have lower strength make up for it in another stat. I postulated that their ability to assist could do the same in this case.

I agree. It's way too early to judge the roster.Krillin is 100% in the game, they aren't skipping him.

Honestly, I would be OK even with 21 characters if they all are unique.

The DB Games Twitter page posted a screenshot of Trunks, but since I can't directly link the image, I got it from Neo Gaf:

DDOypU6VYAAobsf.jpg

The Twitter Page also confirmed (if it wasn't obvious) that Trunks will use his sword when he fights.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anime Expo is here, so we should expect a trailer really soon. We did get one last year for XV2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Dragon Ball FighterZ Announced (Arc System Works, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)
On 6/25/2017 at 10:37 AM, -Robin- said:

They're making a game in a genre that has a fighter where Phoenix Wright can beat Dr. Doom.

And heck, as of PxZ 2! There's actually lore that you can pull from to explain why!

It's not that hard dangit!

On 25/6/2017 at 11:37 AM, -Robin- said:

Or defeat Galactus throwing a bonsai at him. I swear it was hilarious when it happened.

Holy bananas, Big Green and Krillin? I did not see that coming. Who's next? Tenshinhan? Ultimate Gohan?

12 hours ago, Jango said:

Holy bananas, Big Green and Krillin? I did not see that coming. Who's next? Tenshinhan? Ultimate Gohan?

Really? Them being added is no surprise. Just like I'm sure we'll get older than and ssb forms.  I'm calling around 29 characters top