Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

What is a travesty is that the best character to come out of Dragon Ball Super isn't in this game.

The game already has roughly 1 billion Gokus and Vegetas, I didn't need another one. I'd have been more OK with SSJ4 Gogeta at least. I get why they put SSB (Why are they back to calling it SSGSS??) Gogeta in over SSJ4, but SSj4 would have given him something completely unique from other characters. Though, I have yet to see the new Broly movie, so maybe there's something completely unique about this version.

Jiren is just lame.

Joke answer - it’s called comedic exaggeration.

Real answer - your subjective best character does make her suddenly a better candidate from the tons of fan favourite characters that would generate more sales than one of the most diversive Super characters. Gogeta is just a far more obvious selection than Caulifa, especially to tie into Broly, and on top of that, even barring Jiren’s personality, his fighting style and power makes him one of the most obvious choices for FighterZ.

And if any GT characters get in, I’d prefer a base Gogeta over SSJ4, and then have Omega Shenron and Super Baby 2.

No spoilers, but SSB Gogeta has tons of moves based on upgraded versions of Super Gogeta too so that’s what makes him unique.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

What is a travesty is that the best character to come out of Dragon Ball Super isn't in this game.

The game already has roughly 1 billion Gokus and Vegetas, I didn't need another one. I'd have been more OK with SSJ4 Gogeta at least. I get why they put SSB (Why are they back to calling it SSGSS??) Gogeta in over SSJ4, but SSj4 would have given him something completely unique from other characters. Though, I have yet to see the new Broly movie, so maybe there's something completely unique about this version.

Jiren is just lame.

You can also bet your finger we're getting yet another Goku, the Ultra Instinct one. Maybe even Vegeta Super Saiyan God. 

Meanwhile all I ever wanted is some DB rep. Or GT, c'mon. Super Saiyan 4 anyone? ... Babe Vegeta?.. Omega Shenron? 

Also I don't care for Super. 

Many would rather forget about gt. Honestly jiren Tops anyone from that series  and gave us one of the best fights in the series to date. Ultra instinct can  not be far behind.  as well as probably whis

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

your subjective best character does make her suddenly a better candidate from the tons of fan favourite characters that would generate more sales than one of the most diversive Super characters.

I'm glad we agree!

Spoiler

I know these characters make more sense than Caulifla, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Jiren is boring. Gogeta is just another Goku. Broly is just Broly again. But Caulifla is fully unique, has a fun personality, a better design than any of those three, and it would add some much-needed female representation.

Unfortunately, I see Kefla getting in before her, because she's stronger. Which sucks, because Caulifla's design is far superior. I'd be OK with Caulifla with Kale as an assist and Kefla on her own, I guess, but I definitely want Caulifla in the game.

Also, Caulifla is objectively the best. Sorry!

51 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Many would rather forget about gt. Honestly jiren Tops anyone from that series  and gave us one of the best fights in the series to date. Ultra instinct can  not be far behind.  as well as probably whis

Like, I'm exaggerating with Jiren and Gogeta, but Whis over Caulifla would actually make me angry lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Praising Jiren and Gogeta for being good advertising doesn't mean anything to me. Gogeta is just hard to get excited about with all the ground they cover between all the Gokus Vegetas and fusions already in the game and the best thing I can say about Jiren is his jank ass animations are a perfect representation of Super.  I'm obviously not really surprised they're in the game but I'm not excited and I would have rather had other characters. I'm not super crazy about the Saiyan girls but I would have liked to see them if only because the roster is kind of a sausagefest.

I'm not down on Broly yet because the moveset they gave him the first time was trash. Hopefully this is better.

Videl looks great. Whenever they pull up with an underpowered character they get really creative with their moveset so I'm gonna get behind more of those types of characters over the next round of Saiyans/literal Gokus. Put more OG Dragon Ball/Z characters in pls.

I'm hoping the remaining two characters are more in the vein of Videl w/ Saiyaman and we get something cool like Arale and Taopaipai. I don't really care for most Super-era characters, outside of, like, Hit, who's already there (I'm not really counting Beerus as a Super character).

• Thumbs Up 2

Videl is an interesting choice, but the others don't really excite me much. The only realistic inclusion that would pique my interest now is Kefla (or Caulifla w/ Kale), but it's hard to say how likely that is with only two slots left and plenty of Gokus still remaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I... Kinda not against this?... GT Kid Goku has a special place for me, it was my main since the PS1 Dragon Ball GT Final Bout... Althought he was always absent in every DBZ game untill Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which even had the Super Saiyan 3 form, that was lit. Then he became absent again untill Xenoverse I guess? Shit it's ANOTHER GOKU, but it's the one I don't mind, especially if he can go Super Saiyan 4.

My only problem is I wish it was either Kid Goku (with Roshi and Kid Krillin with assists) welding the power pole and Nimbus - because we sorely lack DB representation, or straight up SSJ4 Goku, especially since his level 3 could be Dragon Fist whilst his Level 1 is 10x Kamehameha. 

GT Goku is boring because unless he has Pan and Trunks aiding him, a ton of his moveset is just kind of standard Goku until he goes SSJ4.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pan and GT Trunk as assist, hmmmm, that would be very neat! IMO, since he's another Goku and no one can take any more kamehameha's, they should make him less Goku. Make his attacks a bit over the top, like, instead of the universal Spirit Bomb, his final attack could be ran over the opponent with the space ship, lol. Make him funny, c'mon.

64ncngivaum21.jpg

Scan for GT Goku. Apparently he has another level 3 besides the Genkidama, but it's not shown yet.

Guess it's a Kid Buu situation where he shares some things with another incarnation but this time with Goku. I'm alright with this. If anything, if you remove the Genki Dama from his move pool, it'd essentially be Path to Power Goku. I do hope Super Saiyan 4 is part of some special attack, though.

Really the only downside is Nadolny won't be voicing him in English.

Kinda hoping the final slot goes to like Yi Xing Long/Omega Shelong if they're going to do some GT rep.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, Jango said:

Final slot is reserved to GT Vegeta... With the mustache and everything.

No, GT Vegeta comes with GT Goku. The final slot comes with Bra, as well as a brand new dramatic finish: 

• 4 months later...

Hey, sorry to dig this up, but is there a way to get all those shopping carts of the character select screen without breaking bank?

I honestly can't think of anything short of waiting for a sale on DLC. You might be able to roll back the version if you're on PC to before whatever DLC characters were added, but I have no idea if that will affect the game's functionality. I don't think there's much you can do but just ignore it.

10 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I honestly can't think of anything short of waiting for a sale on DLC. You might be able to roll back the version if you're on PC to before whatever DLC characters were added, but I have no idea if that will affect the game's functionality. I don't think there's much you can do but just ignore it.

I guess so. Sigh.

It's just such a tease, especially since they wont even show a silhouette so I'm sure of what I'm looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

Janemba and SSB Gogeta are coming  No confirmed date for Gogeta, Janemba is out on the 8th.

• 4 months later...

Season 3 stuff got leaked - a Tournament of Power stage is incoming, and piecing together various files in the game shows us a Dramatic Finish with Goku/Frieza VS Jiren.

For some reason, gamplay footage of Majuub and Android 21 popped up on my homescreen, so I assumed they were adding a special story here.

Turns out, it's Xenoverse 2.