Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

You guys are all forgetting the most important character in the series. If he's not in the starting roster than you better goddamn believe Mr. Satan/Hercule will be DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazon recently updated their FighterZ listings for a "Day One Edition". 

Sounds like you might get SSB Goku/Vegeta just for getting that version now. 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Amazon recently updated their FighterZ listings for a "Day One Edition". 

Sounds like you might get SSB Goku/Vegeta just for getting that version now. 

As if we all needed another incentive to buy this day one. So looking forward to this.

On 18/12/2017 at 12:38 AM, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

AAAYYYY they did my favorite manga panel

DRPK8zVX4AAD7kM.jpg

DRPKq9WWsAAj6jT.jpg

Do we know if the characters will have just different color palettes or also different clothing? Also, I haven't seem any blood or ripped clothes too.

I don't think it's confirmed yet, but the way ArcSys does their games now, it'd be really difficult to include anything other than alternate palettes at launch. Guilty Gear XRD didn't have alternate costumes (neither did Revelator). A lot of work goes into developing the models to look this way.

They could add some through DLC. Add some costumes from other sagas and the likes of Hit or Beerus who didn't vary their look, they can give them costumes of either another Arc game or Jump manga

21 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

I keep hearing that the game is accessible to casuals, how is that?

Combos aren't as execution heavy as most other fighting games are, promoting more fundamental skill than technical skill and most of the characters play in a similar fashion so you can pick up new characters without having to learn a completely new set of rules with them like some other fighting games do (kinda like how SFV did things).

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

I though it was the other way around, that it wasn't accessible to casuals o.O 

I was thinking it would be like Marvel vs Capcom or Skullgirls, sure anyone can play, but do those crazy ass 50 hits combos (which are the awesome thing about these games)? Not in this life time xD I'll probably avoid playing online this one xD

The characters in the open beta will only be the first 11.

-SSJ Goku

-Super Vegeta

-SSJ2 Gohan

-Cell

-Freeza

-Fat Buu

-Trunks

-Android 18

-Android 16

-Krillin

-Piccolo

2 hours ago, Jango said:

I was thinking it would be like Marvel vs Capcom or Skullgirls, sure anyone can play, but do those crazy ass 50 hits combos (which are the awesome thing about these games)? Not in this life time xD I'll probably avoid playing online this one xD

That kinda comes with every fighting game though to be fair. No matter how accessible or complicated it is, the pros are always gonna have the advantage since they put in more time to getting better at the game than most people do.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

This is arc systems. It's easy enough to pick up and spam some moves but as stated above pros are going to come in from blazblue and guilty gear and demolish most. Give it about a month before people start asking for nerf s

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone who is trash at fighting games, I began training for the beta in SFV.

Something you guys should try befire the beta is:

Doing 10 Hadoukens in a row

Beating Ryu's trials

It wouldn't be smart to make a licensed game inaccessible to casual players, as they would be alienating a huuuuuuge amount of their potential customers. This was always likely to be a lot easier to get into (at least at a low level) than their previous games.

4 hours ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

It wouldn't be smart to make a licensed game inaccessible to casual players, as they would be alienating a huuuuuuge amount of their potential customers. This was always likely to be a lot easier to get into (at least at a low level) than their previous games.

If you think fightersz is going to be a casual gateway game you don't know arcs . They stated early on they want this at evo. Xenoverse is the game for casuals. They will make it flashy and fun but low entry this is not

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

If you think fightersz is going to be a casual gateway game you don't know arcs . They stated early on they want this at evo. Xenoverse is the game for casuals. They will make it flashy and fun but low entry this is not

Well no. I said it'll be easier for casual players to play at a lower level, but I don't mean to suggest that the game won't go deeper than that for pros.

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

Well no. I said it'll be easier for casual players to play at a lower level, but I don't mean to suggest that the game won't go deeper than that for pros.

Any fighter is easy at low levels. But many of those are the ones you'll see griping characters are op cause they jumped online and played  against a pro who juggled them in a corner. Raver used to be a beast but was nerfed into the ground in later games.  But that's the risk of a fighter

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Arc literally said they've made it not as complex as other fighters in this vain. It's also why people are praising this over MvC:I. It tried to do the same thing - making mechanics simpler for new players to dive in and get good with, requiring more just a fundamental skill as opposed to having to constantly remember techs and such. 

And seeing as I've talked to people who've gotten into the closed beta, they've confirmed this was the case, that FighterZ is very easy to pick up and learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Arc literally said they've made it not as complex as other fighters in this vain. It's also why people are praising this over MvC:I. It tried to do the same thing - making mechanics simpler for new players to dive in and get good with, requiring more just a fundamental skill as opposed to having to constantly remember techs and such. 

And seeing as I've talked to people who've gotten into the closed beta, they've confirmed this was the case, that FighterZ is very easy to pick up and learn.

Easy to pick up. Hard to master I have evo friends that have played the beta and demos and they have argued that why anyone can pick up a ryo and fire a hadoken 12 times in a row to use a bison or birdie takes time to master and destroy with.  I'm not saying they made the game untouchable to casual gamers but to think this is a game where anyone is going to be fighting next to laximillian just isn't going to happen. Capcom said the same thing with adv and it's far from online friendly

The game is literally "easy ti get into, hard to master".

There are autocombos for begginers who can't create their own, but those are weaker than normal combos.

Most moves also require the Hadouken input which may take a little to perform if you're a beginner like me.

Besides that, you can fo some pretty big combos when you learn how to use your assists. I for example saw a 100 hits combo around July which says a lot.

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Easy to pick up. Hard to master I have evo friends that have played the beta and demos and they have argued that why anyone can pick up a ryo and fire a hadoken 12 times in a row to use a bison or birdie takes time to master and destroy with.  I'm not saying they made the game untouchable to casual gamers but to think this is a game where anyone is going to be fighting next to laximillian just isn't going to happen. Capcom said the same thing with adv and it's far from online friendly

Well of course. Any game that has a decent fighting system is going to be "easy to play, hard to master". But your friend's analogy fails a bit because SF's fighting system from what I've played is one of the more in-depth ones. Yeah, anyone can pick up a character and throw a hadoken 12 times. Same way anyone can play Tekken and button-mash Eddie to land hits. 

This game is going to be a game to allow casual players to try and get to grips with fighters. That's not going to mean that every single player who plays the game will be on the same level. Being a game for casuals means letting casuals jump in and play it to a decent level without confusing them and without making it impossible to improve without a ton of dedicated time to learning techs and other such things.