Awoo.

Sonic Mania and Forces on YouTube Live @ E3.

Radiant Hero Ike

Thank goodness that I'll be home in time to see this.

Though I am curious about what we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Though I am curious about what we'll see.

Yes!  45 minutes for an official showcase of two games may include lots of new gameplay footage, and where it is official as this , there will at least be direct screen audio and video!  I would think that various media outlets may also be able to have their own direct recordings from the games themselves, but this will most likely be quite good!!

4 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

I would think that various media outlets may also be able to have their own direct recordings from the games themselves, but this will most likely be quite good!!

Even if they don't, you better believe Sonic fans will be screen capturing the footage for themselves. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, hoots.

Stealth and I will be at the Sonic Revolution convention tomorrow if any of you SoCal hoots wanna feel the Mania. We'll also be at E3 next to the Mania demo stations if we're not off working or doing press.

Happy Hechoeg.

• Thumbs Up 6

If I've got the time zones right, it looks like this YouTube stream will take place after Microsoft's conference. Which doesn't exclude the possibility that our first look at any Sonic games this E3 will still come from Microsoft's conference. Like having a new trailer or two during the Microsoft conference and then making the YouTube session more of a hands on playthrough of each Sonic game. But that still remains to be seen.

Personally though, I won't be able to watch the Microsoft conference live. So I'll leave it up to someone else to let everyone know if Sonic makes an appearance then.

28 minutes ago, Kintor said:

If I've got the time zones right, it looks like this YouTube stream will take place after Microsoft's conference. Which doesn't exclude the possibility that our first look at any Sonic games this E3 will still come from Microsoft's conference. Like having a new trailer or two during the Microsoft conference and then making the YouTube session more of a hands on playthrough of each Sonic game. But that still remains to be seen.

Personally though, I won't be able to watch the Microsoft conference live. So I'll leave it up to someone else to let everyone know if Sonic makes an appearance then.

Microsoft's is tomorrow, but the Sonic stream is on Monday. I meant to bold that part, so that's my bad.

No matter if I had work or not, I would still be able to see this.

Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So the only thing we need to worry about is this event starting at 6PM EST,  might possibly overlap with Ubisoft's that starts at 4PM correct?

Also worth a reminder: We are supposed to get new promotional art for both Mania and Forces either today or tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that. 

It's being streamed on Gameslice right now. 

More of modern Park Avenue being shown off. 

Death Egg Robot boss shoots sonic 2 bombs if you are too far to be punched. I think the reveals are over also.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that was disappointing....

But they did say they were working on a lot for E3, so i'm assuming tomorrow there might be something?

• Thumbs Up 1

They just showed off Knuckles in Chemical Plant Act 2 and the Green Hill Act 2 boss. Looking fucking rad as always. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gemster312 said:

But they did say they were working on a lot for E3, so i'm assuming tomorrow there might be something?

We didn't get the art reveal either. Hopefully there is more

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Pretty sure we'll get more tomorrow. E3 hasn't officially opened yet. The E3 demo, going by previews, looks to have a total of 7 zones. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes; it turned out to be a streamlined segment within a larger 45 minute block; but it was quite positive and fun; somehow I didn't expect the presenter to just walk over to a large screen with Aaron waiting for him there!  

I'm not a console or PC gamer, at least in terms of most modern games' specifications, unfortunately, but I am beginning to become excited about Forces anyway. It certainly helps when Aaron presents it, rather than when it is gameplay footage with no human context. 

This specific short playthrough helped click/suddenly make much more sense for me why the game is in three styles and how the full game might actually feel to play through, and why it is exciting for Sonic Team to be creating this.  It does sound like they may already also be working on something for 2021?  Will this E3 come and go without any more distant future new games being teased I wonder? :o^_^

Knuckles travelling through Chemical Plant is some of the best revealed footage yet, it does show, I think, most clearly, how all of the classic games' zone layout styles are being combined into a format that works exceptionally well to sort of fill in what potential was "missing" for additional depth to a zone layout in each of the original games; of course often due to tileset and then-current game code limitations.  It is almost as though each of the earlier games' differences in zone layout were like a puzzle waiting to be solved by combining them! 

41 minutes ago, Zippo said:

There we go. A 30 minute presentation sounds much better. 

I expect we may get the new demo zone and artwork reveal!