Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Well of course. Any game that has a decent fighting system is going to be "easy to play, hard to master". But your friend's analogy fails a bit because SF's fighting system from what I've played is one of the more in-depth ones. Yeah, anyone can pick up a character and throw a hadoken 12 times. Same way anyone can play Tekken and button-mash Eddie to land hits. 

This game is going to be a game to allow casual players to try and get to grips with fighters. That's not going to mean that every single player who plays the game will be on the same level. Being a game for casuals means letting casuals jump in and play it to a decent level without confusing them and without making it impossible to improve without a ton of dedicated time to learning techs and other such things.

I had a literal shock hearing that sfv is much easier than say the alpha series or third strike.  lord the 3rd strike days. True there will be many new players on it cause the word dbz. But I doubt this game  will a game many can learn with dedicated time. Even I struggle in tekken without taking time to learn it. Tech's. Block grabs. Zoning. As stated easy combos were in skullgirl i think. But that type of gameplay flew hard out the window a few weeks in when peacock was corner wrecking. I have many friends getting this as one of their first fighters and cause it's dbz. I'm just trying to tell them early on don't gripe late

rr when you go online and get floored. Cause that's what a lot of players I see on evo boards and local state tourneys

12 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I had a literal shock hearing that sfv is much easier than say the alpha series or third strike.  lord the 3rd strike days. True there will be many new players on it cause the word dbz. But I doubt this game  will a game many can learn with dedicated time. Even I struggle in tekken without taking time to learn it. Tech's. Block grabs. Zoning. As stated easy combos were in skullgirl i think. But that type of gameplay flew hard out the window a few weeks in when peacock was corner wrecking. I have many friends getting this as one of their first fighters and cause it's dbz. I'm just trying to tell them early on don't gripe late

rr when you go online and get floored. Cause that's what a lot of players I see on evo boards and local state tourneys

Well then let's make a tournament just between us here and not add you in, since we all suck anyways ;P

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Well then let's make a tournament just between us here and not add you in, since we all suck anyways ;P

Ouch my heart lol well then I'll be sure to let us evos have wanted posters of you all lol

How I'm sure most casuals will be first week lol

Only dlc I care to see is kale

Hmm.

Well the fact Vegeta, Krillin, and 18 are named "Tournament of Power participants" as a team, combined with Hit's addition, certainly raises the possibility of other ToP characters getting added down the line.

I'll be paying top dollar for any Bergamo addition. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...is that your Twitter account or do we happen to know the same user?

I'd like a Bergamo DLC too, but I see it hard to become a thing...

Just add Caulifla. She's the only ToP character that matters anyway. :smirk:

Also, are there any pictures or videos with all of Hit's alternate colors?

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Just add Caulifla. She's the only ToP character that matters anyway. :smirk:

Also, are there any pictures or videos with all of Hit's alternate colors?

Jiren wants a word with you

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

What's he gonna do? Bland me to death?

He's gonna stare you to death more like it. Watch yourself

Jiren's been pretty dull so far, so I wouldn't be particularly excited to see him in the game. Hell, I'd be way more psyched to see Anilaza and how the developers would handle his size and moves.

22 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

Jiren's been pretty dull so far, so I wouldn't be particularly excited to see him in the game. Hell, I'd be way more psyched to see Anilaza and how the developers would handle his size and moves.

No matter what you do the outcome will be the same. He looks hella pissed now

4 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Wait...is that your Twitter account or do we happen to know the same user?

We know the same user :P

4 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

I'd like a Bergamo DLC too, but I see it hard to become a thing...

I don't know. I could see them adding one fighter from the other universes.

Bergamo's been getting plenty of attention in the other games and in merchandise relative to most minor characters, so he'd for sure be under consideration if they wanted to add people from the Tournament arc.

Kale, Cabba, Caulifla, Katoplesa, Ribrianne, Toppo, Jiren, Bergamo. Plenty of potential from the ToP crowd for fighters. 

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as I like the TOP arc, I think we should have a more diverse Season Pass.

1. Merged Zamasu

2. Vegetto Blue

3. Kefla

4. Omega Shenron

5. SSJ4 Gogeta 

6. Jackie Chun 

7. Bergamo (with Basil and Lavender)

8. Tapion (can become Hirudegarn who is smaller to make him playable)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Kale, Cabba, Caulifla, Katoplesa, Ribrianne, Toppo, Jiren, Bergamo. Plenty of potential from the ToP crowd for fighters. 

What with the Bergamo, Obuni, Katoplesa, and Ganos cards that are coming out for Heroes, I'm guessing that's giving us an idea where the verdict is on the minor universes.

If we're discussing DLC characters I know a MUST have. Caulifla AND Kale as a team. Those two worked well in sync so I can imagine Caulifla doing some speedy combo's with Kale providing a big whack in her Berserk form. This way we don't need to make them as seperate characters too :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt well get both as a team it will he fusion or both of them sepeeate. But I doubt 2 spots will go to them. There's a decent pool to pick from

1 hour ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Bergamo's been getting plenty of attention in the other games and in merchandise relative to most minor characters, so he'd for sure be under consideration if they wanted to add people from the Tournament arc.

Really? i mean aside from Heroes and Dokkan Battle(both of which are know for scraping the bottom of the barrel for playable characters) have any member of the Trio been push heavily marketing wise?

Maybe something like this for the Season Pass would be alright:

1.Caulifla (w/ Kale)

2. Kefla

3. Jiren

4. Kid Goku

5. SSJ4 Gogeta

6. Tao Pai Pai

7. Jaco

8. Bojack

You know, Caulifla could just briefly go full Kefla as her ultimate, similar to how normal Goku goes Super Saiyan 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Harkofthewaa said:

You know, Caulifla could just briefly go full Kefla as her ultimate, similar to how normal Goku goes Super Saiyan 3.

That's fine with me. Design-wise, I far prefer Caulifla. Personality-wise they're the same. All Kefla has over Caulifla is that she's more powerful.

8 hours ago, CD Sanic said:

Really? i mean aside from Heroes and Dokkan Battle(both of which are know for scraping the bottom of the barrel for playable characters) have any member of the Trio been push heavily marketing wise?

Well I mean it's telling who was introduced in Heroes and Dokkan first. We get the Universe 6 people first, indicating their importance, and then from the minor universes, we got Bergamo, Ganos, etc. As far as I know, they're not introducing every character from the minor universes, so they are presumably reflecting the ones Toei sees as most important and most likely to get future attention.

315oPp1KaqL.jpg

As for Bergamo, he's the only one of the non-U6, U7, U11 ToP fighters to get a figurine as far as I know (what's rather interesting is Bergamo's figurine came out with Jiren and Goku Black's). On that subject, the only God of Destruction from the minor universes to get a figurine is Quitela.

Bergamo and his brothers also all got a sticker together, but it seems the stickers are far less picky as to who gets one (understandably due to production costs).

Basically. What I'm saying is that when we have these items, additions, etc. that come out in small bursts, who gets chosen for the set would indicate some level of importance, or at least consideration for future items. Basically, the signs say that if there's a Tournament of Power arc, Bergamo would get a lot of consideration.

I'm going to take Basil stealing the show in episode 97 as a ploy to make Universe 9's loss in the next episode more shocking, rather than necessarily an indication of what will be done with him in the future. 

Lavender? He's the Omega of this wolf pack. And it reflects in the fanbase; almost all the Trio de Dangers fans only care about Bergamo and Basil.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marcello said:

Maybe something like this for the Season Pass would be alright:

1.Caulifla (w/ Kale)

2. Kefla

3. Jiren

4. Kid Goku

5. SSJ4 Gogeta

6. Tao Pai Pai

7. Jaco

8. Bojack

I agree with most of the cast besides Jiren. He doesn't have any moves besides Power Impact and the eye thing.

That and I don't see them doing both Caulifla and Kefla. I'd rather have Caulifla and Kale with a Kefla install like @The Tenth Doctor said.

I think Jiren is inevitable what with him being the main antagonist of the ToP. 

As I said Kefla being Caulifla's special is preferable to me, too. I don't want Kale as her own character either, though. I think her being like 17 would be better.