Zippo

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

15 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about joke characters only:

Hercule, Cell Jr., Siabaman...

Beerus and Whis can still be in the game.

:C

31 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about joke characters only:

Hercule, Cell Jr., Siabaman...

Beerus and Whis can still be in the game.

If the champion of mankind doesn't make it they might have just lost a (day one) sale

Considering how much it seems to be agreed that the current arc in Super is all the better for finally ditching all that powerlevel thing and letting non saiyans fight on a leveled ground I'm getting some very bad vibes from that kind of statements. Why couldn't they just have done it like in Guilty Gear? Where there is a clear power gap between certain characters yet that never influenced the gameplay.

I'm reserving any final judgement until I actually see gameplay of said unrevealed characters but so far this has been the first letdown I had with this game.

I didn't mention Krillin at all. He is 100% in the game.

I only said they meant characters like Hercule, Cell Jrs or Saibamen.

Maybe they can make Hercule work, but not the other 2.

14 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I didn't mention Krillin at all. He is 100% in the game.

I only said they meant characters like Hercule, Cell Jrs or Saibamen.

Maybe they can make Hercule work, but not the other 2.

The article mentions Krillin.

The article only states that some characters are more suited towards assist moves, so moves like Solar Flare are probably their most useful. I don't think it's meant to imply that they can't hold their own; just that say Tien won't have as high attack power as Freeza etc. I'm not sure where Krillin is mentioned in the article?

16 minutes ago, Pawn said:

The article only states that some characters are more suited towards assist moves, so moves like Solar Flare are probably their most useful. I don't think it's meant to imply that they can't hold their own; just that say Tien won't have as high attack power as Freeza etc. I'm not sure where Krillin is mentioned in the article?

Second paragraph:

At this point in time there are seven characters (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Cell, Majin Buu and Frieza) announced for Dragon Ball FighterZ, and while all seven do indeed fit into the "believable fight" category, if staple characters like Yamcha, Krillin or Hercule make it into the game, their very presence may pose an issue.

38 minutes ago, Pawn said:

You're basically saying that some of the Z Fighters should be relegated to the same status as Freeza's Sorbet, a distinct non-combatant whose only threat is a sneak attack laser.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Second paragraph:

Oh, I see. That's not a quote from the actual interview with Siliconera though, but an assumption made by EventHub.

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

You're basically saying that some of the Z Fighters should be relegated to the same status as Freeza's Sorbet, a distinct non-combatant whose only threat is a sneak attack laser.

Except that's not what I wrote at all? What I did say was that some characters will have weaker attacks than others, which is of course common in any fighting game roster where characters who have have lower strength make up for it in another stat. I postulated that their ability to assist could do the same in this case.

On 25/6/2017 at 11:37 AM, -Robin- said:

They're making a game in a genre that has a fighter where Phoenix Wright can beat Dr. Doom.

What a completely asinine statement to make.

Or defeat Galactus throwing a bonsai at him. I swear it was hilarious when it happened.

12 hours ago, Jango said:

Holy bananas, Big Green and Krillin? I did not see that coming. Who's next? Tenshinhan? Ultimate Gohan?

Really? Them being added is no surprise. Just like I'm sure we'll get older than and ssb forms.  I'm calling around 29 characters top