Awoo.

Archie Sonic Hiatus Discussion

Big Panda

You can ask SEGA but don't ask Aaron Webber. He's said on various occasions (the one I remember was the Q&A on that event where Forces was named but I'm sure he's said it in his livestreams too) that he doesn't know but they'd let us know (or something along those lines).

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

You can ask SEGA but don't ask Aaron Webber. He's said on various occasions (the one I remember was the Q&A on that event where Forces was named but I'm sure he's said it in his livestreams too) that he doesn't know but they'd let us know (or something along those lines).

Yeah it was during SXSW panel near the of it he said he doesn't know what's going on either.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Yeah, there's really no reason for him to know. I'm sure that, like Ian, that sort of info is far, far above his pay grade.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

If that's true I'd honestly rather have them say it than Archie to be honest. At least that would let them know that there are people who want to know what's going on. 

I'm pretty sure they've already been asked on social media, I just can't be arsed to dig up the comments.

But hey, maybe I'll give it a shot at some point. Doubt I'll even get a response, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1.7.2017 at 4:36 PM, SSF1991 said:

Interesting new info that has been posted. We know a little more about Ian Flynn's standpoint on the matter:

So maaaaaybe end of July, something may surface? Don't get your hopes up too high, though. We've been through this before.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be for Ian.

• Thumbs Up 5

19 hours ago, IDreamcasterI said:

Comic-Con is at the end of the month.  That can't be a coincidence.

This is an interesting theory. I will now stroke my beard thoughtfully.

15 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Yeah, there's really no reason for him to know. I'm sure that, like Ian, that sort of info is far, far above his pay grade.

Don't kid yourself, @PC the Hedgehog. We all know that Aaron secretly runs the entire brand from behind the scenes. His roots go deep, and his supposedly innocuous Twitter memes not only contain secret, encoded messages directing his many followers, but these memes also have the power to directly affect the very nature of reality itself. If the Sonic comic is doomed, it is because Aaron willed it so. If it returns, it will be by his power.

Perhaps Aaron is at this moment struggling mightily against the Forces that be to keep the comic alive, or maybe he's merely toying with us like puppets on strings as he keeps things in limbo, testing our resolve, leaking out bits and pieces of rumors and pseudo-information to keep us interested. We will someday know the outcome, but the only person who will ever know the reason is the unassuming man in the Santa hat and glasses, sitting at a computer with a slice of strawberry cheesecake, tapping away at his keyboard with the hint of a satisfied smile on his face.

• Thumbs Up 5

http://rafaknight-rk.tumblr.com/post/162725575765/i-need-your-help-if-its-possible
"It’s a job that I like to do, but it has always been more like a secondary thing or a hobbie, because as much as I wanted, it is not something that give enough return to be my main job, maybe you understand how it is.
For these reasons my main job was on the Archie Comics, where I worked for about 2 years, which also was a very pleasant place to work, but that ended up canceling the comics where I worked."

Sorry, but I had to post this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't take that as any sort of confirmation. I don't think english is their first language, and if Ian doesn't know what's going on, why would this person? For all we know this person is going off of what the fanbase is saying on the comics being cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 3

Edit: Nevermind they were wrong, both Archie and Fleetway are in the book.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, zephyrzaivian said:

I wouldn't take that as any sort of confirmation. I don't think english is their first language, and if Ian doesn't know what's going on, why would this person? For all we know this person is going off of what the fanbase is saying on the comics being cancelled.

Thats true but Rafa isn't just some ordinary fan who does good renders like niboc.rock, she did work for both Archie and SEGA (Of America). she could very well hear something that wasn't meant to be said yet.

That being said, she could just be in the same situation like all the other artists and not know anything either and going based off internet comments.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Thats true but Rafa isn't just some ordinary fan who does good renders like niboc.rock, she did work for both Archie and SEGA (Of America). she could very well hear something that wasn't meant to be said yet.

That being said, she could just be in the same situation like all the other artists and not know anything either and going based off internet comments.

I know who she is. I meant that if Ian doesn't know what's going on or that the comic is cancelled, I doubt that Rafa would know. She's probably just going off of what everyone else is saying about them being cancelled. A lot of people are.

• Thumbs Up 3

And now Betty & Veronica is gone from the subs page.

Archie if you really want to cancel your New Riverdale line just do it already...

• Thumbs Up 3

I suspect this also lays Ian's thing of "hearing something by the end of July" to waste and all; if there's one place you can get news from, it's Comic Con, but with Archie opting to not go, there won't be anything to find out there.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Please could you elaborate? The link isn't working for me. Cheers! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Please could you elaborate? The link isn't working for me. Cheers! 

It's a link to a page that describes the Archie panel going on at SDCC on July 22nd, between 1-2pm.

So they're there, they just might not be on the show floor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So after what Ian said, we can expect them to finally drop the info about the comics there. Let's hope it's not another "we're in talks" thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, GucciBurr said:

do these comics even sell well

Depends on what you define as "selling well," as the Comic Industry in general isn't that lucrative a market as it used to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, zephyrzaivian said:

So after what Ian said, we can expect them to finally drop the info about the comics there.

Ian didn't say anything about SDCC.

• Thumbs Up 2