Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

Translation from Twitter:

-Zamasu can enter a stance where he can fly in all 8 directions

-His level 1 is Holy Wrath and is good for ending combos.

-His level 3 is Lightning of Absolution. The "bird" will spread it's wings and lightning will fall all over the stage.

Was hoping for some kind of install where he becomes grotesque, but he still looks amazing. 

• 3 months later...

If you want to give the Switch version a go before release, the open beta is now out on Switch. However, be forewarned that apparently it's got some issues. The port itself is actually excellent, but the netcode of the beta is a bit buggy.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If you want to give the Switch version a go before release, the open beta is now out on Switch. However, be forewarned that apparently it's got some issues. The port itself is actually excellent, but the netcode of the beta is a bit buggy.

I saw this coming more than a bee coming to a spoon full of sugar water.

Just now, Meta77 said:

I saw this coming more than a bee coming to a spoon full of sugar water.

I doubt it's going to be that massive an issue to be honest though. If the port itself is actually good but the servers/netcode is the issue, that could be ironed out.

Well it's called a beta for a reason. Now they know that there are issues that need to be ironed out before the game launches.

Interestingly, it's been said that 23 characters are in the beta. Sounds like everyone including 21 and SSB Goku/Vegeta are ready to play in the beta itself.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Interestingly, it's been said that 23 characters are in the beta. Sounds like everyone including 21 and SSB Goku/Vegeta are ready to play in the beta itself.

Yep. Everyone in the base game is available.

But I don't expect some issues to be fixed before the game releases. It took them a month to fix room battles on PS4. And that was annoying because a friend got the game and we couldn't play.

On a side note, looks like DLC isn't included. If you pre-order, you get SSB Goku and Vegeta early again, and you also get a downloadable copy of the first SNES Budoten game.

Base Goku and Vegeta were lame additions. 

Cooler is...well, cool, but I don't think he's going to get me playing this game again. I guess #17 really is the last character for the season pass, then? Wonder if he'll be the Z incarnation or MVP from Super.

38 minutes ago, Tito Lounge said:

Base Goku and Vegeta were lame additions. 

Cooler is...well, cool, but I don't think he's going to get me playing this game again. I guess #17 really is the last character for the season pass, then? Wonder if he'll be the Z incarnation or MVP from Super.

It's the Super version IIRC.

• 1 month later...

So I was looking at someone's Cooler vs. Bardock fight annnnd...

VokF6LO.jpg

Looks like Tournament of Power characters are in the cards at some point. Besides the fact we have Tuxedo Dyspo (he is seen wearing that in one episode), we also have a reskinned Lavender. There's also two reskinned Iwnes in there, so Destroyers are on the table as well.

Just now, MarioAmigosYT said:

Did no one even notice that the game is already out on the Switch?

I mean, I assume that if people wanted it they probably have gotten it on another platform. I think the majority of people here already have the game mostly on PS4.

Dragon Ball FighterZ was FINALLY released on the Nintendo Switch!
You can get it now on the eShop but be warned that all of the DLC and everything else that came out so far are not included in the base game, so you gotta pay up again even if you already owned it and don't forget, that if you want to play online... then pay up for Switch Online even if you don't like it.

20 hours ago, Jango said:

That's the Switch hyperbole, alright. Beg for a port, don't actually buy it or play it.

If you want to play on the go, then you can buy it if you want.

• 3 months later...

Christ, this guys know how to build some hype. I don't care for Jiren, but Videl is dope. It's not her's daddy tho', but it should do it. The DBS Movie Broly? Wow, I genuinely though to myself "man, I wish the Broly from the new movie was the one instead of the old one". And then bam, announced lol

Too bad each DLC is expensive as heck around here. Wish these were unlockable through the good old PLAYING THE GAME.

So, there'll be Jiren...and we have Base Goku and Freeza...There's NO WAY they can pass this up...

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEGCNQCEL4B&rs=AO

DRAMATIC FINISH!

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Videl is cool, but Jiren? Broly again? Gogeta?

tumblr_inline_nob2vxrK7O1rlkf3f_500.gif

Bring in Caulifla!

It’d be a travesty if Caulifia got in before Gogeta. She and/or Kale should get in at some point, but before Gogeta? Or hell, even the arc villain of the ToP?

Granted, I’ll say that I don’t understand why Videl got in over Caulifa, usually there’s a theme with these characters and Caulifa or Kale is heavily rumoured for release in Season 2, so it’s strange that either of those didn’t get the slot over Videl to fit a ToP theme for the first two characters.

Speaking of Videl, I have to admit I wasn’t sold on her at first, the first seconds of gameplay made her look really bog standard, but I love seeing Gohan complete in Great Saiyaman gear fighting alongside her to spice the moveset up, I just kind of wish we had the option to either use Videl’s normal skin or Great Saiyaman 2 skin.

What is a travesty is that the best character to come out of Dragon Ball Super isn't in this game.

The game already has roughly 1 billion Gokus and Vegetas, I didn't need another one. I'd have been more OK with SSJ4 Gogeta at least. I get why they put SSB (Why are they back to calling it SSGSS??) Gogeta in over SSJ4, but SSj4 would have given him something completely unique from other characters. Though, I have yet to see the new Broly movie, so maybe there's something completely unique about this version.

Jiren is just lame.

• Thumbs Up 1