Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

Honestly for females your looking a video and kale and caulifia. I highly doubt they will add in to many characters. We don't need a tekken situation.

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Videl by herself has better chances. Then for other female options there's Zangya, Kale/Caulifla/Kefla, Towa and Pan.

And...what about Champa just to antagonize with Beerus?

I was mainly trying to remember the fighters that popped up in Z that left a real strong impression. I did mention Kale and Caulifla in my self indulgent list though I should have talked about them more along with Sal and Prini. 

I haven't bothered to play the games Towa was in but she's got a cool design I'll give her that. I was also thinking of putting Pan next to Uub on the self indulgent list but I couldn't be bothered... Zangya may have been cool in the games but all she was notable to me was she's a bad guy and she ended being blown to bits for being in Bojack's road. 

I didn't really think about Champa either. 

I did make the list on fly with in about 10 minutes so it's to be expected I'll miss someone via forgetfulness or disinterest. :sweat_smile: 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it was confirmed the Xenoverse 3 was in the works by i was thinking, now that we have this game, what’s the point in continuing the Arena style games? 

27 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

I know it was confirmed the Xenoverse 3 was in the works by i was thinking, now that we have this game, what’s the point in continuing the Arena style games? 

People like different things.

And ASW doesn't work only on Blaz Blue and this game.

6 hours ago, SSJ Purpura DimaondX said:

People like different things.

And ASW doesn't work only on Blaz Blue and this game.

Based on what i've seen, people are bashing Xenoverse ever since FighterZ was revealed,  not to mention FighterZ has a more lasting appeal.

4 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

Based on what i've seen, people are bashing Xenoverse ever since FighterZ was revealed,  not to mention FighterZ has a more lasting appeal.

There are still many Xenoverse fan, me included.

If people stopped caring about Xenoverse after Fighter Z was announced it wouldn't have sold an additional 500k on the Switch.

Xenoverse 3 will sell very well.

Yeah, people are being over dramatic about the Xenoverse hate. When TeamFourStar put Xenoverse at the bottom of their list of favourite games, there was a lot of anger. They put a lot of hate on it (they come really arrogant about it really) but many people jumped in saying how its decent. Yeah, Fighter Z looks amazing but Xenoverse has a good and loyal fanbase.

FighterZ and Xenoverse have both different targets. Yeah, both are for DB fans, but while FighterZ aspires to reach a more competitive audience, Xenoverse is appealing to the more casual audience. I like FighterZ for what has achieved, but I still like Xenoverse and the ability to customize my own OC

• Thumbs Up 3

So I initially wasn’t that into this game. I thought it looked fun enough but with the constant news coming of it being on the more competitive end of fighters (a genre I have next to no real experience in) I was hesitant. Well, fast forward to now with the beta and honestly... I’m sold. I’m still going to wait on some of the initial reviews before pre-ordering on Steam (and pray to Kami that version is good because I want my 4K man) but I’ve been having a lot of fun with the beta. Not to mention that this game looks gorgeous as hell.

I love how we’re barely 2 weeks in and I think I’ve already decided what the best looking game of the year is going to be for me.

Now this is why you have betas and demos people *prepares wallet*.

Also, quick question for those of you who have been playing. Do you prefer to use the d-pad or the analog sticks when playing? Having come from Injustice 2, I was aiming to keep using the d-pad for movement but I’m starting to find that the analog sticks are easier to use for combos (especially the quarter circle stuff).

4 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

So I initially wasn’t that into this game. I thought it looked fun enough but with the constant news coming of it being on the more competitive end of fighters (a genre I have next to no real experience in) I was hesitant. Well, fast forward to now with the beta and honestly... I’m sold. I’m still going to wait on some of the initial reviews before pre-ordering on Steam (and pray to Kami that version is good because I want my 4K man) but I’ve been having a lot of fun with the beta. Not to mention that this game looks gorgeous as hell.

I love how we’re barely 2 weeks in and I think I’ve already decided what the best looking game of the year is going to be for me.

Now this is why you have betas and demos people *prepares wallet*.

Also, quick question for those of you who have been playing. Do you prefer to use the d-pad or the analog sticks when playing? Having come from Injustice 2, I was aiming to keep using the d-pad for movement but I’m starting to find that the analog sticks are easier to use for combos (especially the quarter circle stuff).

D-Pad is more accurate IMO.

In the Toriyama art she has normal eyes, but in-game she has black and red ones. I wonder if he gave her a tail, because in his memory, Buu had a tail xD

I prefer the base Android 21, too. I really liked the checkerboard pattern dress.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game has leaked. Be wary of story spoilers if you're so inclined:

Spoiler

- There are three story modes, but they don't run congruent with one another, so only one is the True Story.

- Kid Buu, Teen Gohan, and Future Trunks have no bearing on the plot. Even among those that do have screentime, Goku, Bulma, Krillin, Piccolo, Cell, 21, and 16 are the ones with top billing in all three plots. Even Vegeta's a side-character for the most part. Freeza, naturally, spotlights his own story mode though, and 18 spotlights hers.

- Goku, Freeza, and 18, in their story modes, are all possessed by a human soul that helps draw out their power. The Earth has been subject to an energy wave suppressor that handicaps everyone, except for Beerus who doesn't really give a damn about anything happening. 

- The theories were correct: 21 is the biological mother of the basis for Android 16. 21 is a human model like 17 and 18. The 16 in this game is a replica with the original 16's programming installed, and 21 created 16 out of desire to having a sense of family once her issue is resolved.

- Android 21 is essentially a more-refined version of Cell. Where Cell can take energy from humans and can use the twin Androids to evolve, 21 gets a more potent effect from the same thing and achieves massive power boosts from everything. She even assimilates Cell himself in 18's campaign, karmically enough. Or rather, one of her does...

- Android 21's energy system means that she constantly has to have this energy provided to her lest she go berserk, presumably from the Majin cells accumulated while Buu has been on Earth - the Red Ribbon spybot network has apparently been functioning still after all this time. 21 is good at heart, but this craving caused a split personality that she desperately tries to control. She fails to do this in all three stories; two of them, she succumbs to it, and in 18's, the evil side splits off from 21, just like Evil Buu did.

- In one of Android 21's evil episodes, she makes it to New Namek and calls upon Porunga to revive all the villains in the roster, to use for the clone project. Every villain was also given an artificial soul to attempt to limit their power. Cell completely overpowers his. 

- 16 was partially created to help 21 with this evil side, but he dies in all three stories, each one from 21's evil half. 16's death in 18's story is what causes the split of the two 21s. Gohan never meets him.

- The clones are running amok on Earth to satisfy Evil 21s cravings. She can eat them just like she can organics, but it doesn't provide as much an effect as organics do. The stronger the clones, the better the sweet, and the greater the boost. Each story mode's central goal is Gotta Kill Em All to coax 21 to come out for the final showdown, herself the control switch for the energy wave suppressor.

- 21 is killed in standard fare in Goku's and Freeza's story mode, but in 18's, she's got more power because of being unrestrained and having Cell's power. They try a Spirit Bomb to take her down, but like Kid Buu before her, Evil 21 can hold her ground. The Good 21 flies underneath the Spirit Bomb and bear hugs the Evil 21, making her lose her grip on the Bomb and kill them both. Whis surmises that 21 realized that her uncontrollable hunger for energy would be a hindrance in the future if she stayed alive, so chose to end it.

- The Dragonballs are brought up as a means to bring back 21, but Goku actually turns down the idea, feeling that her sacrifice would be undermined if she was brought back. He instead decides to consult King Yemma about reincarnating 21.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, for the two of you here who have a One you're in luck!

Meanwhile, my dumbass will be waiting for Friday as I left my One back at home...

Also... just going to put it out there, now would've been a great time for a PC beta too. Like, the game is already out in the wild so there's no point in trying to protect against data leaks. I'll just have to pray to Zeno that the PC version goes out on Friday with little hiccup. That or I'll have to rush into center city after class and put the GS gift card I've been saving to use finally (did bring the PS4 XD).

You know, I've been thinking about who I'd like to see come in as DLC. Shoot me for saying this if you must, but I'd like to see SSJ4 Goku and/or Vegeta.

Wow nobody is talking about it even though it just released today? thats surprising.

Think I'm gonna be maining SSB Vegeta. I like his heavy combos and his double decker finisher.

It seems the DLC characters may have been leaked through data mining:

Spoiler
  • Broly
  • Bardock
  • Zamasu (With Fused?)
  • Vegito (Blue?)
  • Cooler
  • Android 17 (Ranger)
  • Base Goku
  • Base Vegeta

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-fighterz-datamined-dlc-characters-revealed.19232/

Really terrible list.

Edit: OK, seems like these are lobby avatars and simply assumed to also be actual characters.