Awoo.

Archie Sonic Hiatus Discussion

Big Panda

That looks fake to me, the last issue doesn't have anything about "Pending Licencor Approval". plus the title text is a bit too big. 

When I was still active on DeviantART I used to watch wani ramirez hes a great artist but he wasn't a troll like Nibroc.Rock is. he has no real reason to lie or pull a prank of this caliber but who knows I could be wrong, he is a talented artist after all.

He could be trying to force Archie to do something, I have noticed him get increasingly frustrated at the situation.

In any case, still convinced it's fake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The optimistic side of me yearns for it to be real, but I'm way too wary to get my hopes up.  Until we get something to confirm this a little more, then I'm calling it fake, though a damn good fake I must say.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

That looks fake to me, the last issue doesn't have anything about "Pending Licencor Approval". plus the title text is a bit too big. 

Well neither does 291 and 292. Just sayin. Also, the title text isn't any bigger than the issue before it.

EDIT: If this is a fake (which my hope is that it isn't) whoever added this even added an artist signature on the new cover below the flashlight.

Just now, Terriful said:

Well neither does 291 and 292. Just sayin. Also, the title text isn't any bigger than the issue before it.

For the first point, then why would they still have the pending licensor approval thing for #293 and #294 if that's the case? Wouldn't those be approved before the alleged next issue, and therefore not have that any more. 

As for the second, it does look bigger to me, the edge of the text comes closer to the logos on the side.

The cover is real, but I don’t know how legitimate the ad is.

Whether it’s real, fabricated, an announcement, a leak, or a leak of real art and ad but false confirmation from a prepared announcement for a possible outcome that may or may not happen. 

Enjoy your tremulous day of uncertainty!

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

For the first point, then why would they still have the pending licensor approval thing for #293 and #294 if that's the case? Wouldn't those be approved before the alleged next issue, and therefore not have that any more. 

As for the second, it does look bigger to me, the edge of the text comes closer to the logos on the side.

Depends. They don't approve them in order. Some come with them on and some don't.

Yeah, another glance I'd agree with you only because the outline is a bit thicker.

1 minute ago, Terriful said:

Depends. They don't approve them in order. Some come with them on and some don't.

They don't, but since this apparently shows them releasing at the same time and they've had five months to sit on this already, you'd think that would have been sorted. 

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They don't, but since this apparently shows them releasing at the same time and they've had five months to sit on this already, you'd think that would have been sorted. 

You would think but sometimes they aren't. I dunno.

15 minutes ago, Nerfuffle said:

The cover is real, but I don’t know how legitimate the ad is.

Whether it’s real, fabricated, an announcement, a leak, or a leak of real art and ad but false confirmation from a prepared announcement for a possible outcome that may or may not happen. 

Enjoy your tremulous day of uncertainty!

Where'd the cover come from? It wasn't solicited anywhere.

Oh, the cover just looks sub-par? Alrighty then. 

If they are planning to release them all at the same time...that's dumb. 

If it says this fall, September's stuff doesn't get revealed until Monday or so. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

If it says this fall, September's stuff doesn't get revealed until Monday or so. 

I will say this. Remember when the subscriptions were first pulled? It took a day or two for everyone to get it (or quicker. Still, there was a delay). Maybe this IS legitimate and the site hasn't caught up yet. 

If someone's claiming it's showing up on the site for them, and no one else has seen the same, I don't know why people would think this is real at all.

Edit: If the ad was real, and judging by where it is on the page, would it not have these arrows, since his mouse is hovering over it?

6322f7bd25a782250f20c900219964d5.png

• Thumbs Up 3

51 minutes ago, Terriful said:

You would think but sometimes they aren't. I dunno.

Where'd the cover come from? It wasn't solicited anywhere.

31 minutes ago, Fusion Force said:

If this is real, how come it didn't show up in the solcits?

Of course I'm only speaking as a lowly penciler.

If the ad is from Archie, real, and released when intended after proper confirmation. Then the art is not a leak.

If not, then the art its self is a leak but the circumstances it’s been presented could be misleading or outright false. 

An ad being prepared before ironing out details or getting any confirmations but accidentally being released is one possible scenario. (Similar things have happened)

We will continue to work hard to not answer your questions.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh, the cover just looks sub-par? Alrighty then. 

If they are planning to release them all at the same time...that's dumb. 

Why? After fucking Months of nothing to release five issues that are super delayed doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. Hell they might just do what they did last time and release them over the steady course of a month or two. There's nothing here that says that they're coming out the same day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That'd add a whole new layer to the "at super Sonic speed" part.

lol.

I'm going with fake, since we apparently only have a single screenshot and only two people talking about it (one of them probably a re-poster). We'll see.

...And I didn't even have enough time to finish working out a fee agreement with the Chaotix Detective Agency...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just occurred to me the new cover doesn't even have the issue number in the corner...

• Thumbs Up 1