Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

I wanted to be the one who made the topic. Oh man...

This looks pretty cool.

Is it confirmed to be real?

Official press release:

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E38389E383A9E382B4E383B3E3839CE383BCE383ABE38395E3.pdf

"This work is a full-scale fighting game specialized in battle that draws a line from the traditional "Dragon Ball" series. In development, ARC System Works Co., Ltd., which handles a number of 2D fighting fighting games highly appreciated both in Japan and abroad, is responsible for pursuing expressions of the anime version "Dragon Ball" familiar with World Wide in the game thoroughly . You can enjoy the world view of "Dragon Ball" with a realistic battle experience as if you are animating yourself."

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks really good but I want to see some gameplay first.

Also, hoping they get Universe Survival stuff.

Cool to see ArcSystem Works on this game.  This game has the look of the Dragon Ball game I've wanted ever since Burst Limit came out; the screenshots look great, but I need to see it in motion.

Excited to see more.

Arc has yet to make a bad fighting game really so I'm tingly all over

Burst limit was pretty bad.

Give me a guilty gear speed game not just spamming supers all day

I'm not saying it should play like Burst Limit, heavens no.  But this is the kind of look I was hoping they'd go for after Burst Limit was probably the best looking DBZ game for like... 9-ish years?

I think this might sounds wierd, but...

Does anyone get Naruto feels from that Goku vs Freeza picture?

Knowing Bandai, we will get the name and gameplay at E3.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding a Switch version: Switch owners, I wouldn't worry. It's probably coming, but Bamco wants to focus on Xenoverse 2 first. Also, ArcSys is already confirmed to be working on a BlazBlue game for Switch, so that's probably taking priority over this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Most probably gonna come on Switch.

BTW, the game is named "Dragon Ball Fighters".

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Regarding a Switch version: Switch owners, I wouldn't worry. It's probably coming, but Bamco wants to focus on Xenoverse 2 first. Also, ArcSys is already confirmed to be working on a BlazBlue game for Switch, so that's probably taking priority over this. 

7 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Most probably gonna come on Switch.

BTW, the game is named "Dragon Ball Fighters".

Agreed, especially since the previous 4 DB fighting games from Arc were on the 3DS, DS, and GBA. That and Arc was on the partner developer slide, and has dev kits

I'm mostly wondering about the roster.

Original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super characters must be here...

I just want a game that plays like Budokai. How close do their games feel to them?

They'll likely go up to the Black saga in terms of story. Universal Suvival is almost definitely out though, going by the status of Universe 6 Vs Universe 7 and the Black saga in Xenoverse 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Consider me very interested.

I'm quite the fan of deep fighting games, and having Arc System Works working on this sounds fantastic! Not only can we get Guilty Gear Xrd quality visuals which is so sick, but there's a hope for the mechanics to be deep and rewarding like other ASW games in the past.

Dragon Ball fighters for the longest time have played it safe for the sake of its audience who don't play a lot of fighters, which is perfectly fine. Mechanics are very simple and there's only so much you can do with their combat systems. 

The chance of a Dragon Ball fighting game to be truly deep sounds almost too amazing. I doubt that it will be as deep as the big leagues out there, but hey one can dream. Having a Dragon Ball fighter be worthy enough for Evo would be awesome.

I'm so used to the Xenoverse Style it's wierd to look at the HUD.

The bar down there should be the Ki Bar,  so the Xenoverse Stamina Bar isn't coming back.

Sadly we got a "Clash" instead of a picture during the fight so we can get more info.

The article was supposed to appear on the 12th, so expect a teailer then.

1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

I think this might sounds wierd, but...

Does anyone get Naruto feels from that Goku vs Freeza picture?

Knowing Bandai, we will get the name and gameplay at E3.

Yeah, it looks kinda like the Storm games, mainly because of the shading I think. It looks really good.

I'm not super into DBZ but I'll probably pick this up if they release a demo that I can try before it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this goes to tournaments I'll stick to ps4 or Xbox since those are the two main systems at them I'd leave one for my switch for casual play

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

I just want a game that plays like Budokai. How close do their games feel to them?

I might give you a weird answer but while they're both 2D styled fighting games but that's all they have in common.

Basically stuff from Guilty Gear to Blazblue are combo heavy and often stylish at times. However they do go out on their way to make sure every character feels unique and add in a lot of mythology gags. I think the unique fighting styles are more from Blazblue because you have characters that go from draining some health to just blowing wind to manipulate the field and it fits in their fighting style by making it in a dedicated button. I will say their combos do get stylish at times it seems like characters do fly around which might work well in DBZ's favor.

So TL;DR its like comparing Street Fighter 2 to Smash Bros in a way. Its technical vs performing so I don't think Arc's games are much like the Budokai games at all. I think what worked for Arcs in the past works for DBZ a little too well but I can understand its not your cup of tea.

Can we all agree this is the best looking Dragon Ball game? Can't wait for Monday.

Anyway, we should expect a smaller roster this time around. (around 25 characters).

59 minutes ago, Princess Jellicent said:

I might give you a weird answer but while they're both 2D styled fighting games but that's all they have in common.

Basically stuff from Guilty Gear to Blazblue are combo heavy and often stylish at times. However they do go out on their way to make sure every character feels unique and add in a lot of mythology gags. I think the unique fighting styles are more from Blazblue because you have characters that go from draining some health to just blowing wind to manipulate the field and it fits in their fighting style by making it in a dedicated button. I will say their combos do get stylish at times it seems like characters do fly around which might work well in DBZ's favor.

So TL;DR its like comparing Street Fighter 2 to Smash Bros in a way. Its technical vs performing so I don't think Arc's games are much like the Budokai games at all. I think what worked for Arcs in the past works for DBZ a little too well but I can understand its not your cup of tea.

Oh. Well, I hope it's not too complicated for me. I've been wanting them to move away from the 3D arena battles for years.

19 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Can't wait to play as Mr. Satan in this.

How presumptuous.

8 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

He knew about this all this time...

And he is...?