Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

I would like base Goku if he could do the Genki Dama and transform into SS God (like Frieza can transform into Gold). Would gladly trade it with GT Goku (SS4 transformation) tho'. 

Base Vegeta has nothing special, really. Now, if it was Majin Vegeta.

Fuck yeah Vegito, but fuck off 17.

The rest... Could be interesting. Pretty sure Bardock will get in eventually, same as Broly. Cooler? Zamasu? Meh.

Give us Roshi and Mr. Satan, Bamco!

The only characters we can say they have a huge chance to be DLC is Base Goku and Base Vegeta since their models are in the game.

(No, it's not the ones before they transform)

They've found Vegito's model too, so assume those 3 characters are DLC.

The other rumored characters(Cooler, Broly, Bardock, Zamasu, Android 17) are likely too

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

They've found Vegito's model too, so assume those 3 characters are DLC.

The other rumored characters(Cooler, Broly, Bardock, Zamasu, Android 17) are likely too

Vegetto's model is fake.

What we know so far is:

1) Chibi Avatars:

-Goku (Base)

-Vegeta(Base)

-Ranger #17 (DBS)

-Cooler

-Bardock

-Broly

-Merged Zamasu

-Vegetto (I think it was both SSJ and SSB)

2)Models:

-Goku (Base)

-Vegeta(Base)

-DBS Trunks with Sword of Hope

-SSJ2 Gohan with Piccolo cape

SSJ2 Gohan with the cape wasn't actually found, they found a model of Gohan's cape alone and it's been rumoured to be a cut piece of content where Teen Gohan had the cape.

If I had to guess, I say his original opening would've been Gohan taking off the cape similar to Piccolo before going SSJ2, only for it to be cut/shortened.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have loved to see Gohan take his cape off for an intro. Oh well.

There's a claim on Resetera that Cooler and 17's avatars are less likely to mean they are DLC and that two characters have only just begun development. I don't know why but the OP of the leak thread highlighted this person's comment. Either way, that potential list of 8 is so not up my alley (outside of Merged Zamasu and Vegito, but even then they are fusions of characters already in the game). The idea of Base Goku and Vegeta gets all my UGH.

I'd rather have Raditz and Bardock than Base Goku and Vegeta. Hell, I'd much rather Goku and Vegeta's SS4 forms if we must have a third version of Goku and Vegeta than base to be honest. 

• Fist Bump 1

I don't understand why they did not made a Switch version. Most of the latest titles do have the console power problem as an argument, but for DBFZ it does not make any sense.

The game is ridiculously light for a AAA-Priced title (only ~5GB) and even my 7 year-old PC [Phenon II X6 1090T/8GB RAM/GTX 550 Ti] managed to run it with the almost the highest graphic settings, except for the 200% resolution scaling.

Even if they do make a late release, it will have lower sales because of the time-gap away from the hype moment (which is... now). I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

I don't understand why they did not made a Switch version. Most of the latest titles do have the console power problem as an argument, but for DBFZ it does not make any sense.

The game is ridiculously light for a AAA-Priced title (only ~5GB) and even my 7 year-old PC [Phenon II X6 1090T/8GB RAM/GTX 550 Ti] managed to run it with the almost the highest graphic settings, except for the 200% resolution scaling.

Even if they do make a late release, it will have lower sales because of the time-gap away from the hype moment (which is... now). I don't get it.

Well there are probably two or three reasons as to why we haven't seen a Switch port yet. The morally best of them is that Bamco wanted/ needed to give that version some extra time in the oven in order to make sure the Switch can output it at the highest possible settings without crumbling. To fine tune it basically. Fighting games have to be rock solid in performance so you can't just half ass the ports by simply lowering the settings. That and the game heavily relies on that art style so it'd probably be best not to cut corners where ever remotely possible. Even though the game is pretty light, the Switch still isn't all that powerful.

Second, and the more likely option, is that at the time of Bamco commissioning the game they were still unsure about how successful the Switch was actually going to be. Add in that little deal with Microsoft they had and the Switch probably wasn't their top priority in the early to mid stages of development. By the time it was evident that the Switch was a viable platform, it was probably much to late to plan for a port on it alongside the others. They're probably working on it now for a later release to catch those Switch only players.

The third and also common reason is that they're purposely holding back the Switch version to let the other versions get more sales in. This is a trick deployed by publishers all the time when it comes to PC ports. These versions have specific features that simply outweigh the others (the PC being just an all around better experience and the Switch for its mobility) so the publishers know that there is a huge crowd who will just buy it on those systems if they can. If they hold back the release of these versions then it forces consumers to buy it on their second choice of hardware with the likelihood of catching that coveted second purchase later down the line with the release of other versions. A classic example of this is GTA 5 where the game sold amazingly with its initial release but then doubly so later on with the PC release (not to mention a separate One and PS4 release before then too). I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco is pulling a similar trick here. To basically get people to buy it for the stationary platforms but then offer some form of ultimate edition later on for "on the go" play. They know that there's a sizable group that will buy the game again due to this.

That or they're simply not making a port for it... would be a dumb move on their part but it's certainly possible.

6 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Well there are probably two or three reasons as to why we haven't seen a Switch port yet. The morally best of them is that Bamco wanted/ needed to give that version some extra time in the oven in order to make sure the Switch can output it at the highest possible settings without crumbling. To fine tune it basically. Fighting games have to be rock solid in performance so you can't just half ass the ports by simply lowering the settings. That and the game heavily relies on that art style so it'd probably be best not to cut corners where ever remotely possible. Even though the game is pretty light, the Switch still isn't all that powerful.

Second, and the more likely option, is that at the time of Bamco commissioning the game they were still unsure about how successful the Switch was actually going to be. Add in that little deal with Microsoft they had and the Switch probably wasn't their top priority in the early to mid stages of development. By the time it was evident that the Switch was a viable platform, it was probably much to late to plan for a port on it alongside the others. They're probably working on it now for a later release to catch those Switch only players.

The third and also common reason is that they're purposely holding back the Switch version to let the other versions get more sales in. This is a trick deployed by publishers all the time when it comes to PC ports. These versions have specific features that simply outweigh the others (the PC being just an all around better experience and the Switch for its mobility) so the publishers know that there is a huge crowd who will just buy it on those systems if they can. If they hold back the release of these versions then it forces consumers to buy it on their second choice of hardware with the likelihood of catching that coveted second purchase later down the line with the release of other versions. A classic example of this is GTA 5 where the game sold amazingly with its initial release but then doubly so later on with the PC release (not to mention a separate One and PS4 release before then too). I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco is pulling a similar trick here. To basically get people to buy it for the stationary platforms but then offer some form of ultimate edition later on for "on the go" play. They know that there's a sizable group that will buy the game again due to this.

That or they're simply not making a port for it... would be a dumb move on their part but it's certainly possible.

Sure, they should deliver a game with 60 fps since it's a fighting game, but I do run at 60 fps with these settings [All highest settings, Res. Scale 100%] I mentioned - and I'm pretty sure the Switch is more powerful than my PC.

I'm not quite sure about the PC sales of GTA. They are setting at 10 mil, which is impressive for a late release, but a number very low compared to the console numbers... Although the result was good, the game ended up very optimized.

I can not think of many games that can run at full 60 fps in 1080p on my switch.  Also as a fighting game fan I can say they want to see this at evo. They said that early on.  and in fighting games you need systems that can hold that without dips that could cost you a match. In xenoverse it's not a big deal since it's not a tourney style evo title.

11 hours ago, Korke said:

Sure, they should deliver a game with 60 fps since it's a fighting game, but I do run at 60 fps with these settings [All highest settings, Res. Scale 100%] I mentioned - and I'm pretty sure the Switch is more powerful than my PC.

Well lets take a closer look at that. The Nvidia Tegra X1 chip that the Switch basically has is a tablet chip. A powerful one by any means, but a tablet chip nonetheless. With that being said, it's internal clock speed (even when docked mined you) doesn't even reach that chip's full potential coming in at around 768mhz. Your GTX 550 ti on the other hand is around 900mhz. To put this into better terms you would score around an 80,000 on Ice Storm 1.2 (one of 3DMark's gpu test) while the Tegra X1 would pull in around 57,000 (not even the Switch mind you as it takes off almost 30% of the chips power). While these are still rough estimates as there's no clear way to actually test the Switch with such software, it still paints a pretty clear picture as to what's going on here.

Basically, don't knock your laptop here man as it's actually substantially more powerful than the Switch. The Switch just isn't that powerful by most definitions and I think it speaks volumes to the work devs have to do to make things run smoothly on there. Though, even with all that work these ports still often have dips which, like @Meta77 said, is a simple death sentence for a fighting game like this. Hell, even most of Nintendo's software suffer from substantial frame drops in places.

Even with how popular the Switch is becoming, there is a clear reason as to why we're not seeing that many more games coming out on it. It's going to take time for devs to further tune it. DBFZ can more than likely run well on it, but with the visuals it has, people will be able to easily tell how much was lost in translation. It's going to take a lot of work to get the game presentable on that hardware.

11 hours ago, Korke said:

I'm not quite sure about the PC sales of GTA. They are setting at 10 mil, which is impressive for a late release, but a number very low compared to the console numbers... Although the result was good, the game ended up very optimized.

The point here is that those sales wouldn't even be there if the PC version had shipped with the original releases. What you basically had were a large amount of PC players who would've brought the game on it no matter what if it had been available (bringing down those initial console sales). Since it wasn't, they got it on their second platform/ console. When the PC version did release, you basically had that large group buying the game again. It's a common strategy publishers deploy. Whether it'd be quietly in this case or they make a show of it through remasters and the like. It's all basically getting consumers to buy the same piece of code twice by releasing it on the next hottest platform at the time. Like, not to put down the consumers that do too. Hell, I'm definitely guilty of it as there are some games I love enough to buy twice for a better experience (at least in terms of remasters).

Seriously though, give this a couple of months. Watch them come out with the Switch version and note it's "portability" factor and see it sell well because of it. Even to people who already have the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, Cooler? He's okay I guess. Metal Cooler could be cooler (ha!), imagine a gameplay like Ultron's from Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, with the clones and shit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jango said:

WELP.

THAT'S... cool I guess? Also, Bardock goes SS for his super apparently. Do we have a price or release date?

No and no.