Awoo.

Archie Sonic Hiatus Discussion

Big Panda

I'm kind of on the side of it being legitimate, and it has a lot to do with the timing of it.

• The timing of when he posted it was probably around midnight EST or a little after. Let's be honest, Archie isn't the best when it comes to using technology. So the servers they use for the website could be ones that get updated/refreshed at midnight (typically what most people refer to when talking about batch processing). So it's not farfetched that the "leak" might have been a screw up, probably also the reason why it linked to nowhere.
  • The solicitations would probably be Archie's best time to reveal that the Sonic comics were coming back and revealing that last issue. That's not usually how it normally works but then again neither is a six month hiatus without any talk of news or reassurance.
  • Speaking of that last issue, yes its plausible to think that Wani dressed up Yardley's picture but so is the idea that maybe he and the others finished the cover. Remember way back when Nerfuffle said that there were unfinished assets of the comics still on the server when the hiatus (she called it a quarantine IIRC).

I'm not saying that I completely believe that this is true. But then again, I'm not going to go immediately pointing fingers and claiming that its all a ruse. We have general knowledge that this is around the time of the month that solicitations come out. It's best to see what happens with those before claiming that its fake.

And if it is fake, then that's a pretty impressive fake giving the timing of it, and either the artistic skill or coding to make the website look like that.

11 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Actually Google Chrome is very easy to alter the coding of temporarily. 

What VEDJ said. It's extremely easy on Google Chrome to alter a cached version of a page to do something. In fact, @The Deleter did it to test out what Motobug badges would look like when applied onto SSMB yesterday, so there's a good idea of how easy it is to do something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp my logic has been proven futile once again, ain't the first time and certainly won't be the last.

But there was something a while back I was thinking about. A lot of people just keep asking for the news on the comics and the answer has mostly been "were still working things out", and yet people are worried that Sega is going to cancel the comic and screw a fairly sized group of fans over.

So instead of asking for news, we should probably start asking for reassurance that they will do their best not to screw over the fans because of a bad relationship. I want them to at least assure us that even if they can't get an deals going with Archie, that they aren't going to go, "well that's that" and throw away any creativity, talent, or ideas that could have been made if the comic was still around. I doubt they hired Tyson to do that trailer just because he made a funny comic back in the day, they saw his work with Mega Drive and the others. That kind of talent requires support, and the comics gave him that support. But if Sega thinks that they can just force (no pun intended) everyone to bring there A game to the table with just only the games and possibly Boom to go off of, then there going to slip right back through the cracks to where they were before Sonic Mania and Forces.

I hope the comic doesn't end, it would really suck for a comic which has lasted over 20 years, nearly 300 issues in the main series and hundreds more spinoffs, and captured the imaginations of tons of readers to end with a whimper.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎16‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 8:23 AM, Shaddy the guy said:

NfZmVyt.jpg

This image showed up on r/sonicthehedgehog. I've gone to the site and it's not displaying this, but the user is an active one on the sub (even if hardly one I agree with on a lot of things).

It might be fake, but it's worth noting if it isn't.

Soo, it was on their main/homepage since the site is just 'archiecomics.com', pretty interesting they'd put so much effort to this... :huh:

I've seen stuff, so everyhing could possibly be considered as a fake. I think the best way to take things is to believe it exists when you actually hold it in your hands, talking about comics at least... ^_^ 

The source didn't give anything to me, so it's nothing about carelesness on their part, clumsy/newbie me would've noticed something otherwise (I once foud a missing button that way from one site, it was on the source coding but was nowhere to be seen on the actual site... and I don't really know that much about computers, and most stuff I've already happily forgotten about.) :blush: I just thought it would be worth mentioning...

Edit: Sorry, please ignore this mess of a post, I was pretty sleepy at the point I skimmed over and didn’t manage to catch the fact there already were more pages than just the first, so I pretty much commented the stuff happening without having the most up-to-date info. Again I’m very sorry for being sleepy-blind. :rolleyes: :blush: <_< :blink: :unsure: :(

Now I feel like the guys writing corrections for the newspapers probably do…

Well that was kind of an incomprehensible post.

It's already been confirmed fake, I don't know if you're trying to spread rumors saying it's real, or confirm for yourself that it's fake, but either way it's fake nonetheless.

I think you should work on making your posts a little more direct though, I literally can't decipher what the fuck you're talking about here

On 6/16/2017 at 9:23 PM, RushFan11 said:

I hope the comic doesn't end, it would really suck for a comic which has lasted over 20 years, nearly 300 issues in the main series and hundreds more spinoffs, and captured the imaginations of tons of readers to end with a whimper.

Two of three books getting cut off mid-arc is more worst case scenario than I expected, but the nature of the comic meant a whimper was its inevitable ending. There was never a possibility of a planned narrative conclusion or a celebratory send-off. It was going to drop off into unprofitability and have a hastily thrown together wrap-up like Mega Man or Archie was going to lose the license and it was just going to stop.

I mean, I formed a petition, if you guys want to help try and save the comics, but that is entirely up to you guys. There is no rules against links here, right? Last thing I need, is a mod attacking me or editing my text on a moment's notice.

We're not really one for petitions because they're simultaneously easy to spam while not being particularly helpful in the long run to most issues.

Also this?

On 6/16/2017 at 5:06 PM, goku262002 said:

Wani you asshole I hope you get verbally lynched on reddit for this.

Do not ever again.

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 8

Okay, let's stop answering the troll.

EDIT: Topic's been cleaned.

Well, here is the petition.

It is just in case anyone wants to check it out. We've got 131 signatures from people all over, and still going.

In before I see "banned," over my name.

I was literally halfways through that comment chain before it got deleted. World's worst cliffhanger right there.

Still, I must commend @FurherMustang on his username and avatar. I'm curious regarding his opinion that Ken Penders is owed an apology, but this thread is likely not the best place for that discussion.

1 minute ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I was literally halfways through that comment chain before it got deleted. World's worst cliffhanger right there.

The comment chain was deleted? O_o But I was enjoying the conspiracy theory. And the logical process of analyzing it.

1 minute ago, Borvoc said:

Still, I must commend @FurherMustang on his username and avatar. I'm curious regarding his opinion that Ken Penders is owed an apology, but this thread is likely not the best place for that discussion.

The comment chain was deleted. O_o But I was enjoying the conspiracy theory. And the logical process of analyzing it.

Eh, it should've been blatantly obvious that it was a troll, given that the account was made less than an hour ago (and honestly uses "Fuhrer" in the name). Even I picked up on it pretty quickly.

2 minutes ago, Dcfan200 said:

Well, here is the petition.

It is just in case anyone wants to check it out. We've got 131 signatures from people all over, and still going.

In before I see "banned," over my name.

Literally no one on staff cares enough about this petition to ban you over it.

Stop martyring yourself for no reason. You have two posts here. Chill.

Also, let's stop giving the aptly-named Fuhrer attention please.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Literally no one on staff cares enough about this petition to ban you over it.

Stop martyring yourself for no reason. You have two posts here. Chill.

Also, let's stop giving the aptly-named Fuhrer attention please.

Just being cautious, here. Sorry.

Eh, Fuhrer Mustang is just a character from the Fullmetal Alchemist manga/anime (as depicted by the user's avatar), so it's not like he's claiming to be Hitler or anything, and there was a similarly-named user who posted once in the Ken Penders thread back in 2015, so maybe it's the same person who had to create a new account due to forgetting his login info. I really don't find his opinion offensive even though I disagree with it. But I'll drop it if everyone's on edge over it.

48 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Also, I really don't think you missed much. It's also possible that the rest of the comment chain is just delayed while the poster in question and the Sonic Stadium mods try to work things out. They'll let us know as soon as they have an announcement to make. In the meantime, maybe they can interest you in Riverdale? Or one or more of the All New, All Different Archie titles? :P

7 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Also, I really don't think you missed much. It's also possible that the rest of the comment chain is just delayed while the poster in question and the Sonic Stadium mods try to work things out. They'll let us know as soon as they have an announcement to make. In the meantime, maybe they can interest you in Riverdale? Or one or more of the All New, All Different Archie titles? :P

Pfft. The only comics I read besides Sonic are anything related to Infinity Gauntlet and a couple Punisher spinoffs. I don't have the time or motivation to regularly get anything other than Sonic (and even then, I skip arcs regularly).

• Thumbs Up 1

So no Sonic solicits for September, meaning there will be a minimum gap of 9 months. 

Also no Jughead solicits as that series has been canned already. 

Interesting that the Archie solicits are now split into New Riverdale and Archie Classic, they're pulling a Generations!

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Is this verified or speculation?

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Interesting that the Archie solicits are now split into New Riverdale and Archie Classic, they're pulling a Generations!

Lol. They could be pulling a Forces instead if they end up announcing a custom character and promising to bring back several past villains, some of which aren't villains anymore or don't seem to have a reason for being there. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, sounds like I missed out on all the fun. Oh well.

And yeah, Archie's announcement of backpedaling their whole new direction thing is both amusing and cringeworthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

So no Sonic solicits for September, meaning there will be a minimum gap of 9 months. 

Josie and the Pussycats and Your Pal Archie are also missing, for what that's worth.

• Thumbs Up 1