Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

Eh real talk, not a fan of either of these guys. The last thing this game needed were more goku clonessaiyans. I know they're fan favorites but I was really hoping they'd drop at least one of them for variety's sake.

I know they were to be expected but this is honestly a pretty disappointing start for the DLC imo. The worst part is that I know this won't even be the end of it. Heaven knows they're itching to shove both Vegito and Super Saiyan 4 up in here. Like, where's Roshi? Jaco? Videl... Hell, where are the women in general? Here's hoping the next characters are a bit more unique.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Eh real talk, not a fan of either of these guys. The last thing this game needed were more goku clonessaiyans. I know they're fan favorites but I was really hoping they'd drop at least one of them for variety's sake.

I know they were to be expected but this is honestly a pretty disappointing start for the DLC imo. The worst part is that I know this won't even be the end of it. Heaven knows they're itching to shove both Vegito and Super Saiyan 4 up in here. Like, where's Roshi? Jaco? Videl... Hell, where are the women in general? Here's hoping the next characters are a bit more unique.

DB barely has female fighters.

Also, don't trash-talk my man Vegetto.

3 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

DB barely has female fighters.

Also, don't trash-talk my man Vegetto.

Which is honestly why they should be trying to get at least Videl and Chi-Chi (possibly Kelfa if they love saiyans so much) in there. I know full well that DB just doesn't have that many female fighters but the ones they do have make for great options. Certainly better than yet another Goku. It's sort of crazy to me how we only have two in there at this point (and one was made specifically for this game).

Also I know Vegito is a significant character but honestly... seeing as the game already has two sets of Vegeta and 3 sets of Goku... It just seems like overkill to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Broly is ok, the other one is just another Goku Clone.

This game needs variety. I miss a joke character like Mr Satan or even Muten Roshi.

Whis ,Jiren, Darbula, Zamasu...

Kid Goku with the staff and the speedy cloud, that would be awesome

Arale, ‘nuff said

Like it or not, DB has no female fighters that are interesting enough, I don’t see the point of complaining about it. I like female characters but I’m also happy that for once I don’t have to look at oversexualised female individuals with giant breasts  and barely no clothes just for a pervert sex appeal. That is also true for some male characters too, but that’s the minority.  it is rellay sad to see that the majority of female characters in fighting games are treated like sex toys.

I can understand ChiChi from a joke character perspective, but Satan and Roshi are x1000 more interesting. Videl is a human with no unique moves and animation to display, even with her great sayaman suit.

I ‘d wish for interesting female chatacters , but simply DB doesn’t have them. I would be a lot happier if Toryama invents a new interesting female fighter for the game instead of Videl and Chichi

I remember the days where even freaking Spopovich was playable, lol.

I'm not happy with Bardock, but Broly is fine, he's huge and stuff. Unique. But Bardock... Is just Goku.

Tenkaichi 3, still king, tho'. Arale > all.

8 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Which is honestly why they should be trying to get at least Videl and Chi-Chi (possibly Kelfa if they love saiyans so much) in there. I know full well that DB just doesn't have that many female fighters but the ones they do have make for great options. Certainly better than yet another Goku. It's sort of crazy to me how we only have two in there at this point (and one was made specifically for this game).

Also I know Vegito is a significant character but honestly... seeing as the game already has two sets of Vegeta and 3 sets of Goku... It just seems like overkill to me.

It's not really the game's fault, it's just adapting the source material. And the source material just does not have a lot of female fighters and male saiyan ones

6 hours ago, DaN said:

Like it or not, DB has no female fighters that are interesting enough, I don’t see the point of complaining about it. I like female characters but I’m also happy that for once I don’t have to look at oversexualised female individuals with giant breasts  and barely no clothes just for a pervert sex appeal. That is also true for some male characters too, but that’s the minority.  it is rellay sad to see that the majority of female characters in fighting games are treated like sex toys.

I can understand ChiChi from a joke character perspective, but Satan and Roshi are x1000 more interesting. Videl is a human with no unique moves and animation to display, even with her great sayaman suit.

I ‘d wish for interesting female chatacters , but simply DB doesn’t have them. I would be a lot happier if Toryama invents a new interesting female fighter for the game instead of Videl and Chichi

Again, fully disagree.

I know DB doesn't have many female fighters but the ones they do have are still great options. Not really understanding your point about oversexualized characters when both Chi-Chi and Videl have been shown often to be anything but. I get your worry about having too many sexualized characters ingame but looking at the list of DB characters that even have a percentage of a chance of making it in... Android 21 seems to be the only one you have to worry about for this game (which admittedly isn't great seeing as that's 50% of the female roster which is why we need more). Like, leaving them out for that fear isn't that good of a way to solve it.

Also, neither Chi-Chi nor Videl need to be joke characters as Arc already have a fair amount of moves that they can pull from across the series (games and all).

Though, a joke character in the form of Mr. Stan would be rad af. Again, there are quite a few characters that would've made for better choices than these two imo.

59 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It's not really the game's fault, it's just adapting the source material. And the source material just does not have a lot of female fighters and male saiyan ones

Again, I know the source doesn't have a lot of them but it does have enough of them to be options. Like, crazy thought, but why not put in Kelfa instead of Broly or Bardock? While still just being another saiyan, it would've done a lot more for variety. She also has the added bonus of being newer.

And that's really my point here. All I'm going to say is that if we get to the end of this game's DLC list and we don't see a single women fighter added to it... but things like Vegito, saiyan 4, and/or God forbid simple base versions of Goku and Vegeta on there... that would be incredibly pants.

Broly and Bardock, not a great start.

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably because Kale, Caulifla, and Kafla aren't well liked? There'd probably also be outrage if Broli's genderbent ripoff were to take his place. 

7 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

Probably because Kale, Caulifla, and Kafla aren't well liked? There'd probably also be outrage if Broli's genderbent ripoff were to take his place. 

Neither is Jiren but we all know he's going to be in there. Also don't recall many people screaming for Nappa either but here we are.

Also, man... I know better than to straight up say Kale over Broly (especially in this day and age). Kefla at least carries more significance.

I see Jiren as sort of a 50/50 split in popularity, much like Broli really, but more importantly, he's a main antagonist, so his role in the series is significant. Nappa also just makes sense given his rise in popularity thanks to TFS. He also presents a lot fun interactions.

Kafla isn't more significant than Broli, sorry. 

26 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Again, I know the source doesn't have a lot of them but it does have enough of them to be options. Like, crazy thought, but why not put in Kelfa instead of Broly or Bardock? While still just being another saiyan, it would've done a lot more for variety. She also has the added bonus of being newer.

And that's really my point here. All I'm going to say is that if we get to the end of this game's DLC list and we don't see a single women fighter added to it... but things like Vegito, saiyan 4, and/or God forbid simple base versions of Goku and Vegeta on there... that would be incredibly pants.

Broly and Bardock, not a great start.

Because Kefla debuted when the game was still in development, so there'd be no references to use for her moveset. 

Broly and Bardock are, like it or not, among the most popular characters to be used in these games, way more popular than any female fighter. So from a marketing standpoint, using them first makes perfect sense. 

I understand wanting more female fighters, but even if you pooled out Chi-Chi and Videl, and eventually Kefla. That's still only 5 female characters in a roster that's approaching 30, which is overwhelmingly in favor of the males.

Dragon Ball is simply a male orientated series, it's not really something that's gonna change unless you just started pulling out random characters just for the sake of gender representation.

Bardock I think is Japan's favourite DB character.

They couldn't not put him in.

Broly is also really like in both Japan and the west, so he easily got in as well.

These two are literally money generators.

If the leaked DLC is true, expect fan-favourites more than original playstyles.

36 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

A vocal minority may not like them, but they are certainly popular enough to earn a place. The issue with ToP characters though is timing. If DBFZ was still in development, then Caulifla and Kale, Kefla and Jiren would be shoe-ins. Especially the latter two, since they are the most significant antagonists in the arc.

Videl and Chichi were never major enough fighters to make it into a roster like this. They have no signature attacks that I remember, and even if they did, none are flashy enough to justify a presence in a game like this. The U6 Saiyans are your best bet at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I don't know, the western side of the fanbase really don't seem to like them. I'm honestly pretty indifferent to them. That said, yeah, timing is important here too.

10 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

The leaked DLC list is

Spoiler

Broly
Bardock
Cooler
Android 17
Zamasu
Base Goku
Base Vegeta

SO make of that what you will. Pretty weak set all around if you ask me, but you'll notice

Spoiler

There are no characters from the latest arc.

12 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

Eh, I don't know, the western side of the fanbase really don't seem to like them. I'm honestly pretty indifferent to them. That said, yeah, timing is important here too.

I've seen just as many people praise them as complain; then you have to factor in anyone watching without commenting is probably less bothered about debates about characters (and likely feel less inclined to complain in videos if they are content anyway). Meanwhile lots of people like Broly while many others hate him. It hasn't stopped him from popping up everywhere.

And if Captain Ginyu can make it, then of course Kefla would have had a massive chance. ASW also commented that they wanted as many female characters as possible, choosing 18 to be the main of the android pair.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

The leaked DLC list is

Hide contents

Broly
Bardock
Cooler
Android 17
Zamasu
Base Goku
Base Vegeta

Dear lord that's absolutely abysmal... I can see how it could be real too with 4 of them basically already having models in-game.

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

Dear lord that's absolutely abysmal... I can see how it could be real too with 4 of them basically already having models in-game.

It's what happens when you go with what's "hype" over having a diverse set of characters. Not just in appearance, but in playstyle. All these Saiyan rushdown types are going to get boring. 

I don't even think 17 is a good choice. He and 18 are already represented in a decent enough character to the point that even Piccolo's interactions with 17 take place in their given pre-match dialogue. 

Honestly, I'd prefer that spot going to Janemba because I think he could have a seriously cool moveset based around teleportation and countering.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't even think 17 is a good choice. He and 18 are already represented in a decent enough character to the point that even Piccolo's interactions with 17 take place in their given pre-match dialogue. 

Honestly, I'd prefer that spot going to Janemba because I think he could have a seriously cool moveset based around teleportation and countering.

It's DBS 17, not Z 17.

I think he has shown enough new attack to make it in. Sadly his barrier was taken by 18 who I remind you doesn't have it in canon.

6 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

It's DBS 17, not Z 17.

I think he has shown enough new attack to make it in. Sadly his barrier was taken by 18 who I remind you doesn't have it in canon.

That's a crappy excuse, because the 17 in the game is DBS 17. Right down to referencing that he works as a nature ranger, references the fact he hasn't seen 18 in forever, and so on so forth. I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed the only reason the game can't be considered canon was because Super's 17 mentions not seeing Goku prior to the tourney of power. 

So is saying "It's Saiyan Saga Goku and Vegeta, not Buu Saga Goku & Vegeta!!!" mean their leaked placements as DLC is justified over the likes of Gogeta, Janemba, Kale, Kefla, FP Roshi, and practically any of the DB characters that would be fifty times more interesting than another version of Goku or better yet, the asshole Vegeta from the Saiyan Saga before he got any of the character development that made him a likeable or enjoyable character?

• Thumbs Up 1