Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

Story mode is a movie confirmed, and it involves 16 being revived and an army of recolors

I don't get why it has to be a movie.

If it's a game, I want to play to story, not just watch it.

6 minutes ago, Diamond X said:

I don't get why it has to be a movie.

If it's a game, I want to play to story, not just watch it.

yeah and what makes matter worse is that the story mode having pallet swaps for villains would be logical setup for a playable story mode due to the game's small roster but their not even doing that, if the story is  nothing but a movie why not just replace the recolors with actual dragon ball villains who aren't in the game? it not like they'll have to come up with a moveset for them or anything. This just comes off as lazy to me

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone here played any ASW game, how much does a "movie" last? Is it at least 30 minutes?

And apparently, the Fake Fighters are "Super Androids".

Info on SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta:

SSB Goku is still an all-rounder, but faster this time. Heis great in the air, but requires practice to master.

SSB Vegeta is a really powerfull fighter which will have destructive combos. You won't need defense with him there.

Also, there will be mode where 6 players will get into 2 teams of 3, each one controlling a character.

It's an original story, so I'm not gonna complain too much. It's better than retelling all of Z again for the thousandth time.

Just now, Zippo said:

It's an original story, so I'm not gonna complain too much. It's better than retelling all of Z again for the thousandth time.

My main problem is that I can't play it.

It's movie, not a story mode. Like the Raging Blast 2 Hatchyiack special.

The main games that have large story modes in Arc System Works games are Blazblue and Guilty Gear. But Fighterz seems to be taking more cues from the latter, so it's story mode is likely going to be modeled after that. They're pretty large and definitely not short.

These will give you an idea on what to expect.

4 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

The main games that have large story modes in Arc System Works games are Blazblue and Guilty Gear. But Fighterz seems to be taking more cues from the latter, so it's story mode is likely going to be modeled after that. They're pretty large and definitely not short.

These will give you an idea on what to expect.

4 hour movie?!

Well then. This might not be that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear that they're going with an original plot for this. Still not 100% gonna pick it up yet because I need to know how accessible it'll be for someone who's not much of a combo memorizer like me, but that's definitely something I appreciate in a Dragon Ball game.

Just now, Arctic Blizzard CC14 said:

Glad to hear that they're going with an original plot for this. Still not 100% gonna pick it up yet because I need to know how accessible it'll be for someone who's not much of a combo memorizer like me, but that's definitely something I appreciate in a Dragon Ball game.

You don't need to worry about that.

ASW is great at making tutorials.

• Thumbs Up 1

The story sounds terrible. I mean, 16 is revived and wants to kill everyone with an army of recolors? Come on.

At least they got Vegeta right, going by the scan.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The story sounds terrible. I mean, 16 is revived and wants to kill everyone with an army of recolors? Come on.

At least they got Vegeta right, going by the scan.

He attacks the recolor army. He is a good guy.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

He attacks the recolor army. He is a good guy.

Oh. It still sounds awful, to be honest.

I'll take it. It's better than just seeing the Z story again.

Too bad it'll be only a movie with no gameplay.

After doing some thinking i've decided  i'm going to pass on the game, maybe pick it up at a much lower price. Doesn't seem like a game that i would get more than a day worth of enjoyment out of.

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

After doing some thinking i've decided  i'm going to pass on the game, maybe pick it up at a much lower price. Doesn't seem like a game that i would get more than a day worth of enjoyment out of.

As in because it's a fighting game? 

I wouldn't worry if you're bad at fighting games since ASW is great at tutorials.

5 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

As in because it's a fighting game? 

I wouldn't worry if you're bad at fighting games since ASW is great at tutorials.

tbh, i bought Rev for 6$ off PSN two days ago and haven't touched it since then, which is odd because i enjoy games like Tekken DoA and KoF14 and the 90's CPII fightings from capcom

Asw make tutorials but by no means are there games easy

Asw make tutorials but by no means are there games easy