Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

1 minute ago, Ice Vec said:

I think the inevitable one will be Broly

And I will ignore his presence as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Good luck with that XD

Unless there's a trophy for playing as every single character or anything like that, I'm not touching Broly.

Yeah, Broly is inevitable, too. I was going to put him instead of Bojack, but then I decided to go nuts. xD

I'm not really bothered. Design-wise he's pretty cool and it's not like his personality will be there much.

26 minutes ago, Jango said:

Why people suddenly hate Broly now?  Back in my day he was the shit, especially in Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi.

I hate Broly as a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because he's an awful, shallow manchild of a character? I remember it was a while after I got into the series that I watched any of the movies, but boy, was he a disappointment.

Strength is all he has and that means nothing in a series where everyone gets stronger every arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Why people suddenly hate Broly now?  Back in my day he was the shit, especially in Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi.

Because his entire character can be summed up as Anime Hulk, with a shit motivation for being so ("He cried a lot, for like, three hours, terrorizing my son."), and overall he symbolizes the parts of Dragon Ball that tend to get made fun of.

• Fist Bump 1

I just want Vegito for DLC. 

Seriously, how do you have two versions of Gohan but leave out possibly the most popular fusion character of the whole lot? No, better yet, the one character who fights nearly exclusively with his legs while maintaining a smug smile as he fights, uses some of the more unique techniques like Spirit Sword and has come back recently in Super like Frieza did.

Yeah, SS Vegetto or (Vegito, IDK) has to be in this, and his transformation has to be SS Blue.

GT Goku please or SS4 somehow.

I just don't know how a child size character would work in this game, kid Goku would be even smaller than Krillin or Gotenks I believe. 

Also, I want costumes :( Shirtless -legendary- SS Goku please.

Broly would add to the game moveset wise with his unique build and grappler kind of fighting style. I'm happy to have him put in.

He's kind of a trashy character but...y'know, he's a Dragon Ball Villain. Comes with the territory. The cool factor makes up for it.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just want Vegito for DLC. 

Seriously, how do you have two versions of Gohan but leave out possibly the most popular fusion character of the whole lot? No, better yet, the one character who fights nearly exclusively with his legs while maintaining a smug smile as he fights, uses some of the more unique techniques like Spirit Sword and has come back recently in Super like Frieza did.

You do that to rake in that DLC cash. Of all the possibilities, he has to be number one.

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Broly would add to the game moveset wise with his unique build and grappler kind of fighting style. I'm happy to have him put in.

He's kind of a trashy character but...y'know, he's a Dragon Ball Villain. Comes with the territory. The cool factor makes up for it.

If Broly got in, I hope they'd recreate this attack from Budokai - 

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If Broly got in, I hope they'd recreate this attack from Budokai - 

That looks cool.

But can we please , for ONE game, not have the giant manchild called Broly?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, DiamondX said:

That looks cool.

But can we please , for ONE game, not have the giant manchild called Broly?

Considering in FighterZ he'd actually have a unique moveset and niche to fill in terms of fighting (As mentioned above - a potential grappler fighting style, it makes sense people want him in. I'm not even that big a fan of Broly and I wouldn't mind him being added. 

I'd rather the character have a reason to be added and have good ideas behind them rather than just being shoved in for the hell of it. Broly for once has the excuse that he has something other fighters might not be able to fulfil.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Considering in FighterZ he'd actually have a unique moveset and niche to fill in terms of fighting (As mentioned above - a potential grappler fighting style, it makes sense people want him in. I'm not even that big a fan of Broly and I wouldn't mind him being added. 

I'd rather the character have a reason to be added and have good ideas behind them rather than just being shoved in for the hell of it. Broly for once has the excuse that he has something other fighters might not be able to fulfil.

We do have a grappler already. Android 16.

But for once I guess I have to accept Broly.

8 hours ago, Jango said:

Because a crap ton of people love him, as well as being over hyped....even Bardock I'd say is arguably more overhyped now despite his whole point is he is supposed to be a nobody, yet keeps getting celestial treatment because of his relations to Goku. But Bardock at least has a better character.....if you don't look into any material outside his tv special.

Broly ain't even the worst villain of the 13 early movies. He's not exactly a good character, but is more of a raw force of power fantasy. It's really his sequel movies that make the big lug offer pretty much nothing. I'd take Broly over Wheelo, 13, Hildegarn, Janemba (Even if his powers are way cooler but his character is worse), Slug, Bojack, and Cooler since Cooler is just Freeza again but with a Freeza complex (But ignoring that he can be a better character, as he's based on a better one). Maybe Garlic Jr too. He doesn't touch the likes of Freeza, Cell, Vegeta, or Fat Boo....unless it's Kid Boo who's also the force of nature type. But really it's hardly a complement from me as all the movie villains before Beerus (Who is really just an antagonist at the time) weren't really good anyways. He also doesn't touch the likes of the Dragon Ball villains either.

3 hours ago, DiamondX said:

We do have a grappler already. Android 16.

Yeah but most of the roster is rushdown characters to keep with their canon fighting styles. We have one grappler and a few zoners otherwise, but the roster needs as much variety as it can get imo.

No body will mind if I give out my predictions and self indulgent wishlist for the DLC?

Possible Predictions based on random guess work.

1. Raditz - Dude is a important part of the DBZ lore being the first guy Goku and Piccolo fight, fighting style however is a little tricky since from what I've heard, the guy doesn't have much in terms of uniqueness going from him aside from his scouter. Still, he's been in a hell of a lot of fighting games and I'm sure Arc Systems might come up with something interesting if pushed by Bamco. Odds of getting in: Not too sure...

2. Broly - Big dude who plays like a power fantasy. Broly would work well as an aggressive grappling or submission tank but his origins let him down immensely. Arc Systems would have their work cut out for them if they put him in story wise. Odds of getting in: High

3. Bardock - Oh joy another saiyan. Bardock was and still is popular, so much so that Toriyama incorporated him into his stories... for better or worse. I have no idea how he'd play like... maybe a cross between Goku or Adult Gohan? *shrugs* I'm sure Bardock fans could come up with something better. Odds of getting in: Not too sure...

4. Dabura with Babadi- Don't really remember too much about these two fighting style wise but I reckon Babadi would make a good troll with his magic. Odds of getting in: Not too sure...

5. Vegito - For better or worse he's got the biggest chance of getting in the game. Got some unique moves and is extremely popular pretty much everywhere. Odds of getting in: High

6. Coola - Out of all the movie villians aside from Broly I reckon Coola has a decent chance. His fifth form would make a wicked cool finisher. Odds of getting in: Slim.

7. Roshi - I mean the old man has quite a few tricky moves like the Thunder Shock Surprise, Mafuba and Hypnosis. If all else fails break out the Max Power form and bring the pain. Odds of getting in: High

8. Chi chi/Vidal - O.K. I might be pushing it with this one but with 18 being the only chick in the house so far and me being so used to seeing lots of ladies in fighting games I though it would be nice to see either Vidal being a female grappler or Chi Chi being more comical and use her fan to attack and for her finisher she could have that comical rage boost that appears from time to time pop up in the game. Odds of either of them getting in: Slim to none.

Self indulgent wishlist. If any of these characters I mentioned got in I'll be very happy.

1. Botamo with Auto Magetta - Two big lugs for the price of one! Botamo is a bit of a sponge and being able to summon his buddy to smack you around would be cool. You could also swap them with Salonel and Pirina or Kale and Caulifla! Any of those combos are uber cool in my eyes. 

2. Ribrianne - I love magical girls and this silly parody is no exception. She's got some cool moves and I'd imagine the few who do like her and git gud with her would have a blast mining endless salt online. Sadly I would not be one of them cause I suck at fighters and don't like being online.

3. Pikkon - You remember this guy? One of the best filler characters from Z. He's just so cool and yet so goofy at the same time. 

4. Whis - What's a GoD to an angel? I reckon Whis would just be awesome to play as, smacking folks with that fancy stick.

5. Princess Snake - I'm not going to lie, I'm just putting her on the list cause I like snakes.

6. Jaco - He's sporty, goofy and has a ray gun, plus he did that wall run in Resurection F that I thought was cool.

7. Uub - No real reason, I just really like the kid.

8. Jiren - It's the space booty and those big goggly eyes. How could anyone resist such a combo of dreamyness.  O.K. I'll be serious, I'd rather take Jiren as my wall than Broly.

4 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Japan hates Broly though. They even commented on the fact that they are surprised the West likes him that much.

He was a surprise.  two movies. Multiple games. A ss3 form for him and multiple  times seen in heroes. If they wanted they easily didn't have to keep adding him to gsmes or giving him various forms.

On 28/12/2017 at 4:27 AM, Mightyray said:

8. Chi chi/Vidal - O.K. I might be pushing it with this one but with 18 being the only chick in the house so far and me being so used to seeing lots of ladies in fighting games I though it would be nice to see either Vidal being a female grappler or Chi Chi being more comical and use her fan to attack and for her finisher she could have that comical rage boost that appears from time to time pop up in the game. Odds of either of them getting in: Slim to none.

Videl by herself has better chances. Then for other female options there's Zangya, Kale/Caulifla/Kefla, Towa and Pan.

And...what about Champa just to antagonize with Beerus?