Awoo.

Archie Sonic Hiatus Discussion

Big Panda

5 minutes ago, NotHole said:

Ian didn't say anything about SDCC.

He said that he was expecting info on the comics sometime this month. While he didn't say SDCC would be the place, that's where it seems the most likely to drop.

• Thumbs Up 2

At this point, I don't think anything is more likely than anything else. If they announce that they're done, I doubt they'd want to do it there.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, GucciBurr said:

do these comics even sell well

I'd say that from what little I've seen they sell fairly well for Licensed books. Like CSS said the Comic's industry in general is in kind of a downfall right now and TBH Licensed comics have kinda always been in less demand from Diehard Comic fans than the mainstream stuff. It doesn't help that a lot of it is for the market Mainstream Comics fans hate the most kids.

• Thumbs Up 1

After  months I consider the comic cancelled. It may be being rebranded but 7 months is still ridiculous

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Oh, my. My brain is struggling to process this as a crossover.

harley-quinn-archie.thumb.jpg.10082a8faf0e30b08a7a2ad7e17b543d.jpg

I will say I do kinda love the Cover. Heh Harley's drinking with three straws.

@SBR2 In order, I think Harley is thinking about plants, killing Archie, and then plants again, whereas I think Harley is thinking about Ivy, then the ice cream (maybe reverse those two), then killing Archie. Maybe. For Ivy.

Just my take.

Either way, Archie should definitely watch his back and maybe get Betty and Veronica to just cosplay instead. That could actually be some nice art too.

On 7/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Operationgamer17 said:

Hey, @Operationgamer17. I know it's been several days, but I wanted you to know this topic is already being discussed in this thread (as opposed to the Archie Sonic Main Discussion thread). Maybe you figured that out. Below are what I feel are the more relevant points brought up so far on this issue, not to exclude anyone. See recent couple pages for better context.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:36 PM, Mayor D said:

Edit: Nevermind they were wrong, both Archie and Fleetway are in the book.

On 7/9/2017 at 3:03 PM, VEDJ-F said:
On 7/9/2017 at 3:09 PM, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Please could you elaborate? The link isn't working for me. Cheers! 

On 7/9/2017 at 3:11 PM, VEDJ-F said:

It's a link to a page that describes the Archie panel going on at SDCC on July 22nd, between 1-2pm.

So they're there, they just might not be on the show floor. 

Actually, thanks for reviving Mayor D's quote. 

I saw his video going through the book and I didn't see hide nor hair of Archie as he went through it. Not that I think its absence is significant (I think it's more to do with the fact that Cook and Becker are a Dutch company, and Sonic the Comic is the one Europeans are more likely to know), but I'm still curious to see or hear the physical evidence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm several days too late to see @Mayor D's video, as it's obviously been edited out of his post (though I could probably find it on his YouTube page if it's there), but it does sadden me if it's true that Archie's been left out of the Cook and Becker Sonic the Hedgehog book, especially if artwork from other, shorter-running, licensed products was included.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Borvoc said:

especially if artwork from other, shorter-running, licensed products were included.

Well it probably got included because the people who owned the original artwork actually supplied them with the artwork when they requested it. 

Also a lot of stuff is missing from the book.

No All Stars Games, despite Transformed having tons of artwork.

Nothing from Shadows game.

Anything after Sonic Heroes is just 3D promotional images, no concept artwork of any kind.

Fighters not included, 

SegaSonic The Hedgehog not included.

No mention of Mania (despite being announced prior to the book).

No Mention of Forces.

No Knuckles Chaotix.

Virtually none of the merchandise people took photos of and submitted got included.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry. I just noticed it, so I have to note how clever it is that the artwork for Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica has an ominous skull on it made from the designs on the background wallpaper in addition to the outline of the melted ice cream on the table.Props to whoever the artist is.

Edit: Harley's and Ivy's arms even play into the outline. Kind of cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Well it probably got included because the people who owned the original artwork actually supplied them with the artwork when they requested it. 

Also a lot of stuff is missing from the book.

No All Stars Games, despite Transformed having tons of artwork.

Nothing from Shadows game.

Anything after Sonic Heroes is just 3D promotional images, no concept artwork of any kind.

Fighters not included, 

SegaSonic The Hedgehog not included.

No mention of Mania (despite being announced prior to the book).

No Mention of Forces.

No Knuckles Chaotix.

Virtually none of the merchandise people took photos of and submitted got included.

Mania and Forces (well, Project Sonic 2017 or whatever) are mentioned.

SegaSonic, Fighters and the other games are listed at the end, there's a list of Sonic games.

There's a bit of merchandise, as there's a picture of Sonic soundtracks and I think it belongs to Adam Tuff.

11 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Mania and Forces (well, Project Sonic 2017 or whatever) are mentioned.

SegaSonic, Fighters and the other games are listed at the end, there's a list of Sonic games.

There's a bit of merchandise, as there's a picture of Sonic soundtracks and I think it belongs to Adam Tuff.

Yeah. @Mayor D showed most if not all of that in his video, I think. I could link to it, but I'm not sure if he wants me too. It just seems that anything Sonic Heroes or after is very sparce in the book, aside from official artwork printed really big across two pages. The merch that is shown seems to be very limited too, even if not entirely absent. On a side note, I would have preferred that Sonic Boom had been more separate in the book without having its own section, but it probably doesn't make sense for me to say it that way, and it also probably goes too off the topic of this thread.

The book looks very nice, although it could probably have an even better selection while taking other things out and be a better book. It's probably selfish to say it would be nice to have another version of this book after a little more time has passed and more games have been released, but I think it's true. It would be even better to have the book made in volumes: one for the classic era, one for Boom, one for the modern, era, etc.

I think the main point here is that Archie's omission from the book can't be read too far into, due to all the other omissions being present (or absent, as the case may be) as well. On top of that, I can see Archie simply not responding to requests for images and information under their current situation, whatever it is.

6 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Yeah. @Mayor D showed most if not all of that in his video, I think. I could link to it, but I'm not sure if he wants me too. 

Why would I not want people to link to my videos. Link away!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just to close the loop, then, here it is. The full, official @Mayor D take on the Sonic anniversary art book for anyone following this tread who's perturbed at me for talking around it so far. I didn't want to steal @Mayor D's thunder without permission, but since it's his video, I guess it's still his thunder too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron and Sergio just confirmed on stream that there will be news on the comic this week. 

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Aaron and Sergio just confirmed on stream that there will be news on the comic this week. 

I pray for them to bear good news.

PleasekeeptheArchiecastwhatevertheoutcomeisandpleasekeepMr.Flynntooohpleeeeeaaaaseee!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

I pray for them to bear good news.

Ooh. So ominous. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Borvoc said:

Ooh. So ominous. :P

Do not jinx it, I'm trying to be optimistic here! :D

PleasekeeptheArchiecastwhatevertheoutcomeisandpleasekeepMr.Flynntooohpleeeeeaaaaseee!!!!

My bet is that they'll get rebooted, renumbered, with even more strict game-centric stories. I'm okay with that as long as they're written by Ian, who knows the series really well.

• Thumbs Up 3